• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

In Search Of Werewolves

According to Vic and Bob on Shooting Stars, Kevin Bacon is a were-pig. Always remembered that.

Why isn't this on the Werewolves thread?

Not sure if this belongs here, in a hypothetical bigger werewolf thread, or in a black shuck thread, but here goes.

From The Book of Were-Wolves, by Sabine Baring-Gould, 1865 comes this cute legend

In Devonshire they range the moors in the shape of black dogs, and I know a story of two such creatures appearing in an inn and nightly drinking the cider, till the publican shot a silver button over their heads, when they were instantly transformed into two ill-favoured old ladies of his acquaintance.

"There was even a bizarre sighting of a what looked like a medical experiment gone wrong, a being that looked like a pig-man."
Honestly, this is not an abnormal state these days, and it is not limited to the male gender.

I really don't understand why the townspeople haven't exploited their "portal to the bizarre" as a tourist attraction. They don't sound very enterprising, those folks at Cannock Chase! :alien:

"There was even a bizarre sighting of a what looked like a medical experiment gone wrong, a being that looked like a pig-man."
Honestly, this is not an abnormal state these days, and it is not limited to the male gender.

I really don't understand why the townspeople haven't exploited their "portal to the bizarre" as a tourist attraction. They don't sound very enterprising, those folks at Cannock Chase! :alien:

We've been to Cannock Chase on our bikes. The most gruesome thing we saw was the state of my knees after after I repeatedly fell off.

Because werewolves have a prominent place in world history?

You need to hear from this man.

P.-Sufenas-Virius-Lupus_520x500_1559217d-db98-440b-9126-d295856eab7f_480x480.jpg

3/18/2020: Dr. Phillip Bernhardt-House - Werewolf Cults in Ancient Times.

Dr. Phillip A. Bernhardt-House is the Chair of the History and Geography Department at Skagit Valley College. E* researches in the areas of Celtic Studies, medieval literature, world religions, and the academic study of magic. Under the spiritual name P. Sufenas Virius Lupus, he also has written extensively about ancient and modern polytheism in theory, theology, and practice.

Barking?

Love me some dogman. I follow loads of the YouTube channels on this topic. It seems so many people have seen something like a werewolf there has to be something out there!

Back