• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

International Fortean Organization

rliebeck

Fresh Blood
Does anyone know what happened to INFO? I know that they ended their journal and stopped accepting new memberships & renewals quite a while ago, but kept running occasional (if not effectively publicized) FortFest conferences. I noticed that their badly-outdated website has recently gone off-line. Is the organization now basically defunct?

Does anyone know what happened to INFO? I know that they ended their journal and stopped accepting new memberships & renewals quite a while ago, but kept running occasional (if not effectively publicized) FortFest conferences. I noticed that their badly-outdated website has recently gone off-line. Is the organization now basically defunct?

I don't use it myself but Facebook looks fairly active.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/cate...al-Fortean-Organization-INFO-113904065289814/

Actually, the Facebook page seems pretty dead too. It's a shame, as they were the oldest surviving membership-based Fortean organization out there. With the demise of SITU, the Fortean Research Center, the NY Fortean Society, etc., (and with the Charles Fort Institute never really having gotten off the ground, with the important exception of hosting this forum), INFO was for a long time the keeper of the flame. Hopefully there will be a future resurgence.

Last edited:
and with the Charles Fort Institute never really having gotten off the ground,
Technically true ... but we were and still are sort of underground. It was and still is still alive in some of our minds, or rather the minds of some of us ... enough, at least, to help the recent salvage and migration.

Technically true ... but we were and still are sort of underground. It was and still is still alive in some of our minds, or rather the minds of some of us ... enough, at least, to help the recent salvage and migration.

Hear hear!!!!!!

:group:

Back