Info wanted - Forteana in the North Broads

Stormkhan

Justified & Ancient
Having been, a while ago, on a cruiser holiday in the Norfolk Broads, me an' the mem'sahib are taking a cottage for the summer hols in the area. Peace, relaxation, drink ... you get the doo-dah.

Are there any good Fortean spots worth looking up in the Wroxham/Horning area? Any Forteans in the area willing to meet up, drinkie and discussion?

I've a couple of old "Ghosts of the Norfolk Broads" books and I'm willing to update!

rynner2

Great Old One
I've always wanted to go on the Broads -

Oops, American/British English, anyone? :D

Nearest I got was Great Yarmouth. (Geographically)

Stormkhan

Justified & Ancient
When we 'did' the cruising, we got to Yarmouth - t'missus had her hair done there!

You don't want to go back to Yarmouth - it's a tacky dump full of ragamuffins. I shouldn't think even Black Shuck would be seen dead there these days.

You might be interested in the EDP's rather tacky looking "Spooky Norfolk" subsite here:
http://www.edp24.co.uk/Content/Features ... efault.asp

There used to be a guy called Ghostly Dave Something-or Other who led guided ghost walks around Norwich - I'm not sure if they're still going though. I believe they were the kind of walks where impoverished art students with sheets over their heads popped out and said "Boo" every 10 minutes.

fluffle9

Abominable Snowman
I very nearly attempted suicide in great yarmouth on a weeklong holiday there in my teens. i think that sums up what a fantastic place i think it is.