• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Incident At Loch Ness (Hoax / Satire Film)

A

Anonymous

Check this out

A Boat sinks on Loch Ness under mysterious circumstances
Two scientists missing feared drowned

Both work on the Walter Hertzog film Enigima of Loch Ness

Could Nessie sink the boat see the video that may prove some unknown creature in the Loch

All at this site

http://www.truthaboutlochness.com

I not saying this is real but it is strange and amazing if true

Tell me what you think

Nessie probably over reacted when Herzog pulled a gun on it and threatened to shoot it if it didn't give him the sort of performance he was demanding!

:rofl:

A Boat sinking on Loch Ness is not remarkable. The loch is well known for sudden squalls and is by no means a safe or an easy place to sail...plus if you fall in, its very cold...

Tim Dinsdale had enough problems.

But Andromans theory is probably too...

maybe it's to my detriment, but....

I assumed it was a "Blair Witch" style hoax.

I tried to get in touch with the staff of the hotel where they were staying [Fort Aug. Inverness, Scotland] but didn't amke any headway.

Perhaps one of our Highland friends can shed some light on this story? Does anyone know any member of the staff there?

Trace Mann

Well I watched the video and the people on the boat don't sound convincing to me. I would expect them to sound more excited or scared. If the video had no audio then it would be a little more impressive.

I reckon it'll turn out to be a hoax, but it does look pretty fun....

its a fake.
I would have heard about it in the venerable Inverness Courier if it had happened. This would be big news in Inverness for sure.
Ross

Wasnt that the rag that in the 30s actually interviewed the LMN??

Whether or not its a fake, it's a cool video, really weird. Mind you I never even heard about the accident let alone the footage so who knows?

Still, that video is strange. Something seems to dip out of the water on the 'creatures,' left hand side right at the start - A flipper perhaps? :)

If it's genuine, then it seems to prove that Werner Herzog has a sense of humour! :eek!!!!:

AndroMan said:
Nessie probably over reacted when Herzog pulled a gun on it and threatened to shoot it if it didn't give him the sort of performance he was demanding!
Well, he thought she might respond to the same kind of direction as Klaus Kinski used to.

Look! It's A Great Big Humpybackit Finny Thing! We Should Ha

Considering how rare a glimpse of the denizen of the loch is and how thoroughly the loch has been probed and scrutinized over the last several decades, how anybody could fall for this codswallop baffles me! :p

Highlander answer

I live in the Highlands, am very interested in all manner of Fortean phenomena, particularly cryptozoology, and have an extensive knowledge of Loch Ness and the surrounding area - even having spent many hours on the Loch in boats over the years.

I've never heard of this. Nobody I've spoken to about it has heard of it. I am extremely sceptical, to say the least. I'll see what I can find out, though.

All in all, about as credible as one of my million dollar bills.....

While not exactly the most reliable test of any Fortean phenomena, the mainstream press doesn't seem to have picked up on two scientists mysteriously dying on Loch Ness - and the Daily Snail would jump at the "scoop"!

Seems to me ol' Werners getting a bit desperate if he comes up with this kind of hoax to get publicity!

Remake "Kaspar Hauser" you old fart and stop faffing about with non-existent boats!

Yes, we all know about the Daily Snail and Loch Ness...

"Million buck bills for sale! Fiver for two!!"

Mo on the film from Fangoria:

INCIDENT AT LOCH NESS: Monster Mania

By JEREMIAH KIPP

The line between hoax and reality is blurred in Zak Penn’s directorial debut, INCIDENT AT LOCH NESS (opening September 17 in New York and LA, with other cities to follow; see http://www.incidentatlochness.com for more dates). This film purports to be a documentary account of Werner Herzog’s failed attempt to make a movie about the famed Scottish lake, “exploring the origin and necessity of the monster” rather than searching for the creature itself. The making of Herzog’s movie goes strangely awry, and the tone of the movie falls somewhere between the eerie “you are there” vibe of THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT and the broad comic strokes of Christopher Guest’s THIS IS SPINAL TAP.

If the events documented in LOCH NESS are to be believed, Herzog and his team encountered paranormal phenomena that forced Herzog, for the first time in his adventurous career, to halt production on a movie. Remember, this is a man who has achieved notoriety for filming in some of the most dangerous conditions on earth, including making a movie inside a live volcano. But what happened at Loch Ness is apparently too bizarre for even the mighty Herzog to handle.

Penn, a successful Hollywood screenwriter with such films as X2 and SUSPECT ZERO on his résumé, was the mastermind behind INCIDENT AT LOCH NESS. “This movie was independently financed and put together,” Penn says. “It was helpful that I had built up many industry connections at this point in my career, which made things much easier than if I had been a novice. But most of the people involved in the project came on because of Werner Herzog and their desire to work with him.”

Unfortunetly www.thetruthaboutlochness has been down for some time...

But the movie comes out on Region 1 (U.S.) DVD next week -

http://www.lasersedge.com/item_detail.asp?id=59186&tMedia=1

59186.jpg

Incident at Loch Ness chronicles the story of the making (an unmaking) of acclaimed director, Werner Herzog's film. Herzog's stated intent was "to explore the origin and the necessity of the monster" rather than to look for the creature itself. Shocking, controversial and strangely humorous, the film raises many questions about where reality ends and fiction begins.

It's a film well worth seeing actually - I saw at the Edinburgh film festival last year, and the director (Zak Penn) and most of the cast gave a really interesting talk afterwards. As for Herzog - he was hilarious throughout the film, and really sent himself up.

Best of all was a fake cryptozoologist, who kept bits of squid tentacles in a jar and yeti pelts, if a I remember. One for the not so serious fortean...

MORE INFO HERE (I just got my copy-a really good read , I must say! was hard to put down to sleep last night-very well researched " If you liked Jaws , this is Jaws (nessie) re-visited via Scotland ) http://www.theloch.com/ :splat:

Back