• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Images Of Fort

I8mAll

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I want more! I want photos and drawings of the great man plastered on my walls rather than just as simulacra in the mould on the plaster.

Can we have a central repository of royalty free images (drawings or photos) of him. I'd happiliy host it. I just want to make his face more recognised as I proselytize amongst the dim, damned and deluded.

JTD

And remember: "A peach was once a bitter almond and a cauliflower is just a cabbage with a good eduction."

I8mAll said:
I want more! I want photos and drawings of the great man plastered on my walls rather than just as simulacra in the mould on the plaster.
."

wait, howcomes we don't get reports of simacrula of Charles Hoy Fort inna Post?
nobody recognizes the bloke with the glasses?

Simulacra, but will a skirting board sample do?
8C029636-BD4F-4D5D-AB63-10D6FD8DE268.jpeg

I once found an old photo of a random man in a market in London that I thought bore more than a passing resemblance to Fort. Probably wasn't but you never know. If I can find a scan, I'll put it on here.

I once found an old photo of a random man in a market in London that I thought bore more than a passing resemblance to Fort. Probably wasn't but you never know. If I can find a scan, I'll put it on here.
a man who looks like Charles Fort.jpg

I think it may be the moustache and glasses combo that fooled me, rather than facial similarity (Fort was chubbier and appears to have had thicker, darker hair. He also had pronounced eyebrows).

Fort_charles_1920.jpg

I see the resemblance, but it's mainly from the grooming style and the pince-nez.

Fort was born in 1874. He didn't travel overseas until he was 18 (circa 1892 or 1893).

The photographer J. E. (John Edward) Bliss died - and his studio stock was sold off - in summer 1885, before Fort's 11th birthday.

http://www.fadingimages.uk/photoBl.asp

I see the resemblance, but it's mainly from the grooming style and the pince-nez.

Fort was born in 1874. He didn't travel overseas until he was 18 (circa 1892 or 1893).

The photographer J. E. (John Edward) Bliss died - and his studio stock was sold off - in summer 1885, before Fort's 11th birthday.

http://www.fadingimages.uk/photoBl.asp
Mind you Fort did look like the usual photos of him since he was 11. Seriously he was middle aged in appearance by about 15!

Back