• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
If I remember KODAK ELECTRONIC IMAGING PAPER was a thermal printing paper which used heat to transfer colours from ribbons to the paper. Probably around in the late 80s early 90s.
There's a flash line of green or a 'bleed' on the print that you can see in the video .. I was assuming this was a light leak of some kind during the developing process because I've seen that before in darkroom development stages accidents .. could a heat to transfer colours from ribbons to the paper method be the cause of this I wonder if someone's using a colour friendly paper to produce a black and white print?

edit: I bought the book shown in this video from a local charity shop ('Strands' in Cromer) for 25p, I haven't included it for any dramatic theatrical reasons, the photograph was just slotted inside this paperback ..

Last edited:
The green line might be caused by damage to either the print or the ribbon. The sepia tint to the photo suggests to me that it may have started out as a black and white print and then copied onto colour paper without any colour correction.

There's a flash line of green or a 'bleed' on the print that you can see in the video .. I was assuming this was a light leak of some kind during the developing process because I've seen that before in darkroom development stages accidents .. could a heat to transfer colours from ribbons to the paper method be the cause of this I wonder if someone's using a colour friendly paper to produce a black and white print?

edit: I bought the book shown in this video from a local charity shop ('Strands' in Cromer) for 25p, I haven't included it for any dramatic theatrical reasons, the photograph was just slotted inside this paperback ..

Just stumbled onto this thread and I'm fascinated by this photograph - did anything come of your investigations of it?

Just stumbled onto this thread and I'm fascinated by this photograph - did anything come of your investigations of it?
Not a lot unfortunately, I started a thread on it at metabunk.org and it wasn't laughed off the forum. IMO, the webmaster convincingly identified it as an artefact from a specific aperture and provided almost identical examples of the effect ..

Blickling Hall Lake UFO | Metabunk

IMO, the webmaster convincingly identified it as an artefact from a specific aperture and provided almost identical examples of the effect ..
I think... not sure because it was, 'a long time ago!', I might have had a related article published in UFO Magazine.

Back then, there were a number of 'UFO videos' which could definitely be shown as camcorder(!) artefacts when zooming into a bright light seen in the sky.

If I recall, this was particularly so of Panasonic and their zoom lens feature, which would result in a large, glowing, diamond shaped 'object'.

I'm certain one of these images made front page news as, 'best proof ever'. I don't believe it received widespread publicly and the Scottish, 'Daily Record' comes to mind.

That was a commendable next move - definitely worth following up!

What a weird find though... :evillaugh:
Ta, I know they like to debunk stuff and I'm not precious about the photo so it was good of them to give it their consideration. The site's owner was very helpful but has a method of posting that he prefers everyone uses there and, to be honest, even though the site owner Mick West sent me a friendly pm, I still couldn't wrap my head around his (undoubtedly thorough) methods so I decided it was best not to post there too often. Providing reference links, photos and pics there have to be done in a certain way and I didn't want to annoy him! ..

It goes well with my still alive slime mould and my Cromer Jesus stone that got in the local papers so my cabinet of curiosities is starting to grow :) .. when I took the photo and book back to the charity shop I'd bought it from to see if they could remember who'd donated it, they couldn't but the woman running the shop tried to be a bit crafty and put the photo behind the counter as if she was intending to keep it so I had to ask for it back! ..

... I'm not precious about the photo...
I ran a comparison through the Google Lens app and it came up with the following.

I only mention this because we do occasionally enjoy a smile on our Forteana forums.

Screenshot_20201217_000505_resize_72.jpg

Not a lot unfortunately, I started a thread on it at metabunk.org and it wasn't laughed off the forum. IMO, the webmaster convincingly identified it as an artefact from a specific aperture and provided almost identical examples of the effect ..

Blickling Hall Lake UFO | Metabunk

That was a good idea to post it on that forum; I've only got as far as reading some of the posts on there tonight but it's certainly prompted an interesting discussion. I'll bookmark that to finish reading when I have more time.

I still think it's a cool photo whatever the explanation :)

Back