• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Inside No. 9

Well I was totally convinced the son was
a young Reece
. Couldnt really have been more wrong it transpired! What a fantastic representation of parent/teenager relationships that was. Nice to see Jessica Hynes in a serious part, she really did it justice.

Jessica was great, wasn't she? Totally didn't see that ending coming. They said on the podcast they were wary of turning it into a Black Mirror episode, but I think they got away with it. They succeeded in the painful domestic stuff, and threw in a bit of No9 craziness with it.

So I have now got an Inside No. 9 hare… image.jpg

The Bones of St. Nicholas

A near perfect Inside No 9.

Christmas, an old church, Simon Callow telling a ghost story by a Christmas tree with the champing* guests each taking a glass of sherry. Pathos and humour combined with something very disturbing, and a wonderful reveal.

This episode will stand up to repeated watchings, and can easily become a classic Christmas ghost story. M. R. James would be pleased, if not a little shocked, with this one.

*church camping - actually real, though for me very much a not on your nelly am I sleeping in an ancient church!

The Bones of St. Nicholas

A near perfect Inside No 9.

Christmas, an old church, Simon Callow telling a ghost story by a Christmas tree with the champing* guests each taking a glass of sherry. Pathos and humour combined with something very disturbing, and a wonderful reveal.

This episode will stand up to repeated watchings, and can easily become a classic Christmas ghost story. M. R. James would be pleased, if not a little shocked, with this one.

*church camping - actually real, though for me very much a not on your nelly am I sleeping in an ancient church!
Looking forward to this tonight with a glass of port.

^^^ That sounds like a plan, I like a glass or two of port during the festive season. Looking forward to BBC 2 at 10pm tonight too for Count Magnus.

^^^ That sounds like a plan, I like a glass or two of port during the festive season. Looking forward to BBC 2 at 10pm tonight too for Count Magnus.
Ohh didn't know about that so thank you for the heads up :)

Wait, when???Was planning on a long bubble soak this evening. I feel pressured into opening the port now.

Sadly, I've run out of Port.

Double whammy for me ;(
I caught up in the past few years on YouTube a ITV sChildren show called Dramarama which I used to love watching alongside Grange Hill but I think some of the writers these days need to watch them....alll fur coats and no knickers.

Double whammy for me ;(
I caught up in the past few years on YouTube a ITV sChildren show called Dramarama which I used to love watching alongside Grange Hill but I think some of the writers these days need to watch them....alll fur coats and no knickers.
I recall a few of these, one about a boy who made aquaintance with a girl from either the future or an alien world living in his cellar/basement.
Another about a small boy beside a river, fishing, made an otherworldly friend?
So many lost to time, as always.
I would also recommend the 'Children's Film Unit'.

I recall a few of these, one about a boy who made aquaintance with a girl from either the future or an alien world living in his cellar/basement.
Another about a small boy beside a river, fishing, made an otherworldly friend?
So many lost to time, as always.
I would also recommend the 'Children's Film Unit'.
This 1 got me.

Underwhelmed by both the Count Magnus & Bones of St Nicholas. I’m probably just jaded.
No I was waiting for both endings to be great but not....Inside N9 are great like
Underwhelmed by both the Count Magnus & Bones of St Nicholas. I’m probably just jaded.
Inside NO.9 are normally great ...maybe a few are ok but tonight and like the Halloween special was poor and trying to be clever and fell flat on it's face but I'm still a fan of them.

Inside No 9: Dead Line is available on Amazon Prime...complete with the BBC continuity announcement at the start

Enjoy?
It's on BBC iPlayer too.
Don't know how I missed it first time around, but just watched it tonight.
Probably the most unsettling Inside No 9 ever (and that's saying something!).

Last edited:
Must admit I didn't think much of Mother's Ruin, but Paraskevidekatriaphobia was a classic, with a couple of twists I didn't see coming!

Love Is A Stranger - watched it alone, which was lucky because I guessed the twist in the first minute from the radio news.

Wouldn't want to blurt it out and spoil the episode for poor Techy. :chuckle:

Good fun though.

Back