In Search Of Werewolves

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
According to Vic and Bob on Shooting Stars, Kevin Bacon is a were-pig. Always remembered that.

Why isn't this on the Werewolves thread?

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Reaction score
Not sure if this belongs here, in a hypothetical bigger werewolf thread, or in a black shuck thread, but here goes.

From The Book of Were-Wolves, by Sabine Baring-Gould, 1865 comes this cute legend

In Devonshire they range the moors in the shape of black dogs, and I know a story of two such creatures appearing in an inn and nightly drinking the cider, till the publican shot a silver button over their heads, when they were instantly transformed into two ill-favoured old ladies of his acquaintance.

lordmongrove

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
<singing>
How much is that werewolf in the window?
The one with the waggly tail
How much is that werewolf in the window?
I do hope that werewolf's for sale
</singing>
The Universal wolfman (Lon Chaney Jr) looked more like a Yorkshire terrier than a wolf.

IbisNibs

Exotic animal, sort of . . .
Reaction score
"There was even a bizarre sighting of a what looked like a medical experiment gone wrong, a being that looked like a pig-man."
Honestly, this is not an abnormal state these days, and it is not limited to the male gender.

I really don't understand why the townspeople haven't exploited their "portal to the bizarre" as a tourist attraction. They don't sound very enterprising, those folks at Cannock Chase! :alien:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
"There was even a bizarre sighting of a what looked like a medical experiment gone wrong, a being that looked like a pig-man."
Honestly, this is not an abnormal state these days, and it is not limited to the male gender.

I really don't understand why the townspeople haven't exploited their "portal to the bizarre" as a tourist attraction. They don't sound very enterprising, those folks at Cannock Chase! :alien:

We've been to Cannock Chase on our bikes. The most gruesome thing we saw was the state of my knees after after I repeatedly fell off.