• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Inside No. 9

Ohhh. Ahhhh. Ohhhh. Oooooooooooh.
Aw fuck. Noooooooooo.
You just have to watch it really. This stuff defies description.

Warren Clarke?! Anyway, very funny episode, especially considering the subject matter, David Warner was on top form, but it fell apart with the final twist. Not to give too much away, but when horrors go for this angle it means the bigots and scapegoaters were entirely justified. Wish they wouldn't do that.

I thought it was really good. Witch pricking tools being hijacked as sex toys being a brilliant devil's wrinkle on an already grisly subject.

Loved it.

Warren Clarke?! Anyway, very funny episode, especially considering the subject matter, David Warner was on top form, but it fell apart with the final twist. Not to give too much away, but when horrors go for this angle it means the bigots and scapegoaters were entirely justified. Wish they wouldn't do that.

I take your point, but I think in this case it may have all been part of the joke. This series already seems to be swinging wildly between genres, and don't forget, the writers are serious TV & film aficionados. It wouldn't surprise me if they deliberately went for the cheesy, predictable angle.

Either that or they fell back on cliché to fill up the final minute. Considering how well they skewered the witch hunts in the previous 28, it was a shame they weren't satisfied with the perfectly fine first twist. It just reminded me of those "Witch returns to haunt her persecutors" movies that tell us it was perfectly reasonable to destroy them because they were evil after all. It is possible to do that effectively, the film ParaNorman was excellent in that regard, but this In9 episode stumbled at the finish for me.

All in all - I think it was the weakest of the season so far... let's see the next one - I hope they get back to quality again

Hey, tonight's was excellent all the way through, including the horrible punchline. We were back to "Hell is other people" territory once more, you'll never want to hear anyone's hard luck story ever again after watching that. But it was funny, bleak but funny.

I've only seen a couple of these & tonight's was full of black humour & some nice twists. A half hour flew by.

Seemed to me that Chloe's voice in the earlier calls was not the same as the final explanatory one. I'd have to see it again to be sure though.

I've only seen a couple of these & tonight's was full of black humour & some nice twists. A half hour flew by.

Seemed to me that Chloe's voice in the earlier calls was not the same as the final explanatory one. I'd have to see it again to be sure though.

I know it shouldn't be a surprise but I'm always impressed by the tight scripts and the excellent use of a tiny location to tell a good story.

Tonight's was painfully funny, like a half hour Alan Ayckbourn play. Surprised they didn't go the horror route for a change, but it was strong enough without it. The ambulance at the end was a very funny punchline.

Next week's is on Wednesday at ten, remember. Think it might be the last one in the series, too.

Flippin' brilliant. Very dark humour with some laugh out loud moments. They pack a lot into a half hour. A nod towards Abigail's Party, good performances all round & some great twists. If you haven't seen it you should.

Lovely last episode. Not as full-on as The Harrowing horror of the last series but very tight and very Fortean. Great series!

I didn't think it was quite as funny tonight, but I liked the Ghostwatch-style spoofing a lot and it's been a very strong series. That was the Sontaran bloke from Doctor Who as the short person, wasn't it?

Very good, a nice bit of misdirection, and a perfect ending.

I think the highlight of Series 2 has to be the 12 Days episode. Not only was it incredibly clever, it also proved they could make a corker without constant black humour.

Inside No 9 Christmas episode kicks off series 3, BBC 2, this Tuesday at ten. According to Reece Shearsmith, the less you know about the plots, the more you'll enjoy them, so I'm reading nothing!

Inside No 9 Christmas episode kicks off series 3, BBC 2, this Tuesday at ten. According to Reece Shearsmith, the less you know about the plots, the more you'll enjoy them, so I'm reading nothing!
Is that a full series? I thought it was just a Christmas special.

Yes!! It's back with a super fortean Krampus episode with the production values of Sapphire and Steel, the Stone Tape and Abigail's Party.

No spoilers here but I've been waiting for some quality TV over Xmas and this certainly delivered. Reece and Steve, if you're peeking... delightfully well done.

It was great, wasn't it? Apparently they used original 70s equipment to film it. The ending was lifted from a really awful 70s movie (which I won't name, obvs) that was notorious purely because of its "denouement", but it just shows you with a bit of imagination and wit, even that idea can be redeemed. Loved the little missed cues and mistakes! That's what's so good about those League of Gentlemen projects, they're real buffs for this material, it makes it so much more authentic.

According to the Feb issue of Empire, the upcoming episodes of Inside No.9 include -

The Bill. Four friends in a restaurant argue over who will pay the bill.
Private View. Some characters are invited to an art exhibition, none of them know why. Felicity Kendall, Fiona Shaw and Peter Kay. Involves mannequins.
Empty Orchestra. The literal meaning of 'karaoke' in Japanese.
The Riddle of The Sphinx. A dramatisation of the completion of a cryptic crossword. A cross between Sleuth and Educating Rita.
Diddle Dipple Dumpling. A man becomes obsessed with an abandoned shoe at the side of the road. With Keeley Hawes.

Thank God for the beautiful and wondrous Sheridan Smith, without whom I would not have found this thread...
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/featur...3-reece-shearsmith-steve-pemberton-interview/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_No._9

The new series starts on February 21, 10pm, BBC Two
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08ghptp

Not that I'm excited or nothing!

"Inside No. 9...the bestest TV ever, ever" Me, always, 1967-2017 (tempting fate, but so long as I get to the end of this series of Inside No. 9, I don't care!)

Great little story on a budget, tonight, proof of how excellent writing can be as good as any high production values. I guessed the twist about 30 seconds before it hit, then there was another twist that caught me off guard. Clever boys. One-set wonder!

Hard to top the styling and shock of the Krampus Christmas episode but as usual, this was a tight, concise exercise in excellent scripting, characterisation and misdirection. Inside No.9 rarely disappoints.

I guessed the twist about 30 seconds before it hit, then there was another twist that caught me off guard.

That second twist caught me so off guard I didn't get it at all. Anyone adept in the use of spoiler tags care to explain?
Still enjoyed the show though.

Back