• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Iron Sky

I caught this last night. I thought it was huge fun and it was great to see the Palin President soaking up the Nazi platitudes.

Tight little movie doing a lot with a small budget.

Totally agree with the above comment, I thought this was great. It reminded me a lot of the cult sci-fi TV show Lexx, same sense of humour and sense of melancholy with it. They did wonders with the budget, highly recommended to fans of Euro-oddities.

I thought this would be awful but it wasn't, it is a really funny film and it constantly makes you think all the time you are watching it, wondering about hidden meanings, and 'should I be laughing at this bit?. It is definitely worth watching.

I loved the original and the sequel's trailer looks great! They resurrected Udo Kier! That punchline - I laughed! Hope the world's still around in February to enjoy it.

I liked the original, and i will be watching this one, looks ok

Should anyone be intersested I see this (Iron Sky:The Coming Race) is now out on DVD etc....

Wm.

I've seen the sequel now, it's fine but you can tell it was supposed to be released five years ago... times have moved on.

Well I am no longer watching the sequel at the weekend. Already watched it:)

I suspect if you liked the first one you will like this one too. It takes place 30 years after the end of the first movie and follows the last humans alive as they return to the earth. There are plenty of little lines to make Forteans nod sagely. The effects I would say were better than the first film. I thought the 5.1 mix was great. And broadly speaking there is no piece of scenery that goes unchewed. It doesn't outstay its welcome being a relatively short film. Its never going to win an Oscar but an enjoyable enough diversion.

It may be funny to hear Adolf Hitler riding a T-rex to proclaim, "Seig Heil, motherfuckers!", but the far right is on the rise in real life, and the whole "Nazis are cool villains" trope is getting uncomfortable for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the original, but that was at the start of the decade. Mind you, the last shot of this sequel is great!

It may be funny to hear Adolf Hitler riding a T-rex to proclaim, "Seig Heil, motherfuckers!", but the far right is on the rise in real life, and the whole "Nazis are cool villains" trope is getting uncomfortable for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the original, but that was at the start of the decade. Mind you, the last shot of this sequel is great!
There is a lot less Nazi stuff in this one.

And it does have a reptilian Margaret Thatcher in a triceratops chariot race. So, yay?

Thanks for the redirect Gordon and apologies for derailing WTF thread. Still sounds cool, def gonna watch this soon

Just watched Iron Sky: The Coming Race on DVD.
Lots of fun! And some good lines. However... they did somewhat miss a trick with not giving any great lines to Tom Green.
Overall, it wasn't bad - and it was pretty wacky too, TBH.
I give it a 7 out of 10.

Weird to see Tom Green playing his role so straight, I agree, he must have calmed down considerably since the 90s.

I just seen it in ASDA for £7, may get it next time i go in

Back