• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Is Elvis Still Alive?

And here is his dad
1591819717614.jpeg

I may be one of the few people here (maybe the only one) who has actually seen Elvis in person, alive & breathing. In January 1977, I was in Las Vegas for 3 nights with my father. I was 11 years old.
Our condominium overlooked the rear entrance to the original Las Vegas Hilton. In December '76 Elvis had played a couple of weeks there and was still in residence, although still touring around the country doing occasional dates.
We were told by our concierge that at each evening at 6 p.m, his entourage of limousines would pull up at the rear, he would exit with his group of hangers on and they would all head on up to his suite. And indeed they did.
That's my story, no more, no less. I saw him briefly from a balcony, across a car park a couple of hundred metres away. BUT I SAW HIM!!!

Last edited:
Ok folks, be worried. According to the Facebook page Evidence Elvis Presley is alive he is currently ill. They’re asking for thoughts and prayers to see him through this.

Yes, he went to his doctor.
Elvis "Well bless my soul, what's wrong with me? I'm itching like a man on a fuzzy tree, my friends say I'm acting as wild as a bug..."
Doctor "Any other symptoms?"
Elvis "Well my hands are shaky and my knees are week, I can't seem to stand on my own two feet."
Doctor "Have you been under any particular stress, or having any anxiety problems recently?"
Elvis "Well, please don't ask me what's on my mind, I'm little mixed up, but I feel fine."
Doctor "Sounds to my like you're in love and you're all shook up."
Elvis "Thanks doc. But shouldn't it be 'shaken up'?"

As a life long rock and roll fan, I can honestly say I've never understood the Elvis thing. In the Sun years, he made a handful of rock and roll/rockabilly tracks that were as good as anything else that was out at the time. He was a charismatic performer with a great voice, but he was a "presenter" rather than a "producer": he never wrote a song.

Then Elvis became a superstar, not because he was substantially better than the many other greats of the time, but because he was exceedingly well marketed. The other members of the Million Dollar Quartet (Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis) were right up there with him in terms of talent, as were other less well remembered names such as Eddie Cochran, Buddy Holly, Gene Vincent, Glen Glenn, Sonny Burgess... I could go on — and frequently do.

Then he spent his declining years in a "sparkly jumpsuit", a sad parody of himself, performing any old song they gave him, but still somehow retaining the "credibility" of his early rock and roll years.

There was a singer, Orion (died 1998) who had a voice that was almost indistinguishable from Elvis's. He modelled his appearance and performance on Elvis, except that he wore a sparkly Lone Ranger style mask. His promoters played on the "Orion is Elvis in disguise" rumours.

Tell you what: if it was a disguise, it was the boldest double bluff ever. "I know, I'll look, sound and behave exactly like myself, but I'll wear a sparkly mask around my eyes. No one will suspect."

Elvis is possibly the most impersonated person in history, and almost all impersonators mimic his "jumpsuit era" because it is instantly recognisable — like putting on a mackintosh and a beret instantly makes you Frank Spencer, or wearing a fez immediately signals that you are being Tommy Cooper. (More recent examples are available for our younger readers!)

I used to go to rock and roll clubs in Nottingham, England, in the late 1970s. Almost everyone there was in some variant of a Teddy Boy suit or "50s" garb. However, there was one old bloke who turned up every week in a white overall — the sort of thing a painter and decorator might wear — with aluminium milk bottle tops stitched onto it in lieu of sequins. He wore a quiff-and-sideburns wig and sat there glumly all evening until an Elvis track was played then he got up and wiggled about a bit with a brooding expression.

Weirdly I've sold a huge amount of Elvis records in the last couple of weeks, stock that has been sitting around for years with no hint of interest.

The bottom dropped-out of the Presley market a few years back as most of his big-time fans have... erm... followed Elvis.

But it's suddenly all shifting again. Maybe he is alive and is rekindling his old vinyl habits?

There does seem to have been a resurgence in Elvis interest, documentaries, his films being reissued, he's being discussed. There was supposed to be a rerelease of one of his concert movies a couple of months ago, but the virus postponed it. Could be these things go in waves, ebb and flow, when you're famous enough.

The guy on the right looks a bit young, 60-ish, to be Elvis' age if he'd lived.

Weirdly I've sold a huge amount of Elvis records in the last couple of weeks, stock that has been sitting around for years with no hint of interest.

The bottom dropped-out of the Presley market a few years back as most of his big-time fans have... erm... followed Elvis.

But it's suddenly all shifting again. Maybe he is alive and is rekindling his old vinyl habits?
Might be bored youngsters discovering Elvis. Nothing else to do in the lockdown.

Might be bored youngsters discovering Elvis. Nothing else to do in the lockdown.

They won't be bored for long if they've discovered the King of Rock 'n' Roll! Thankyouverymuch. Or was that Andy Kaufman?

The whole Elvis alive scene is very complex with hidden twins and two pastors at the church where they claim Elvis works, Bob Joyce and Robert Joyce. Bob is 84 and Robert 66.

They won't be bored for long if they've discovered the King of Rock 'n' Roll! Thankyouverymuch. Or was that Andy Kaufman?
Perhaps Andy and Elvis are hiding out on the same island?

A bit off topic, but I watched an interesting documentary about "Orion" a few years back. I recall when some of his singing hit the internet, by way of people thinking it was The Big E. The similarity in the voice seemed uncanny. Turns out the story is pretty interesting. The guy couldn't get a break in the music biz because he just sounded like a guy imitating Elvis. Then, after Elvis died, some devil offered him one of those terrible bargains that would be hard to pass up.

The really weird part is it looks like there is a slim chance he was actually Elvis's half brother! Some DNA testing could shed light. Both guys are dead, but each had a child, who would be cousins if ol' Vernon was the father of the guy known as Orion. Wouldn't that be somethin'.

Jimmy Ellis came to a tragic end. Here's the site for the movie.
http://www.orionthemovie.com/

This is almost a Fortean subject in its own right: how the USA fought the most powerful monarchy in the world to gain their freedom so they could become the greatest democratic republic in the world — only so that they could randomly appoint more kings than you could shake a stick at.

There are half a dozen kings of the blues, and there are more claims for the title of "true king of rock and roll" than there were kingdoms in Saxon England!

Elvis is widely seen as "The King" because his promoters got onto that title early, used it relentlessly, and more or less own the copyright. I'm going to take a sidestep and say the real king was Sam Phillips, without whom, etc.

People seem to like having kings. The jazz people take it a step further with King Oliver, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, and the little known clarinet maestro, Baronet Blenkinsop. (I made one of those up.)

Wasn't there a story of Jerry Lee Lewis in the audience at a show where the MC announced Elvis as "The King of Rock 'n' Roll", whereupon Jerry stood up, roared "I'M THE KING OF ROCK 'N' ROLL!!!" and stormed the stage, commandeering the piano and playing his songs, thereby causing a riot in the auditorium? Something like that.

This is almost a Fortean subject in its own right: how the USA fought the most powerful monarchy in the world to gain their freedom so they could become the greatest democratic republic in the world — only so that they could randomly appoint more kings than you could shake a stick at.

There are half a dozen kings of the blues, and there are more claims for the title of "true king of rock and roll" than there were kingdoms in Saxon England!

Elvis is widely seen as "The King" because his promoters got onto that title early, used it relentlessly, and more or less own the copyright. I'm going to take a sidestep and say the real king was Sam Phillips, without whom, etc.

People seem to like having kings. The jazz people take it a step further with King Oliver, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, and the little known clarinet maestro, Baronet Blenkinsop. (I made one of those up.)
Also, Prince, Queen Latifah...

Wasn't there a story of Jerry Lee Lewis in the audience at a show where the MC announced Elvis as "The King of Rock 'n' Roll", whereupon Jerry stood up, roared "I'M THE KING OF ROCK 'N' ROLL!!!" and stormed the stage, commandeering the piano and playing his songs, thereby causing a riot in the auditorium? Something like that.
I haven't heard that one. However, he did famously ignore the rules the one time he played at the Grand Ole Opry (in 1973).

Performers get 8 minutes maximum and are required to play country. Jerry Lee Lewis refused to leave the stage, and did 40 minutes including his best known rock n roll hits and the crowd went wild. At the end of the performance, he announced himself to be a “rock ‘n’ rollin’, country and western, rhythm and blues singin’ son-of-a-bitch!”

He saw it as his revenge for having been snubbed by the Nashville establishment years before.

JLL no doubt saw himself as the greatest. Listen to any live recording of Jerry Lee Lewis, or even some of his studio recordings, and he nearly always refers to himself in the third person. Like Little Richard, he had a penchant for self-mythologising.

Jerry Lee Lewis was friends with Elvis, but there was an occasion when he turned up at Gracelands drunk and with a gun. He was arrested on suspicion of intending to shoot Elvis. His explanation was that Elvis had rung him saying he needed to see him urgently. JLL had set off straight away despite being drunk, and had simply forgotten the gun was in the car. Unfortunately, Elvis was so drugged up that he forgot that he had asked JLL to come over.

It's possible that the story you remember is a conflation of ideas from these two documented incidents.

Jerry Lee Lewis was friends with Elvis, but there was an occasion when he turned up at Gracelands drunk and with a gun. He was arrested on suspicion of intending to shoot Elvis. His explanation was that Elvis had rung him saying he needed to see him urgently. JLL had set off straight away despite being drunk, and had simply forgotten the gun was in the car. Unfortunately, Elvis was so drugged up that he forgot that he had asked JLL to come over. ...

That may or may not be the incident comedian Kip Addotta described in his autobiography Confessions of a Comedian.

Addotta-Elvis.jpg
SOURCE: https://books.google.com/books?id=4...ge&q="jerry lee lewis" "I'm the king"&f=false

Written in 2001:
I heard the same on a Discovery Channel advert (I think). It went somewhere along the lines of: "If the number of Elvis impersonators keeps growing at the current rate, then they will have taken over the world by 2020". Explains the sightings then. :p
Well, there is still six months to go. Maybe by December?

According to another bit of Elvis-related legend the Addotta story wasn't the only time Jerry Lee decided to prosecute his claim to rock kingship using a Colt .45 ...

THE King was in his counting house, or if not necessarily in his counting house, then in his luxury penthouse, holding court at the Las Vegas Hilton. It was the late 1960s, unwinding after another hysterical show, and Elvis was in his pomp.

Tom Jones was there, too, and so was Charles Mather (about whom we shall hear more very shortly.) The phone rang. “Sure, come on up,” said Elvis and two minutes later opened the door to a clearly inebriated Jerry Lee Lewis. The gun in his hand pointed straight at Presley.

“It’s just so you don’t forget that I’M the king of rock and roll,” said Lewis.

“Jerry,” said Elvis, “when you’re holding a Colt 45, you’re king of anything you want to be.”

Lewis threw the gun to the floor and walked away. Mather picked it up and discovered to his considerable consternation that it was loaded.
“I nearly wet myself, my life flashed in front of me,” he later recalled. ...

SOURCE: https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/o...ng-dead-long-dead-might-not-even-lasted-long/

Latest PROOF that Elvis is alive.

Some photos comparing damage on the thumb of Elvis and a similar injury on the thumb of Pastor Bob Joyce, who some claim is Elvis.

CC471A98-7B7C-42CF-8BD2-5DEBBB55F7CF.jpeg

Now just ignore the fact this sort of injury normally disappears after a few weeks / months and also the fact they are on opposite hands and if you ignore those things then it is definite proof. :rofl:

Some photos comparing damage on the thumb of Elvis and a similar injury on the thumb of Pastor Bob Joyce, who some claim is Elvis.

View attachment 38866

Now just ignore the fact this sort of injury normally disappears after a few weeks / months and also the fact they are on opposite hands and if you ignore those things then it is definite proof. :rofl:
Guess my Dad must have been Elvis. He always had a fingernail like that, as a result of a woodworking injury (bashed it with a hammer or something).

Well thank you very much !

The medical examiner listed Elvis’s death as a heat attack at age 42.

Rumors claimed because he was a drug junkie, his G I track just froze and his poop killed him struggling on the toilet.

Elvis is dead by hard poop impaction causing a heart attack.

Eat your prunes.

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 38866

He works down the chip shop

Back