• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Impressive poltergeist activity on film

gattino

Justified & Ancient
I include this in news as it was posted 7 hours ago and already shared thousands of times.

Normally when an alleged polt video turns up online its either a) on youtube, anonymous or with a vague backstory and no questions answered or b) a tiny movement of an object suspected of being prodded with an off camera stick or piece of string.

I've not looked back at the preceding postings in detail but this appears at first glance at least to be a real facebook user showing what's happening in her new home in ireland for and with responses from her friends and family. If its set up its impressively elaborate. If its not then it surely a first in terms of video evidence that it is so direct and eventful..

Edit: here it is on youtube

Last edited:
Sorry, this page isn't available
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

Bum..that's annoying. Maybe you have to be logged into facebook. The video is still there and set for public viewing.

All I can do is direct you the girl's profile so you can find it yourself. https://www.facebook.com/ashling.murphy3?fref=ts

I'll re-edit the original post to include this info.

Here it is on You Tube . When I first watched it I notice the way the light pulls back looks like there could be a string tied just above the lamp shade, the light seems to bend that way. The most impressive thing has to be the red bucket sliding toward the camera operator right at the very end...frightening but not impossible using a piece of string.

There's a video on the Facebook page posted on the 15th of September (earliest entry) has some bangs and thunps on it but then again it might be the neighbours complaining about the Best of Ibiza blaring out at the volume at 3 in the morning...the cat sprawled on the couch doesn't seem that bothered with what is going on around it?

EDIT: Around the 1.03 mark, the camera is already on the cupboard door before the polt action takes place...

Last edited:
Yes, if I;d seen it on youtube I'd assume it was all strings etc, and I also noticed it was concentrating on certain spots before stuff happened..but I'll get back to that.

What's of interest as I say is that its on personal facebook page so the origin and history of it can be analysed more.

Its a young woman in a small town in cork. Despite the video today going truly viral she "only" has 640 friends, and only her "friends" can comment. There are 20 under the video. Most of which are eitehr directing otyher friends to it or expressing shock, several addressing her by name giving hte impression at least of knowing her in the real world, there's also an impression of pre-awareness of alleged activity there among her friends..thats to say its not a fake or fantasy profile. One preson asks where it is and another identfies herself as the girl's aunt and says it's HER house. She doesn't comment on the veracity of the events but its inferred that she clearly isn't casting doubts on htem. Which would make her some kind of co conspirator if its all faked. Interestingly - however you want to read it - the apparent aunt, if you go to HER profile, is listed as a psychologist/sociologist.

Todays video is labelled "its definitely getting way worse, I defo have to move house" followed by two tearful emoticons.

The worse reference is of immediate interest...she posted another video on 15 September showing the same room and less of the same effects.. primarily the lamp swining wildly and cupboard banging open. The video is headed "Ye think he have problems I'm down in the middle of no where with this happening to me wtf". Once again the camera focus on the cupboard door before it opens, but you do hear under hte music the sound of banging or thumping which could, if real, account for it. Interestingly her friends on this first occassion are alltogether more sceptical. Lots of cynical "yeah right"s "love it" "What a load of bull" and suggestions of string..and of course someone points out her focusing on an area before stuff happens. This is hte only occassion during which she replies to scepticism. "Watch again the cupboard was opening before I moved the camera on to it."

This leaves me in two minds, that response I mean.. its not very forceful or defensive, but is a fair point. She doesn't go out of her way to explain anything or offer ripostes to the negative comments.

So either it is all real, and the focusing on an area before the doors open etc is down to a repetition of the experience and beign drawn by sounds....or she's learnt to do a trick and got some reactin, so improved on it. Is the psychologist aunt part of it? conducting an experiment? Or is her profession and ownership of the house corroborative evidence to its bona fides?

ADDENDUM: two other observations to feed either a paranormal or psychological explanation as you see fit. The gir's cover photo is her own hand written message on the wet sand of a beach wishing a man called Mick "RIP", love Ash. Secondly - whether related or not - in hte last few weeks she had posts promoting suicide prevention awareness. Throw these things into the speculative mix as you choose.

Last edited:
It's not even 24 hours and its been viewed 5 million times now on facebook alone.

I googled poltergeist video Cork to see if it had become a news story yet.. it hasn't but, intriguingly, there is one from 2010 about a family fleeing alleged polt activity in their house in Cork. The location is a 20 minute drive from this gir's stated location (assuming its up to date), whatever that tells you.

Here it is on You Tube . When I first watched it I notice the way the light pulls back looks like there could be a string tied just above the lamp shade, the light seems to bend that way. The most impressive thing has to be the red bucket sliding toward the camera operator right at the very end...frightening but not impossible using a piece of string.

I'm not seeing a red bucket. Has the video been changed since you posted the link?

'm not seeing a red bucket. Has the video been changed since you posted the link?
Confusingly the youtube link mooksta supplied is to the original, first, video from last week. The more eventful one described in the original post here is this..

A couple of corrections to my earlier assessment: I said the aunt was a psychologist.. re-reading her profile it actually merely says she studied the subject but is a full time mum. Interestingly there are no publically viewable postings on HER profile that mention the haunting. On the other hand on the original girl's facebook page, the aunt has made a new comment regarding the youtube link. She has written "we have a guest in our home :(" which means she is directly corroborating her niece's claim of polt activity. But again neither of them have written any text on the subject visible to strangers, there's the just the videos with next to no elaboration.

I'm not seeing a red bucket. Has the video been changed since you posted the link?

My mistake...sorry Dave...looking at the bucket moving it does seem to be lead by the handle...which would be the best place to tie a thread.

I saw that the other day on Facebook. If you look at the comments on there, one guy in particular, who seems to be a friend or relative of hers, tells her something like, "Fuck off, lass, I can see the string!"
Which suggested to me he knew she was making it up. She also didn't seem too frightened when filming it all.

Back