• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Incident in Mt Rainier National Park

This is a creepypasta, so not an actual happening.

The American National Parks have been places of High Strangeness for decades. UFO/third kind activity. Cryptids ranging from Bigfoot to Dog-headed bipeds, Pan-type experiences, People vanishing and occasionally translocating over distances and Time Slips.

If the guy had posted the account on here would you have been so dismissive?

The American National Parks have been places of High Strangeness for decades. UFO/third kind activity. Cryptids ranging from Bigfoot to Dog-headed bipeds, Pan-type experiences, People vanishing and occasionally translocating over distances and Time Slips.

If the guy had posted the account on here would you have been so dismissive?
No.
I'm making the distinction between an 'it happened to me' - type account and a creepypasta, which is a work of fiction.

No.
I'm making the distinction between an 'it happened to me' - type account and a creepypasta, which is a work of fiction.
I thought it morphed from a pure fiction site to a bit more of a true story/urban legend type place these days?

Just my two cents-
Firstly the Mt Rainier area has long had a spooky reputation because it was the site of pilot Ken Arnolds famous 1947 "flying saucer" sighting.
Secondly when the kid said "monkey man", he might really have said "monk man" because aliens sometimes look like hooded monks in true abduction encounters, notably in the Chris Walken film "Communion"-

Thirdly the guy had a gun and I envy him, guns are banned here in Britain and I've often wished I had one when I was camping alone..:)
Fourth- the low voices might just have been prankers outside the tent.
Fifth- when I camp, I always sleep fully clothed to give myself a sense of security, but the guy in the vid was in his underwear, rather him than me!
Sixth- the kid "sleep-walking" out of the tent in the night was unusual, it once happened to me (or was I dreaming) but that's another story..:)

I'm with Myth on this - creepypasta I think is fictional horror/weirdness stories. This one should probably be taken such. There's no dates or locations given & it sounds like someone reading a script.

This thread was destined for CHAT, but as some non-fiction has now appeared we'll leave it.

I have been there a few times, but never had anything happen to me like this.

Thoughts?

You ever seen these Gerhard?

Mystery Mounds of Mt Rainier

• The bizarre prairie is full of thousands of strange and wondrous "Mounds of Mystery" or Mima Mounds - soil and gravel mounds that are closely-packed, some 6-8 feet high and about 30 feet across. The "pimpled prairies" cover about 10,000 acres and include tracts on Fort Lewis and near Yelm, Roy and Spanaway. The best location to view the mounds is the Mima Prairie near Little Rock, close to exit 95 off I-5. Due to its unique topography, this 624 acre site was designated a National Natural Landmark in 1968 by the National Park Service and is the nation's best example of the unusual "mima mound" phenomena. Visitor facilities include a 1/2 mile paved interpretive trail, an interpretive shelter with displays, a two mile loop trail, parking lot and restroom.
http://www.rainiervisitorguide.com/mima-mounds

Waymarker said- "guns are banned here in Britain"
--------------------------------------------------------
No they aren’t.

Yes, perhaps "banned" was too strong a word, I should have said "very difficult to obtain".
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the only way an ordinary British citizen can get a handgun is if he/she joins a gun club and uses their guns on their local shooting range, but he wouldn't be allowed to take them home.
Then after a probationary period of several months he can apply to the police for a firearms licence, and after running checks on him to find out if he's a fine upstanding citizen, the police will usually grant him a licence.
However, farmers can get shotgun licences fairly easily.
And naturally there are always shady ways for unscrupulous people to obtain guns, but that's another story..;)

Yes, perhaps "banned" was too strong a word, I should have said "very difficult to obtain".
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the only way an ordinary British citizen can get a handgun is if he/she joins a gun club and uses their guns on their local shooting range, but he wouldn't be allowed to take them home.
Then after a probationary period of several months he can apply to the police for a firearms licence, and after running checks on him to find out if he's a fine upstanding citizen, the police will usually grant him a licence.
And naturally there are always shady ways for unscrupulous people to obtain guns, but that's another story..;)

Arm badgers I say, cull farmers!

Arm badgers I say, cull farmers!

Ooh! Can I do a badger joke?

A husband and wife are driving home and run over a badger, they get out and find its still breathing but freezing cold. The husband says "Put it between your legs to warm it up" Wife replies "But its all wet and it stinks!" Husband says "Well hold its nose!".

Ooh! Can I do a badger joke?

A husband and wife are driving home and run over a badger, they get out and find its still breathing but freezing cold. The husband says "Put it between your legs to warm it up" Wife replies "But its all wet and it stinks!" Husband says "Well hold its nose!".

Appalling!

That was my understanding as well. Not a complete total ban, but very difficult to own, at least legally. Tell you what: if you're ever over here in my neck of the woods, let me know and I'll take you shooting.

That was my understanding as well. Not a complete total ban, but very difficult to own, at least legally. Tell you what: if you're ever over here in my neck of the woods, let me know and I'll take you shooting.

Thanks mate, and between you and me I wouldn't mind emigrating to America permanently and marrying a gal like this one, she can rope me, throw me and brand me any time she likes..:)-

stanwyck2.jpg

According to several websites and youtube videos, something strange is going on in US National Parks. It is said that people keep disappearing.

Let me do some more checking.

According to several websites and youtube videos, something strange is going on in US National Parks. It is said that people keep disappearing.

Let me do some more checking.

Missing 411 and David Paulides. He's catalogued years and years and years of incidents and mysterious disappearances. Some of it's fairly obvious and a misunderstanding of terrain, like, in thick forest it's very possible to pass within like 3 metres of someone and not realise they're there, but there;s some genuinely strange stuff

Back