• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

In Which Issue Did The 'Fairies, Folklore and Forteana' Column Start?

packshaud

Devoted Cultist
The title says it all, I guess. I found it at least in Fortean Times 321 p. 25 (an edition with The Fairy Investigation Society on the cover), but it was not on the index.

So, I am wondering if there are older ones.

Are you thinking about getting the whole set? I have ambitions in that direction ;)

Are you thinking about getting the whole set? I have ambitions in that direction ;)
Yes, I am considering a full Fortean Times set. But since shipping would double the cost of the magazines, I decided to settle for digital versions whenever possible. Right now, I am checking to see how far different vendors go back with old issues. Zinio carries the magazine since FT268 (Nov 2010). The current number (at the time of this post) is FT381, so, 114 magazines are available and the rest I would have to see. I am aware of the CDs with several old numbers, but from what I remember these had an annoying square watermark. There are book compilations of the really old numbers, which make their acquisition easier.

I also should check the quality of the images; I bought one of the It Happened to Me volumes on Zinio, but the image quality is quite poor. The text seems to be rendered as vectors, but the image background is very blocky due to high compression.

Does anyone here also has digital versions? What providers do you use?

Back