• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Inside No. 9

Maybe that was the twist?

See what you mean. Compared with Paraskevidekatriaphobia though - easily the best of the recent trio of No. 9s and which had a clever double-twist that blindsided me, I thought Love Is A Stranger fell rather flat.
After 8 series, I guess it must be hard to maintain the standard.

A great twist would have been that
Vicky met another serial killer and they met up and had to fight it out.
:chuckle:

Or....

When she mentioned being a carer, I was half expecting it to go all Norman Batesy and, after trapping her hapless would-be suiters somewhere in her house, they discover a mummified mummy in a wheelchair.

We've just seen 3 By 3.
Techy laughed so hard I thought he'd have a conniption. :chuckle:

We've just seen 3 By 3.
Techy laughed so hard I thought he'd have a conniption. :chuckle:
Thoroughly enjoying this season of "Inside No. 9". Amazed at how Shearsmith & Pemberton keep up such a standard. I loved the conceit of "3 x 3" - I love quiz shows but will never watch them in quite the same way again. Kudos to Lee Mack for his work on that, and to the supporting cast too.

"Love is a Stranger" worked well for me. The clues were there, as has been noted, but with this show half the fun (at least) is getting wrongfooted by red herrings. Claire Rushbrook was fantastic as lovelorn Vicky.

I haven't seen all the episodes from previous seasons as yet, but on the strength of this year's bunch, I will be iplayering them all over the next few months.

:omg:

Have to say, I sympathise with Joe.

As soon as my wife saw the bath, she said
I bet that's concrete.
and I then said
Yeah - it's going to be scaphism
I do love it when we manage to guess the twist before the grand denouement!

I've been reading about the Inside prank.

Here's a page from January about the then-upcoming new episodes.
Inside No 9 goes on the buses...

The article has a photo of the actor Robin Askwith with the No 9 pair, done up as if for an On The Buses episode.
However, the episode was postponed and we had the quiz show instead.

Bastards. :chuckle:

Attachments

• Askwith and No 9 crew.jpeg
    Askwith and No 9 crew.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 14
Techy and I have only just caught up with Psychoville. What the actual? :omg:

This came about because I signed up for a free Britbox trial and didn't cancel it. Well, in the circumstances it was worth every penny.

say oops upside your head say oops upside your head
say oops upside your head say oops upside your head...

:chuckle:

-Production is underway on the final series of Inside No. 9. Series 9 will premiere on BBC Two in Spring 2024
-Guest stars across the six new episodes will include Siobhan Finneran, Adrian Scarborough, Mark Bonnar, Matthew Kelly, Eddie Marsan and Susan Wokoma
-Creators Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton say: "It has been the greatest privilege to have been allowed to make 55 wildly different episodes and we'll miss the yearly challenge of trying to entertain and surprise our audience"
https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/7700/inside-no-9-series-9/

Back