• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Roswell Incident [1947]

Hmm- strange that this super metal then flew to bits when the 'UFO' crashed (and apparently not at very high velocity)...

Sounds like another tall story to me...

anome said:
What's so new about amorphous metal? It's been used in security tags for years.

It's also been used in the magnetic coils inside headphones.

Various companies have been marketing golf clubs made out of this material for a few years.

Some of the traits are exaggerated in that article though. It's a wonderful material, but hardly so strong a piece as thick as tinfoil could stop a bullet.

Nasa have metal that is self repairing that they have been using for while now

Whats wrong with good old titanium, eh?

(It also makes corking jewelry)

This stuff's even better than Titanium, apparently.

Murders At Newsman's Roswell Ranch

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/WorldNewsTonight/donaldson_ranch_040707.html
Gruesome Discovery
Teen Arrested After Three Bodies Found at Sam Donaldson’s Ranch

July 7, 2004— The bodies of a ranch foreman, his wife and her daughter were discovered on a New Mexico ranch owned by ABC newsman Sam Donaldson, and the man's 14-year-old son was later arrested, authorities said.

The bodies of Delbert "Paul" Posey, his wife Tryone Posey and her daughter Maralea Schmid were found Tuesday on Donaldson's remote ranch north of Hondo, the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department said.

Sheriff Tom Sullivan said investigators arrested the teenager, Cody Posey, at a friend's house. He was being held under a state youthful offender law on three open counts of murder and four counts of evidence tampering. The boy was expected to appear in court Thursday.

Donaldson and his wife cooperated in the investigation and were never considered suspects, Sullivan said.

"Jan and I are so very, very sorry about the loss of these fine people," Donaldson said in a statement. "We hired Paul Posey as our foreman on October 1, 2001. He and Tryone — and for that matter, the two youngsters — worked as a team in an effort to make our ranch a successful operation."

Donaldson called the sheriff's department at 5 p.m. Tuesday after he went to Posey's house and found an "obvious crime scene," Sullivan said. Sheriff's deputies sent to the ranch searched the area and found the bodies in a shallow grave, he said.

"Paul was a hard worker, familiar with all aspects of a livestock operation, honest and a person who cared about moral and ethical values," Donaldson added. "Tryone was equally honest, hard-working and a joy to be around. Our hearts and prayers go out to the family and friends of this family."

Donaldson's ranch is in the south-central part of the state, between Roswell and Ruidoso. He is a native of El Paso, Texas, and his father bought farmland in New Mexico in 1910. Donaldson has added to the property over the years.

Donaldson joined ABC News in 1967 and covered the administrations of presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan as chief White House correspondent. He also was the anchor of World News Sunday and hosted news programs including This Week and Primetime Live.

Roswell reopened?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/08/16/MNGAK88OQQ1.DTL
Ten years after the U.S. Air Force closed its books on the claim that a UFO crashed in Roswell, N.M., in 1947, a top Democratic Party figure wants to reopen the investigation into the cosmic legend.

Despite denials by federal officials, many UFO buffs cherish the notion that in early summer of 1947, a flying saucer crashed in rural Roswell, scattering alien bodies and saucer debris across the terrain.

Now Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico, who chaired the recent Democratic convention in Boston, says in his foreword to a new book that "the mystery surrounding this crash has never been adequately explained -- not by independent investigators, and not by the U.S. government. ... There are as many theories as there are official explanations.

"Clearly, it would help everyone if the U.S. government disclosed everything it knows," says Richardson, who served as Energy secretary under President Bill Clinton. "The American people can handle the truth -- no matter how bizarre or mundane. ... With full disclosure and our best scientific investigation, we should be able to find out what happened on that fateful day in July 1947."

The passage appears in a paperback titled "The Roswell Dig Diaries," published in collaboration with TV's SciFi Channel by Pocket Books, a division of Simon & Schuster. The "dig" of the title refers to an archaeological dig at the supposed crash site.

A Richardson aide, Billy Sparks, confirmed the governor's remarks. Richardson "is interested in either debunking the story or (encouraging) full disclosure" of any unreleased records on the case, Sparks said.

To the Air Force, though, there is no mystery -- and there hasn't been for a long time. In 1994, the Air Force published "Roswell Report: Case Closed, " which asserted that so-called saucer debris was, in fact, the ruins of an unusual type of military research balloon, which contained hypersensitive acoustic sensors designed to detect the rumble of any Soviet A-bomb tests. A subsequent investigation by the U.S. General Accounting Office was unable to locate any unreleased records on the case.

Hence, Richardson's foreword drew scorn from veteran UFO investigators and science popularizers.

"We're kind of disappointed in Richardson for perpetuating the mythology of that thing," said Dave Thomas, president of New Mexicans for Science and Reason, a skeptics group in Albuquerque.

The grand old man of skeptical UFO investigators, Philip J. Klass, who has written for Aviation Week & Space Technology since 1952, said: "Gov. Richardson -- whom I previously admired -- is wrong about Roswell and too trusting of TV network promoters. After more than a third of a century of research, I have found no credible evidence of extraterrestrial visitors."

Andrew Fraknoi, a noted astronomy popularizer and critic of pseudoscience who teaches at Foothill College in Los Altos Hills, called Richardson's foreword unbelievable.

"This continues to confirm that election or appointment to high office does not guarantee wisdom in all areas of human thought," he said.

But in a show of extraterrestrial bipartisanship, the executive director of the New Mexico Republican Party is taking Richardson's side. Greg Graves, a native of Roswell who suspects the crashed object was "something more than a weather balloon," wants to know what really happened in the Southwestern desert two years before his birth.

Still, Graves hopes the truth isn't disillusioning. That's because the saucer legend is so good for the local economy: "Thousands of people come to Roswell every year to visit the site and go to the museum. It's an incredible boon to the Roswell economy. Just think about 'X Files' and TV shows about Roswell.

"When I go around the country and tell people I was born in Roswell," he adds, "people ask: 'Do I think something crashed there?' "

Unfortunately Roswell seems to have become an article of faith for believers in the Extraterrestrial Hypothesis, rather than something which is looked at objectively.

When you consider that the Roswell incident wasn't even researched properly until 30 years after it happened (I've yet to find it mentioned in UFO books which were published before Charles Berlitz's 1980 The Roswell Incident), and that so many conflicting claims and counter-claims from alleged witnesses have surfaced in the years since Berlitz's book, it's become impossible to seperate the myth from the reality.

i'm sure i have read of a crash in the late 1940's mentioned in a book published before 1980, must dig it out. I only remember because it struck me as strange at the time, as i thought charles berlitz's book was the first one to mention it.

You may well be thinking of the account published in journalist Frank Scully's 1950 book Behind the Flying Saucers. Scully claimed that there had been three recent flying saucer crashes: one in the Arizona desert, and two near Aztec, New Mexico. A grand total of 34 three-foot tall dead aliens were recovered by the military, aided by civilian scientists, along with disks made of an unknown metal, some mysterious fabric, and booklets filled with an alien script.

Scullys main informant was later discovered by Time Magazine to be a confidence trickster called Leo GeBauer (who preferred to be known as "Dr Gee", and who was described by the gullible Scully as "the top magnetic research scientist of the United States", when in fact his only scientific credentials were that he owned a small business which sold television and radio parts!). When Scully first met him, ''Dr Gee' was attempting to market a device that he claimed could detect oil and valuable minerals, and which was based on technology derived from crashed flying saucers!

In his book "Fifty Years of UFOS", John Spencer surmises that 'Dr Gee' might have got the inspiration for his hoax from a spoof news story printed in 1948 by the Aztec Independent Review, which reported that a flying saucer from Venus had crashed out in the Arizona Desert.

What's most interesting here is the way that certain elements of 'Dr Gee's' fraudulent story - such as the mysterious metal and the indecipherable alien script - have subsequently turned up in retellings of the Roswell incident.

New object falls on Rowsell?

Article Published: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 9:13:10 PM PST

Unidentified Falling Object spooks residents near Roswell

Locals not exactly sure what destroyed neighbor's shack

By SARA A. CARTER
Staff Writer

"It came out of the night sky, landed south of Moline.

Jody fell out of his tractor, couldn't believe what he seen."

— It Came Out of the Sky, Creedence Clearwater Revival

CHINO - Much like the song, something — nobody's sure what, exactly — fell from the night sky Tuesday near Roswell.

No, not the town in New Mexico. This Roswell is an avenue in Chino, one street up from where -- and here's where things get even more interesting -- a shed caught fire at about the same time the flying object supposedly hit the ground.

At least that's what dozens of people thought they saw around 10:30 p.m., when they contacted the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department to say an unidentified flying object was landing or crashing in town.

The sighting was reported by residents and drivers from as close as the 71 Freeway and as far away as the 210 Freeway.

First, falling object. Then, fire.

"Somebody told one of the fire officials that they saw a plane crash," said Capt. Kim Johnson of Chino Fire Department Station 65, whose unit was called into action when a shed in the 13000 block of Cozzens Street burst into flame.

"There are a lot of people who are convinced that something came out of the sky - that there was something unexplainable, a light falling from the sky," Johnson said.

After the sighting, the sheriff's department received several phone calls, Johnson said. A helicopter was dispatched to check the area for a plane crash, but there was no plane to be found.

"Somebody called in saying they saw something on the 210 that thought they saw fire (in the sky)," said Debra Holman, of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department. "At first we thought it was a transformer but it's still undetermined."

The Sheriff's Department is still investigating the incident, Holman said.

All planes were accounted for at Ontario International Airport, and no unidentified flying object was detected by radar Tuesday night, said Maria Tesoro-Fermin, an airport spokeswoman.

On Wednesday, the shed lay in ruins in the back of the abandoned Cozzens Street house. Charred-black wood crackled and swayed in the wind as neighbor Gary Hering worked on his RV.

"I didn't hear anything," Hering said. "Not an explosion, nothing. My son and wife saw the fire coming from the shed. All I saw was flames."

It's a mystery, yes, but one that not everybody thinks is a big deal, said another neighbor, Gary Matulik, who was home when the fire broke out.

"I didn't hear anything," Matulik said. "I didn't even know there was a fire here last night."

But some chose not to talk about the strange object that fascinated and terrified them the night before.

"My cousin said he saw a shooting star," said a young man who lives on Roswell Avenue. He did not reveal his name.

The young man's cousin, who also withheld his name, denied it.

"I was just talking," he said. "It didn't mean anything."

Fire investigators spent Wednesday at the shed, looking for a cause of the fire.

"There may be a simple explanation," Johnson said. "But who knows?"

Since 1967, UFO sightings in the Inland Valley have been reported from time to time. Balls of light over Diamond Bar, south Pomona and Claremont were seen in 1967. In 1974 an unexplained fiery flash perplexed residents in Azusa.

And in 1966, Claremont residents were told a UFO sighting was really just a plastic bag.

Source

Map

Every time a government starts a cover up they use a very simple technique.
It's called:

MISDIRECTION

Or put another way; if you issue a series of rumours that are based on what really happened but greatly exagerated and highly colourful then the truth will seem dull in comparison and people will over look it.

Here'e the misdirection of the Roswell Crash:

Little Grey Extra-terrestials

Something did crash and their were occupents (either dead or alive) but they were not little grey aliens.

So what in the Roswell mythos are we not considering?

If anyone out there has a brain then have a guess....usually a thread like this will go ignored.Why...? because the 'misdirection' is effective. There is an old saying ,

"You only spot mind control when it fails!"

8)

Indra Keys said:
Every time a government starts a cover up they use a very simple technique.
It's called:

MISDIRECTION

Or put another way; if you issue a series of rumours that are based on what really happened but greatly exagerated and highly colourful then the truth will seem dull in comparison and people will over look it.

I always suspected that if anything crashed at all it was probably something belonging to the USA that highly secret and/or embarassing.

Current thinking points to it being one of the high altitude balloons that were used for detecting radioisotope indicative of A-bomb tests.

Other possibilities are one of the captured V2s that the US test-fired, or if there really were bodies a bomber carrying nukes.

Any of these would have inspired a cover-up, particularly in the Cold-War era.

BINGO!!!

Now we are getting some where....!

Here's another MISDIRECTION;

"Governments know all about UFO's and organise a cover up."

So when they say

"Gee,we don't have a clue!"

No one believes them.

Whats the truth in the above statement?

I don't think Roswell ever happened!

I mean, I used to believe something went down in Corona, but now, I don't. I have listened to the old broadcast, over and over and the reporter says words that basically say it all for me. General Ramey described the craft as without shape, like tin-foil, about 20-25 feet long. It all fits the description of a balloon and not a saucer. Saucers are not shapeless blobs of tin foil. And Ramey was saying this before the official wire went out disputing the UFO hypotheses. He admitted at first he didn't know what he had, but he describes something that sounds nothing like a saucer.
Just my opinion, but I am losing my faith in this one.

WW

I definitly don't believe it was a balloon. I have heard too many things that point otherwise.

Honestly, I do believe it was an alien spaceship, but I would not be surprised if it was just some stupid craft the government was testing out either. After all, it's not really THAT far from area 51. :D

Bonnybridge bids to jump on Roswell Bandwagon

In pursuit of the alien dollar

BETH PEARSON January 14 2005

IT'S not often that people are united by aliens, but that's exactly what will happen if plans to twin Bonnybridge, near Falkirk, and Roswell, New Mexico, go ahead. In early March, Billy Buchanan, councillor for Bonnybridge and depute provost of Falkirk Council, will be leading a fact-finding mission to the US's epicentre of UFO activity and he hopes to form a long-term partnership.
"Roswell could be a catalyst for so many good things," says Buchanan, who hopes to establish cultural and educational exchanges between the towns. "I'm looking forward to the experience."
Buchanan and fellow members from the Lights of Bonnybridge Twinning Group will be accom-panied by entrepreneurs who are interested in building a UFO theme park in Bonnybridge, which will help the local economy and encourage UFO tourists to visit other, historical sights in the town. Roswell attracts thousands of UFO tourists each year who want to see the site of the apparent UFO crash of 1947.
Buchanan is finalising travel details for the trip to Roswell. There follows the initial e-mail exchange between Buchanan and Bill Owen, mayor of Roswell.

Dear Mayor Owen,
I am Councillor William Buchanan, the depute provost of Falkirk Council, in Scotland, UK. The ward I represent is Bonnybridge. Once again, my area has been given the title of UFO Capital of the World. Some time ago, we spoke on worldwide radio of a proposal to enter into a twinning association with Roswell, New Mexico.
I propose, with your co-operation, to bring out to Roswell members of the Lights of Bonnybridge Twinning Group as a fact-finding mission to see if we can develop this partnership formally.
Yours faithfully,
Cllr W F Buchanan

Dear Councillor Buchanan,
We would welcome a delegation from Bonnybridge coming to Roswell to discuss the twinning idea. We are proud of Roswell and know you would enjoy experiencing its many areas of interest, including our world-famous UFO Museum and Research Center.
Sincerely,
Bill B Owen, Mayor

Dear Mayor Owen,
I was delighted to receive your email response and your very positive approach to a delegation coming from Bonnybridge to Roswell. We are all excited about coming out. As we both agree, Roswell and Bonnybridge have much more to offer than just a UFO phenomenon.
Speaking to people in the community and further afield, they see this as an exciting proposal that will benefit both communities and, in its own way, benefit world peace.
Councillor W Buchanan

The exact circumstances of the Roswell Incident, as it is known, are still widely debated by ufo-logists. The US government and sceptics say that hot air balloons being used as part of an air force experiment crashed in bad weather, while ufologists say it was an alien spaceship. Some of those believe aliens were recovered from the scene and taken by the US government for autopsy or interrogation.
These theories, and hundreds more, have been bandied about in the 30 years since it happened and, while there has been little in the way of agreement, one certainty is that it has been great for Roswell's economy. Its UFO tourist industry is thriving and supports two UFO museums, an annual alien festival and hotels with signs that read: "Come crash with us."
The town, like Bonnybridge, accommodates both believers and sceptics but the financial benefits of being a UFO centre are enjoyed by both. Buchanan hopes that Bonnybridge will soon be able to share in this prosperity, as well as the opportunity for trans-atlantic understanding.
"We've more to offer than the phenomena in the skies," says Buchanan. "We're now visionaries in Bonnybridge. We have seen the future."

Found this , just in case some folks what to check it out for research etc..

New Mexico Area UFO Reports -- June/July 1947
Copyright 2002 by David Rudiak
Last updated on: December 13, 2004

Below is an extensive compilation of UFO reports in New Mexico and surrounding areas for June/July 1947 gleaned primarily from a review of over two dozen New Mexico newspapers, two El Paso newspapers, about 20 Arizona newspapers, plus a few miscellaneous sources.

*Phoenix, Arizona, dusk [Important Roswell related sighting]
-- William A Rhodes took 2 (or maybe 3) photos of a heel-shaped object with a concave trailing edge circling and banking north of town above his home. The photos also showed a white spot near the center of the object. It initially approached from the west and Rhodes heard a "whooshing" sound. However, during its three clockwise circuits above him, Rhodes said he heard no sound. It then sped off to the southwest at a phenomenal speed, again making no sound. Rhodes said he saw twin vapor trails from the two points at the tips of the concave trailing edge. (Phoenix Arizona Republic, 7/9; San Diego (CA)
Union, 7/9; Los Angeles Herald-Express, 7/9) [This incident was extensively investigated by military intelligence. All prints were confiscated and Rhodes turned over his negatives to an FBI agent and an Army counterintelligence agent a few weeks later. According to some witnesses, the Roswell crashed craft had a similar shape to what is shown in Rhode's photo's - http://roswellproof.homestead.com/Rhodes_Phoenix.html

I don't know if this site is linked, but it's pretty cool:

http://www.roswellfiles.com/index.htm

I found the site because I came across an old book that Donald Schmitt put out (that I got at alecture he did at the height of the X-Files' popularity) with a bunch of photocopied memos in his physical evidence one-stop self-published book. In any case, the more I've thought about the lecture, the more I really wondered about his integrity as a journalist, and so was interested in finding this at the the about site:
The Air Force had a field day laughing at the "research" of Randle and Schmitt in the 1994 AF Report on Roswell:

"An example of trying to deal with questionable claims is illustrated by the following example: One of the popular books (UFO Crash at Roswell by Randle and Schmitt) mentioned that was reviewed claimed that the writers had submitted the names and serial numbers of "over two dozen" personnel stationed at Roswell in July, 1947, to the Veterans Administration and the Defense Department to confirm their military service. They then listed eleven of these persons by name and asked the question "Why does neither the Defense Department nor the Veteran's Administration have records of any of these men when we can document that each served at Roswell Army Air Field." That claim sounded serious so SAF/AAZD was tasked to check these eleven names in the Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Using only the names (since the authors did not list the serial numbers) the researcher quickly found records readily identifiable with eight of these persons. The other three had such common names that there could have been multiple possibilities."

To put it politely, this laughter by the Air Force didn’t sit well with Randle.

Randle defended the research that was done and his partner Schmitt for quite a while. Then someone actually did a background check on Donald Schmitt.

When the two books were written, Schmitt was the Director of Special Investigations for CUFOS. He had claimed to have a Bachelors degree from Concordia College, a Masters degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and that he was pursing his doctorate in criminology from Concordia College.

But it turned out that Schmitt had never been a student at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and that Concordia didn’t offer doctorate degrees.
(Milwaukee Magazine - February 1995)

Then in the March 1995 issue of Milwaukee Magazine, there was a letter about Schmitt regarding "the question of how Schmitt earns his living… he delivers mail out of the Hartford, Wisconsin post office… If you believe half of what he tells you, you are a prospect for buying a bridge."

The writer of the original article stated that "He insisted that he earned his living as a medical illustrator. However, Hartford Postmaster Ken Eppler confirms that Schmitt is employed as a full-time carrier. Schmitt has worked at the Hartford Post Office since 1974."

Randle wrote in a letter to his fellow UFOlogists, on Feb 22, 1995 stating that "Don is a medical illustrator… Like many others, I have seen many samples of his published work… It is amazing to me that so many rumors fill the air. Now we are being told that Don is a letter carrier… Of course, this rumor is no more true than the Gerald Anderson story."

Then in the March/April 1995 International UFO Reporter, Don Schmitt finally admitted that he was a postal worker and didn’t have a Masters degree. He resigned as CUFOS’s Director of Special Investigations.

Obviously, Randle didn’t ‘research’ his co-writer’s background.

Randle also had tried to defend Schmitt’s research into the missing Roswell nurse's claims according to McCarthy, who broke the initial story in Omni Magazine.

But on Sept 10, 1995, shortly before McCarthy’s article appeared, Randle issued a "To Whom It May Concern" letter. After bringing up Schmitt’s false claims of his education and employment, Randle went on:

"I had believed that his lying related only to his personal life. Now I learn that it doesn’t. Research he claimed to have done was not done by him but by an ‘assistant.’ He claimed that he had searched for the Roswell nurses, but their records were all missing. That is not even close to the truth… Schmitt declared that the records were all missing. Lies….

"The search for the nurses proves that he (Schmitt) will lie about anything. He will lie to anyone… He has revealed himself as a pathological liar… I will have nothing more to do with him."

"He (Schmitt) claimed that he had searched for the Roswell nurses but their records were all missing. That is not even close to the truth. The records, had he looked, were right where they should be. Instead of going through the front door in the search, he chose to have his assistant go through back doors. When that failed to produce any results, Schmitt declared that the records were all missing. Untrue!…

"Everything I put into the books, I knew to be the truth because I had researched it myself, or I had checked to make sure the documentation existed. The research as it appears in the book is solid. Audio and video tapes exist, others besides Schmitt have interviewed the witnesses, and there is documentation to support the conclusions.

"That said, let me now point out that I do not now believe anything that Schmitt says and neither should you…"
(Kevin Randle;"To Whom It May Concern" Letter)

Anybody else have a run in with him?

Just browsing around on Google Earth and happened to have a look at Roswell.

At first I thought someone was having a laugh as there appeared to be a cicrular saucer shape just outside the town. Zooming closer and it appeared to be a crop circle.

Panning out though it suddenly emerged that there was two, three, four, ten, twenty, fifty... of these circular shapes all around and going south towards the towns of Dexter and Hagerman.

This has to be some kind of farming method surely?

I thought at first it was probably pranksters or people making a tribute crop circle, but it has to be to do with agriculture.

Anyone able to clarify? Best image is around Hagerman, a little south of Roswell.

33°09'20.55" N 104°20'10.99" W

Does make you wonder though, if theses are natural agricultural shapes, a little green man in a saucer may well have seen them from above, thought they looked like other saucers and went in to look closer/land and then realised too late they were not compatriots and then crashed :lol:

Its to do with irrigation in arid areas, circular areas are easier to water with moving spraying things, there's loads in Nevada as well

Thought it would be something like that.

I imagine this isn't a new thing though and shapes like those would have been about in the 1940s.

If you were to believe the flying saucer story at Roswell it is worth pausing for a moment just to consider how much they look like landed saucers from above...

Short sighted alien at the controls. "Erm, where are we meant to land, oh yeh everyone else has gone down over ther....wait a minute that isn't the rest of the gang! Aaaarrgghh! Pull up, pul....."

8)

Roswell 'was Soviet plot to create US panic'
Devotees of science fiction have been convinced for decades that an alien spacecraft crashed in the desert of New Mexico – and that the American government covered up the recovery of extraterrestrial bodies.
By Thomas Harding 9:00PM BST 13 May 2011

The so-called Roswell Incident of 1947 spawned conspiracy theories by the score.
But now, sadly for UFO spotters, a new book offers an entirely man-made – and some would say even more bizarre – explanation, featuring two of the greatest villains of 20th century history: the Soviet dictator Josef Stalin and the infamous Nazi “Angel of Death” Dr Joseph Mengele.

During a powerful storm in July, 1947, an object crashed near a rancher’s home in Roswell, New Mexico.
Roswell army air base initially said that a “flying disc” had come down, but hours later, as government scientists arrived in the area, it was stated instead that a weather balloon had crashed.
The incident went largely unreported until books and documentaries in the 1970s made allegations of alien life forms.

Area 51, the new book by Annie Jacobsen, is based on interviews with scientists and engineers who worked in Area 51, the top secret test base in the Nevada desert.

It dismisses the alien story and puts forward the theory that Stalin was inspired by Orson Wells’s famous radio adaptation of the HG Wells novel War of the Worlds, which provoked hysteria across America when broadcast in 1938. According to the book, the plot started after the Soviet Union seized from Germany at the end of the war the jet-propelled, single wing Horton Ho 229 – a fighter said to be the forerunner of the modern B2 stealth bomber.

This is where Mengele enters the story. The Nazi doctor, who experimented on prisoners in Auschwitz and fled to South America after the war, was supposedly enlisted to create a crew of “grotesque, child-size aviators” in return for a eugenics laboratory.

The book says that the plane was filled with “alien-like” children, aged 12 or 13, who Stalin wanted to land in America and cause hysteria similar to the 1938 broadcast. But, the plane, remotely piloted by another aircraft, crashed and the Americans hushed up the incident.

Jacobsen’s source, a retired engineer from the former defence company EG&G, which handled the US government’s most sensitive projects, said he was put on to the Roswell project in Area 51 in 1978.

Miss Jacobsen writes: “They found bodies alongside the crashed craft. These were not aliens. Nor were they consenting airmen. They were human guinea pigs. Unusually petite for pilots, they appeared to be children. Each was under five feet tall.
“They were grotesquely deformed, but each in the same manner as the others. They had unusually large heads and abnormally shaped oversize eyes.”
Two were supposedly found “comatose but still alive”.
The EG&G engineers were told “that seeing the bodies would be a shocking and disturbing experience”.

Perhaps not surprisingly, a spokesman for the US Air Force said: “We have not yet read this book so we are not able to make a comment on it.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... panic.html

Somehow the alien explanation is much easier to believe than this :shock:

strange that this sort of stuff quite often happens near the military

im quite sure the military are quite happy to blame ailiens for all sorts of things

Only tangentially linked perhaps, but Stalin did order experimentation on human/ape crossbreeding in a quest to create a 'super-soldier'.

Cavynaut said:
Only tangentially linked perhaps, but Stalin did order experimentation on human/ape crossbreeding in a quest to create a 'super-soldier'.

But could they pilot flying saucers? No, they couldn't which is why they crashed in Roswell!

Back