• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Incredible lucid dream

Mouldy13

Ephemeral Spectre
A couple of nights ago I had a very clear lucid dream. I was standing in a field on a sunny day, trees around the edge of the field.

I'm stood facing a figure dressed in a brown cowled outfit, he has very piercing pale blue eyes and he's saying to me, in a very urgent tone.

"Philip, you must understand, everything you perceive as reality is an illusion created by us. You do understand this don't you Philip? It is absolutely imperative that you understand this"

I then wake up feeling wide awake, well rested and peaceful, but puzzling over this message.

A point, hardly anyone calls me Philip apart from my parents and my wife, it struck me even in the dream as quite strange,

Crikey - you haven't thought that maybe you were actually awake when you experienced this, and now you're asleep again, like the rest of us?

Peripart said:
Crikey - you haven't thought that maybe you were actually awake when you experienced this, and now you're asleep again, like the rest of us?

:shock: :shock:

I had a lucid dream similar to this a few years ago. When I say similar I mean that there was a seemingly external entity trying to pass on a message. With me it was, like you, a cowled figure. It told me I that although many had tried, non could go any further. However unlike you I didn't wake at all peacefully, but felt completely drained. I've since learned how to avoid lucid dreams as they leave me feeling completely wasted, as if I've had no sleep at all.

I had a lucid dream similar to this a few years ago. When I say similar I mean that there was a seemingly external entity trying to pass on a message. With me it was, like you, a cowled figure. It told me I that although many had tried, non could go any further. However unlike you I didn't wake at all peacefully, but felt completely drained. I've since learned how to avoid lucid dreams as they leave me feeling completely wasted, as if I've had no sleep at all.

I wonder why they are always cowled? In my dream when I was young there was a group and the leader told me I was not to marry the man to whom I was about to become engaged,but to another and they showed me a heart shaped birthmark on his arm.

Isis177 said:
I wonder why they are always cowled? In my dream when I was young there was a group and the leader told me I was not to marry the man to whom I was about to become engaged,but to another and they showed me a heart shaped birthmark on his arm.

...and then...

Don't leave us dangling! :lol:

I thought at the time it was just a strange dream and ignored it but every time we tried to enter a jewellery shop to get a ring it was like there was an invisible wall and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't pass through.
I couldn't explain why and my boyfriend went back to the country school where he was teaching during the week rather annoyed.
I felt a bit miserable so went out with my girlfriends to a dance and a chap came up when I was looking around and said " Here I am".
We went on a date and he had our whole lives mapped out but I explained that I had a boyfriend already so thought that was that.
However his parents contacted mine and said they wanted me to come to his sister's 21st and my parents talked me into it.
We started going out after that (I had worked out a way to be rid of my former boyfriend who had threatened suicide if I left him) but it wasn't till we were down at the beach months later that he took off his shirt that I saw the heart shaped birthmark on his arm.
I always felt that it was like an arranged marriage and we were together till he died.
Hope I haven't bored you with all this escargot.

Isis177 said:
I thought at the time it was just a strange dream and ignored it but every time we tried to enter a jewellery shop to get a ring it was like there was an invisible wall and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't pass through.
I couldn't explain why and my boyfriend went back to the country school where he was teaching during the week rather annoyed.
I felt a bit miserable so went out with my girlfriends to a dance and a chap came up when I was looking around and said " Here I am".
We went on a date and he had our whole lives mapped out but I explained that I had a boyfriend already so thought that was that.
However his parents contacted mine and said they wanted me to come to his sister's 21st and my parents talked me into it.
We started going out after that (I had worked out a way to be rid of my former boyfriend who had threatened suicide if I left him) but it wasn't till we were down at the beach months later that he took off his shirt that I saw the heart shaped birthmark on his arm.
I always felt that it was like an arranged marriage and we were together till he died.
Hope I haven't bored you with all this escargot.

Amazing! This is the kind of story that keeps me coming back to FT. Magical.

Yup, really lovely. 8)

Thank you.

When people tell me stories of their "destined love" or "soulmates", how "all the signs pointed to yes", I must admit to rolling my eyes a bit. You can bet those relationships won't last. People sometimes want things so badly that they'll see signs and portents where there aren't any. It's understandable, of course - I've fallen prey to this tendency as well, particularly when young and starry-eyed.

But Isis177, I must admit that my cynical old heart's been softened by your story. How can you deny that type of sign? It's to give you the goosebumps. I could never explain something like that except to concede that maybe, just maybe, some things are "meant to be". Thank you for sharing it!

Mouldy13 said:
I'm stood facing a figure dressed in a brown cowled outfit, he has very piercing pale blue eyes and he's saying to me, in a very urgent tone.

"Philip, you must understand, everything you perceive as reality is an illusion created by us. You do understand this don't you Philip? It is absolutely imperative that you understand this"

Which raises the question, why is it so important you understand it's an illusion? And why, exactly, have they created it? Sounds like the plot of a good horror book there...

Isis177 said:

I'll be honest, if this happened to me, I'd be hightailing it out the door. Meeting a stranger who by the first date has already planned our lives out, then when I say no gets his parents to get my parents to pressure me into going to a party with him? I'd be looking for the axe behind his back and expecting to find a head in the fridge...

This thread reminded me of two previous dreams of mine.

The first was when I was living in Durham. In the dream I entered the chapterhouse of the Cathedral there, and ascended a wooden staircase to a higher level, where I found myself standing in a gallery looking down on a room (not the Chapterhouse, I don't think), where a circle of cowled figures in grey stood. I don't remember anything being said by them or me.

The second, more recently, I encountered (in the dream!) Queen Elizabeth I, who said to me "seek as you would seek, there is only faith." Then the dream ended. A bit like the OP and others, it was the very particular and unusual wording that stuck in my head afterwards.

Back