• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Iran Calls Natanz Atomic Site Blackout ‘Nuclear Terrorism’

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Iran on Sunday described a blackout at its underground Natanz atomic facility an act of “nuclear terrorism,” raising regional tensions as world powers and Tehran continue to negotiate over its tattered nuclear deal.

800px-Natanz_nuclear.jpg

While there was no immediate claim of responsibility, suspicion fell immediately on Israel, where its media nearly uniformly reported a devastating cyberattack orchestrated by the country caused the blackout.

Details remained few about what happened early Sunday morning at the facility, which initially was described as a blackout caused by the electrical grid feeding its above-ground workshops and underground enrichment halls.

Ali Akbar Salehi, the American-educated head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, ...pledged to “seriously improve” his nation’s nuclear technology while working to lift international sanctions.

Salehi’s comments to state TV did not explain what happened at the facility, but his words suggested a serious disruption.

https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-iran-358384f03b1ef6b65f4264bf9a59a458

For another thread on a parallel theory, see "U.S. Sizing Up Iran?", which includes details of the ingenious Stuxnet attack on the Natanz facility.

maxmus otter

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I'm not seeing the conspiracy element here.

Israel has stated openly that it will intervene in any way it can to prevent Iran from obtaining viable nuclear capability.
It has carried out air strikes previously on both Syrian and Iraqi sites suspected of nuclear activities, as well as the famous cyber attacks on Iranian efforts in Naetanz and elsewhere.

So, what is the conspiracy?

The forum in which it is posted - sort of lends a certain expectation. :)

Sorry, I got you- yes!

I don't think Otter considers it a conspiracy...Otter man! - Why did you put it in here? :p

A reading of the full article at the link provided may assist.

maximus otter

A reading of the full article at the link provided may assist.

maximus otter

Yeah, did that and still, don't see the conspiracy.
This follows a very established pattern and even though Israel has not claimed responsibility, one would be foolish to attribute it otherwise.

I agree it is an utterly fascinating situation, and one that I have followed since the Syrian air strike by Israel in 2007, but I am not sure it qualifies as a conspiracy, as such.

Edit to add: I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I'm just wondering if I'm missing something. Genuinely fascinated by the topic, with much respect for the OP.

Last edited:
Yeah, did that and still, don't see the conspiracy.
This follows a very established pattern and even though Israel has not claimed responsibility, one would be foolish to attribute it otherwise.

I agree it is an utterly fascinating situation, and one that I have followed since the Syrian air strike by Israel in 2007, but I am not sure it qualifies as a conspiracy, as such.

Edit to add: I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I'm just wondering if I'm missing something. Genuinely fascinated by the topic, with much respect for the OP.
Agreed this is the opposite of conspiracy. Israel announced its plans for Iran's nuclear program and has been methodical in its actions. I also remember the couple of missiles landing in Tel Aviv in the 1980's - the first time this had happened although the opponents had had the technology for some time - and thinking - they really didn't want to do that. Which proved accurate.

I find it amazing that a nuclear facility can be hacked into from another country.
Perhaps it was an inside job?

Whilst the Israelis need no special occasion to have done this, the timing hints it is related to

this

"Iran National Nuclear Deal"

https://www.voanews.com/middle-east...-centrifuges-marking-its-national-nuclear-day

and this

"China - Iran Strategic Co-Operation Deal"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-56574336

Reminds me of this film

download.jpg

This 2008 book (and others by the same author) well worth reading for more on the ongoing war of Israel + UK + USA vs Iran

s-l300.jpg

Last edited:
Not biased but Israel would be in a real pickle if Iran - Iraq or any terrorist organization even got enough to make a dirty bomb (no explosion just exposure to toxic nuclear material). As for religion well I won't touch that one.

Not biased but Israel would be in a real pickle if Iran - Iraq or any terrorist organization even got enough to make a dirty bomb (no explosion just exposure to toxic nuclear material). As for religion well I won't touch that one.

With a Dirty Bomb it couldn't be done though without causing significant Palestinian casualties as well. To solely target the IDF a low yield tactical nuke would be required.

The problem is any country attacking Israel with any sort of nuclear device, knows that Israel wouldnt even think twice about launching one of their nukes (that they dont officially have) at whoever targeted them, they have proved again and again that if someone throws a stone, they get a grenade back in return.

With a Dirty Bomb it couldn't be done though without causing significant Palestinian casualties as well. To solely target the IDF a low yield tactical nuke would be required.
True Ramon but I'm not sure these types always use strong reasoning- logic towards theirs - others civilian populations.

True.

But it gets complicated if one of Israel's foes attacks Jerusalem; any damage to the two major mosques there would not be taken lightly by the Sunni Gulf Arab states.
None of the Arab states has shown any permanent interest in the Palestinian people except as a political pawn. The Iranian point of view would be that any Palestinian civilians killed in an attack on Israel are martyrs. They certainly would/should be concerned about the Saudi reaction to damage to religious sites however.

Back