• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Incest Is Best?

Reports of a grimly awful multi-generational incest case, from the Australian outback.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-after-generations-of-inbreeding-8998115.html

Australia incest case: Filthy and severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding

The Independent. John Hall. 11 December 2013

The filthy and severely deformed offspring of a horrifying incest cult whose members bred together for generations have been discovered in a remote farming community in Australia.

Apparently unknown to the 2,000 people with whom they shared their fertile valley township in New South Wales, at least 40 members of the reclusive Colt family raised four generations of inbred children in one of the country’s worst ever cases of child abuse.

According to the Sydney Daily Telegraph - which published details of New South Wales Children’s Court’s judgement on the family - the case only came to light when authorities were informed that children living in a network of huts in the valley did not attend school.

The subsequent New South Wales Police and Community Services investigation found deformed and disabled children living in squalor; unable to take care of themselves and lacking knowledge of basic hygiene, such as how to clean their teeth or use toilet paper.

Many of the children were suffering from severe health problems brought on by inbreeding, with a number diagnosed with homozygosity deformations – mutations caused by inheriting identical genes from both parents.

Hardly any were capable of intelligible speech, many were deaf and/or blind, and those that could understand what investigators were saying were painfully shy due to spending their entire lives without communicating with anyone other their immediate family members.

The name of the valley in which the family lived has been kept secret to avoid identifying the victims of child abuse, and the members have been given pseudonyms for the same reason. The surname Colt is not the real family name.

Despite this, New South Wales Children’s Court is understood to have released details of the case as it felt the world had to hear about one of Australia’s worst ever instances of incest.

The family is believed to trace back to the children’s great-grandparents, who were brother and sister. The incestuous siblings had a number of children, with these children raising another generation children of offspring among themselves. This third generation also chose to inbreed, giving birth to the children recently found living in squalor in the valley.

In total, at least 40 inbred people were believed to have been born in the network of huts – which were not served with any electricity or running water.
Original report: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...iet-country-town/story-fni0cx4q-1226780679570

I would say this was a case of the abused being raised with a sense of normal that disguised the wrongness of the situation from them. Without any outside reference, they literally didn't know any better. And if anyone had come along and tried to explain to them why it was wrong, they would have been angry.

Like footbinding, slavery, gender and racial discrimination, female circumcision, and on and on and on. This is just a very small-scale society with an institutionalized wrongness that caught up to them fast.

liveinabin1 said:
This item has a family tree:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/t ... 6781805877

I guess that it is a case of the abused going on to become an abuser. Shocking that this can happen.

Although this is an extreme case apparently simple incest within extended families, especially rural ones, is far commoner than most people suppose, even in the UK - I know a lawyer who deals with such cases. For some reason they are rarely considered newsworthy except when they are as extreme as this.

Australian judge says incest may no longer be a taboo
Judge in Australia says incest may no longer be a taboo and the only reason it is criminal is potential birth abnormalities, which can be solved by abortion
By Jonathan Pearlman in Sydney
12:47PM BST 10 Jul 2014

A judge in Australia has been criticised after saying incest may no longer be a taboo and that the community may now accept consensual sex between adult siblings.
Judge Garry Neilson, from the district court in the state of New South Wales, likened incest to homosexuality, which was once regarded as criminal and "unnatural" but is now widely accepted.

He said incest was now only a crime because it may lead to abnormalities in offspring but this rationale was increasingly irrelevant because of the availability of contraception and abortion.
"A jury might find nothing untoward in the advance of a brother towards his sister once she had sexually matured, had sexual relationships with other men and was now 'available', not having [a] sexual partner," the judge said.

"If this was the 1950s and you had a jury of 12 men there, which is what you'd invariably have, they would say it's unnatural for a man to be interested in another man or a man being interested in a boy. Those things have gone."

Judge Neilson made the comments during the trial of a brother charged with raping his younger sister. The man has pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting his sister when she was 10 or 11 years old in 1973 or 1974 but has pleaded not guilty to charges relating to sex they had in 1981, when she was 18 and he was 26.
"By that stage they are both mature adults," the judge said.

"The complainant has been sexually awoken, shall we say, by having two relationships with men and she had become 'free' when the second relationship broke down. The only thing that might change that is the fact that they were a brother and sister but we've come a long way from the 1950s – when the position of the English Common Law was that sex outside marriage was not lawful."

The comments were labelled misogynistic and "completely disgraceful" by Sally Dowling, the crown prosecutor, who has asked an appeal court to appoint another judge.
"The reference to abortion is particularly repellent," she said.

Dr Cathy Kezelman, an advocate for preventing child sex abuse, said incest was horrific, regardless of the ages of those involved.
"The relational betrayal of the horrors of incest between a brother and sister of any age is abhorrently criminal," she told The Sydney Morning Herald.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... taboo.html

He'd probably have said something similar if the defendant had been accused of 'bothering' sheep. (that's not a poke at antipodeans, btw - I genuinely love 'em)

Eighteen is hardly mature, especially in relation to a 26-year-old who'd assaulted her before. The power relationships within the family don't change on the 18th birthday. "Resignation" is not the same as consent.

''The Hollow: The inbred hillbilly hamlet where (literally) everyone’s related''
10:12 am

The Hollow is a 1975 documentary about the inbred hillbilly residents of an area of New York State in Saratoga County known informally as “Allentown” for reasons that soon become abundantly clear. It begins with the following text:
Read more at http://dangerousminds.net/comments/the_hollow_the_inbred_hillbilly_hamlet#9EYC3Afb2shpe9oL.99
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/the_hollow_the_inbred_hillbilly_hamlet

Mum and son incest couple go into hiding as police say mother could face 15 years in jail
Updated 19:33, 8 Apr 2016
By Christopher Bucktin

Kim West told how she has been enjoying “incredible and mind-blowing” sex with son Ben Ford ever since they met in 2014.
A British mother who has admitted having an incestuous relationship with her son was in hiding as police said she could face up to 15 years in prison .

Kim West told how she has been enjoying “incredible and mind-blowing” sex with Ben Ford ever since they met in 2014 after being reunited following 30 years apart.
The English-born mum became pregnant while studying in California and after giving birth to her son aged 19, gave him up for adoption .

Now after being reunited Ben, 32, has left his wife and moved in with his 52-year-old mum in Michigan where they hope to start a family and get married .
But after speaking about their love for each other and revealing their plans to have a baby, the couple have now gone to ground as US authorities became aware of their relationship.

If a member of the public was to complain about the couple, US police would be duty bound to investigate.
Under Michigan law consensual incestuous relationships between adults are punishable by up 15 years in prison.
Under the State’s legislation criminal sexual conduct in the third degree is committed when “the other person is related to the accused by blood or affinity to the third degree.”

A spokeswoman for Michigan State police told the Mirror: “Under State law incest between two consenting adult is a third degree felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
“Anyone convicted of such an offence would also be required to sign the sex offenders register for life.”
The spokeswoman said she was “not aware” of any complaint being received.

After Ben was adopted West, who grew up in Islington, returned back to the UK.
But in December 2013, she received a letter from her son, who was looking to track down his biological parents.
At the time he was happily married and living in Colorado.
A month after getting in touch the mother and son arranged to meet sharing their first kiss after enjoying a bottle of champagne in a hotel.

Two years on Ben, a freelance computer coder, has left his wife and set up home with his mother in Michigan.
They insist their relationship is not incest, but instead is ‘Genetic Sexual Attraction’, a term used for relatives who feel sexual attraction for each other after meeting as adults.
Kim said: “This is not incest, it is GSA. We are like peas in a pod and are meant to be together.
“I know people will say we’re disgusting, that we should be able to control our feelings, but when you’re hit by a love so consuming you are willing to give up everything for it, you have to fight for it.
“It’s a once in a lifetime chance and something Ben and I are not willing to walk away from.”

Ben added: “When I met Kim, I couldn’t think of her as my mum but instead as a sexual being.
“I had seen a therapist at an adoption support group and had learnt about the GSA phenomenon.”
The say they would like to marry however such weddings are banned throughout America.
They also want to try for a baby but have said they will consider surrogacy if they are unable to have a biological child.

The couple say they are prepared to leave Michigan to avoid being arrested. Only two states allow adult incest.
Rhode Island repealed its criminal incest statute in 1989 and New Jersey law imposes no criminal penalties for incest where both parties are adults.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/mum-son-incest-couple-go-7717788

Mum and son incest couple go into hiding as police say mother could face 15 years in jail
Updated 19:33, 8 Apr 2016
By Christopher Bucktin

Kim West told how she has been enjoying “incredible and mind-blowing” sex with son Ben Ford ever since they met in 2014.
A British mother who has admitted having an incestuous relationship with her son was in hiding as police said she could face up to 15 years in prison .

Kim West told how she has been enjoying “incredible and mind-blowing” sex with Ben Ford ever since they met in 2014 after being reunited following 30 years apart.
The English-born mum became pregnant while studying in California and after giving birth to her son aged 19, gave him up for adoption .

Now after being reunited Ben, 32, has left his wife and moved in with his 52-year-old mum in Michigan where they hope to start a family and get married .
But after speaking about their love for each other and revealing their plans to have a baby, the couple have now gone to ground as US authorities became aware of their relationship.

If a member of the public was to complain about the couple, US police would be duty bound to investigate.
Under Michigan law consensual incestuous relationships between adults are punishable by up 15 years in prison.
Under the State’s legislation criminal sexual conduct in the third degree is committed when “the other person is related to the accused by blood or affinity to the third degree.”

A spokeswoman for Michigan State police told the Mirror: “Under State law incest between two consenting adult is a third degree felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
“Anyone convicted of such an offence would also be required to sign the sex offenders register for life.”
The spokeswoman said she was “not aware” of any complaint being received.

After Ben was adopted West, who grew up in Islington, returned back to the UK.
But in December 2013, she received a letter from her son, who was looking to track down his biological parents.
At the time he was happily married and living in Colorado.
A month after getting in touch the mother and son arranged to meet sharing their first kiss after enjoying a bottle of champagne in a hotel.

Two years on Ben, a freelance computer coder, has left his wife and set up home with his mother in Michigan.
They insist their relationship is not incest, but instead is ‘Genetic Sexual Attraction’, a term used for relatives who feel sexual attraction for each other after meeting as adults.
Kim said: “This is not incest, it is GSA. We are like peas in a pod and are meant to be together.
“I know people will say we’re disgusting, that we should be able to control our feelings, but when you’re hit by a love so consuming you are willing to give up everything for it, you have to fight for it.
“It’s a once in a lifetime chance and something Ben and I are not willing to walk away from.”

Ben added: “When I met Kim, I couldn’t think of her as my mum but instead as a sexual being.
“I had seen a therapist at an adoption support group and had learnt about the GSA phenomenon.”
The say they would like to marry however such weddings are banned throughout America.
They also want to try for a baby but have said they will consider surrogacy if they are unable to have a biological child.

The couple say they are prepared to leave Michigan to avoid being arrested. Only two states allow adult incest.
Rhode Island repealed its criminal incest statute in 1989 and New Jersey law imposes no criminal penalties for incest where both parties are adults.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/mum-son-incest-couple-go-7717788

Without wanting to think about it too much, I'm wondering who made the first move, Mum or Son ?.. and 'GSA phenomenon' ? .. give me a break.

IIRC, there are several other examples upthread.
I'm sure there are Rynn .. I just don't want to accept that wanting to have sex with family members deserves a medical sounding excuse .. (I'm not having a go at you btw, I just think we can all decide to have sex with anything these days apparently and then invent a syndrome to get away with it).

I think we should name it Skywalker syndrome.
I think Organa syndrome would be fairer seeing as Leia snogged Luke to make Han jealous, not the other way round (before she knew he was her brother) ..

I'm sure there are Rynn .. I just don't want to accept that wanting to have sex with family members deserves a medical sounding excuse .. (I'm not having a go at you btw, I just think we can all decide to have sex with anything these days apparently and then invent a syndrome to get away with it).
Especially as most sexual abuse still goes on within families and this would legitimise it - as thing stands, it's illegal consent or no.

The issue seems to be families who were separated at a very early age - or perhaps never knew a father/sibling at all - and then meet as adults and feel attracted to each other. It's a very different phenomenon I thincommon or garden incest within families. I suggested earlier in the thread that it is a form of narcissism.

Still, pretty repulsive either way.

My eldest nephew and niece, both adults btw, are close siblings and, though I've only and briefly seen the niece's boyfriend a couple of times, on both occasions my brain went into slow motion struggling to compute if that was her brother standing there or not....

I used to know a retired social worker who lived in the same building as me .. until he died in his flat .. anyway, I remember him telling me about a family he had to visit where basically, the whole family were having sex with each other .. I don't think I would have been able to keep my temper ..

Lyall Watson digs into this taboo at some length in 'Dark Nature' and discusses it in terms of the taboo being a way that one's genes are avoiding offspring which don't lead to genetic diversity and further don't significantly improve the chances of one's own genes being more successful.

On "Normal For Norfolk". The possibly apochryphal story is that there are only three counties in England where the presiding midwife is obliged to discreetly ask if the father of the child is a blood relative of the mother: Norfolk, Suffolk and Gloucestershire. I really don't know if this is absolute truth, exaggerated truth or just exaggeration - Gloucestershire, after all, is the home county of Fred West and this must reinforce a good sick black joke.

but anyway. I turned out for a few occassions for one of the lesser cricket sides for UEA Norwich - Extra Fourth Reserves or something lowly like that, who played in one of the lower social leagues in Norfolk. More for the drinking afterwards than for the cricket. What Michael Green would have called "Coarse Cricket".

One Sunday afternoon fixture was against a truly remote village in North Norfolk. Most towns, villages and hamlets have a road in and a road out, right? They're on the way to somewhere, or astride a road, and you can stay and pass through as you will. But (1987-88ish) this town, hamlet really, only had one road in. To leave it, you turned round and took the same road out again. Truly remote, the end of the line, the middle of nowhere. Then again, North Norfolk is one of the most sparsely populated areas of Great Britain: parts of the Scottish Highlands are teeming with people, by comparision.

This hamlet - I'll call it "Swinethorpe" - had a cricket side. And ye Gods, all twelve players looked like clones, like brothers. And then you looked at the villagers. Everyone looked as if they were related. A hundred and eighty people, tops, from the hamlet and surrounding farms? If one of them had started paying a banjo, you would not have been surprised. It was like a rural English take on "Deliverance". We stayed for the obligatory beer and sandwiches afterwards, but made polite excuses as soon as soon as we could and headed back down the B1159 to the A148... un=nerving. I've never seen anywhere like it...

Last edited:
As I believe I mentioned earlier in this thread, the in-depth statistical researches I did on this very subject a decade or two back left me convinced that approximately 8/10ths of one percent of American men (at least) have experienced some sort of sexual contact with their mothers.

P. S. Apologies, Rynner, for somehow missing this item when you posted it 10 months ago.

Current population of the USA is 323,559,747. Assuming a rough 50:50 split by gender, that leaves 161,779, 874 men (rounding up the 0.5) . 0.8% = 1,294,239 (again rounding up). Blimey. That's a lot of oedipal complexes out there....

I used to know a retired social worker who lived in the same building as me .. until he died in his flat .. anyway, I remember him telling me about a family he had to visit where basically, the whole family were having sex with each other .. I don't think I would have been able to keep my temper ..
qe4gqevxb0hdlksxc4ei.gif

You do realise we all now want to go there?
Heh heh. Location undisclosed to protect the innocent. Clue: it's not all that far from Sandringham. I guess this is where Her Maj retains Village Idiots, By Royal Appointment.

I feel a bit sick! I know it happens and over the great span of human existence it has to have happened in all our family trees, but still, FFS! And GSA, I thought that was if you met your brother but didn't realise he was your brother and you both went at it hammer and tongs, without knowing you were siblings. And then you find out and go all Greek tragedy about the place. Or, set up home in Appalachia and then the X-Files come round and film the offspring...
index.php

(that's me on the left)

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-9_20-19-7.png
    upload_2016-4-9_20-19-7.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 352
Back