• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Inside No. 9

That was compelling... and in the end reminded me of...

A murderous version of Pixar's Inside Out!

Yes! That was excellent, but very sad, as so many of them are. They do pathos so well.

I agree, it never struck me before last night's, but there's an element of Alan Bennett's writing in their fiction and humour. I mean that as a compliment.

Yes, proper horror story to end on! And it's been recommissioned! Tonight's totally reminded me of...

...the first five minutes of Twilight Zone: The Movie.

Which is a good thing, because that's a great five minutes.

God loved it and as some said before even the not so great pr predictable ones are still miles better then the lot of crap on TV.

I wonder if they should take over from Mark Gatiss for the Christmas Ghost stories ?

I dunno, because their dramas are often very cruel indeed. I can think of at least two that're downright brutal. They'd have to tone that down to fit in with the Christmas Ghost stories format.

I dunno, because their dramas are often very cruel indeed. I can think of at least two that're downright brutal. They'd have to tone that down to fit in with the Christmas Ghost stories format.
Which ones were brutal as I can't think off top of my head.

Last night's seems to be getting a mixed reaction online, but what doesn't these days? I thought it was hilarious, an avalanche of corny jokes mixed with heist movie nastiness for an edge, but artificial so it was not offputting. Didn't recognise Kevin Bishop and Paterson Joseph for obvious reasons. Can recommend the podcast too, if you want to know what they were getting at.

Last night's seems to be getting a mixed reaction online, but what doesn't these days? I thought it was hilarious, an avalanche of corny jokes mixed with heist movie nastiness for an edge, but artificial so it was not offputting. Didn't recognise Kevin Bishop and Paterson Joseph for obvious reasons. Can recommend the podcast too, if you want to know what they were getting at.
I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I hated it, from some of the references to the masks. But then again I hated A Quiet Night In and Zanzibar. I have read some really snobby comments online that are mocking those who didn't get it. But if we all like the same thing the world would be a very boring place!

Oh, jeez, I hope I'm not being snobby, I suppose it's the commedia dell'arte spoofing that attracts that comment. Once a drama student...

Oh, jeez, I hope I'm not being snobby, I suppose it's the commedia dell'arte spoofing that attracts that comment. Once a drama student...
Oh no, not you! I did wonder if I should have written that ... the snobby comments are on other forums...

Oh no, not you! I did wonder if I should have written that ... the snobby comments are on other forums...

Don't worry about it, you know what they say about opinions! Anyway, I did start it by pointing out the online comments...

Missus hated it but I loved it and the only 9's I didn't like was the last Halloween one as I found it was just too much but I should watch that one again.
Welcome Back No 9 :)

I thought it was incredibly corny and loved every minute of it!

Ah, topical this week! Also risky for creators of long running, popular TV shows to be making those jokes. Haven't listened to the podcast, a bit scared to!

Thoroughly enjoyed the most recent episode (although I did see both the first and second twists coming!)

And I can’t be the only viewer who fancies watching an episode of ‘The Ninth Circle’.

It’s excellent writing. They have just half an hour to establish characters, their history, the setup you go along with and then a twist at the end.
There are entire series (I’m looking at ITV’s never ending ‘Slightly Confused Woman in Danger‘ here) that can’t pull that off in 6 hours.

We've just seen the Ninth Circle one. I spotted the twists right away which is unusual for me. :chuckle:

Kept hearing the first few bars of Kraftwerk's The Model in the background, what that about then?

Back