• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Incredibly Complex Game/Hoax (Mayday Mystery)

bosskR

Thunder Lyger
Hi everyone,

I've been googling unsuccessfully for a web site about a very long-running and complex "game", which I'm sure some of you will have bookmarked. Here's what I remember:

• The "game" has been running for years and years via completely incomprehensible ads in a (campus? local?) paper, incorporating geometric figures, text in various languages, clippings, quotations, and general dada

• People have started snail-mailing the webmaster packages of "clues"

• The webmaster is also receiving (mostly incomprehensible) e-mail from people who purport to be behind it

• There is no rhyme or reason in any of the clues, no sign of an overarching structure to the "game", no notion even of what it would mean to "solve" it – in short, everything seems to point to the "game" being an (albeit learned) exercise is nonsense.

Anyone?

Reactions: lee
It's the May Day Mystery! Thank you!

very interesting indeed, i had no idea about this until i visited the forums today and spotted it,
i wonder what the sigificance of 1/16/91 is i can't think of much that happened on that day except something to do with the gulf war?

Back