• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Roswell Incident [1947]

Funny, They could have just told Brazel and others it was just a military project gone wrong --not to worry, no big deal. Instead because of the bizarre nature of it they came and basically took Brazel into custody and threatened to revoke the license of the local radio station if they reported the bizarre nature of it. Why overreact like that? If it was mundane, not an issue, What was Brazel going to say? If it was foil and balsa wood, who cares?

Lt. Col. Jesse Marcel, Jr., M.D. died in August 23, 2013.

Marcel Jr. had a distinguished military and medical career.

Marcel Jr. always defended his father throughout his life and to his death, he said he and his father played with UFO parts.

He maintained that the material was “ not of this earth”.

Just think, he was the only living child on planet earth to play with alien material.

Just think about that.

This still blows my mind!

Marcel Jr. always defended his father throughout his life and to his death, he said he and his father played with UFO parts.

He maintained that the material was “ not of this earth”.

Just think, he was the only living child on planet earth to play with alien material.

Just think about that.

This still blows my mind!
As reported by the local News-Journal, 9 July, 1947:

"Brazel described his find as consisting of large nunbers of pieces of paper and covered with a foil-like substance and pieced together with small sticks, much like a kite".

[Edited to add the following]

"Scattered with the material over an area of about 200 yards across were pieces of grey rubber. All the pieces were small".

Last edited:
If this might also help understand the perspective, as additionaly reported:

[Start]
Newton (forecaster at the arny air force weather station) said that when rigged up, the instrument "looks like a six-pointed star, is silvery in appearance and rises in the air like a kite".

[...]

Brazel's discovery was reported yesterday afternoon by Lt Warren Haut, Roswell army air field's public relations officer, as definitely being one of the 'flying discs' that have puzzled and worried citizens of forty-four states during the past several weeks".
[End]

Keep in mind, this was actually only two weeks after the catastrophic error concerning the misconstrued public perception of Kenneth Arnold's reported sighting of objects which were nothing like saucer-shaped and amidst cold-war hysteria regarding a new Russian secret weapon.

Reported by the, 'Palladium-Item and Sun-Telegram', on 9 July, 1947:

Screenshot_20201127_033709_compress50.jpg

Bizarre vid shows ‘alien carried away on stretcher after Roswell UFO crash’

Extraordinary footage has emerged reportedly showing an alien creature being carted away on a stretcher after the so-called Roswell UFO crash.

The grainy video is alleged to have been shot in an Area 51 hangar and apparently films an alien being taken away.

A still from the film:

ufo5.jpg

(Very poor) video at link:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4641370/roswell-ufo-crash-area-51-footage/

maximus otter

Bizarre vid shows ‘alien carried away on stretcher after Roswell UFO crash’

Extraordinary footage has emerged reportedly showing an alien creature being carted away on a stretcher after the so-called Roswell UFO crash.

The grainy video is alleged to have been shot in an Area 51 hangar and apparently films an alien being taken away.

A still from the film:

ufo5.jpg

(Very poor) video at link:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4641370/roswell-ufo-crash-area-51-footage/

maximus otter
Maximus Otter - first with the news of 2017. :)

Good interview imho...a bit long but explains it well

I'm sure I was reading something just a day or two ago about a new documentary series that is being made about Roswell, including current (new) interviews with people who were in the area at the time, and Jesse Marcels son/nephew????? Or was it a cheese dream?

I'm sure I was reading something just a day or two ago about a new documentary series that is being made about Roswell, including current (new) interviews with people who were in the area at the time, and Jesse Marcels son/nephew????? Or was it a cheese dream?
Roswell: The First Witness now showing on Sky History in the U.K., episode 2 of 6 is on this Tuesday.

I think it's just started on sky, God help us all!

Edit: See post above. :)

Aaaaaah....Sky History huh.

Okay well I'm guessing each episode is an hour long.
And in the style of most Sky 'documentaries' (and I'm using the term really loosely there) I expect that it'll be divided into 4 or 5 parts with ad breaks, and after each ad break there will be a thorough recap of the preceding part (for those with short attention spans).
And there will only be a few minutes worth of 'new' material in each episode, and even that will be dubious second-hand reports.

I've had similar experiences with things that looked promising before only to end up sitting through a turgid, repetitive, load of drivel, with out-of-focus 'original photographs' and a faux 'x-files' type of music soundtrack.
The sort of thing that most often features 'experts' like Georgious A Tsoulakilislisisis or whatever his name is....you know...the guy with the crazy hair.

Aaaaaah....Sky History huh.

Okay well I'm guessing each episode is an hour long.
And in the style of most Sky 'documentaries' (and I'm using the term really loosely there) I expect that it'll be divided into 4 or 5 parts with ad breaks, and after each ad break there will be a thorough recap of the preceding part (for those with short attention spans).
And there will only be a few minutes worth of 'new' material in each episode, and even that will be dubious second-hand reports.

I've had similar experiences with things that looked promising before only to end up sitting through a turgid, repetitive, load of drivel, with out-of-focus 'original photographs' and a faux 'x-files' type of music soundtrack.
The sort of thing that most often features 'experts' like Georgious A Tsoulakilislisisis or whatever his name is....you know...the guy with the crazy hair.

If he's not available then it'll be Nick (Britain's Fox Mulder) Pope.

Roswell will never die until the public find the truth in the classified US documents

Don't know if anyone has read Korff's book or watched the video I posted above but imho he has destroyed all the 'credible' witnesses to the event regarding it being an alien crash. Apparently most of the original comments , and retellings were simply wrong and exaggerations and even made up stuff. So in truth what are we really left with here?
BTW..,I'm not a skeptic that is into debunking ,but unless one can point out where he has erred why are people still believing this nonsense?

The Roswell Crash is the “ gold standard “, it will never go away.

I can not see how the deceased distinguished military doctor Jesse Marcel, Jr. not telling the truth.

I am sure Jr’s father was a straight shooter too.

I think you're right. Even if incontrovertible evidence is found that proves the Roswell Crash to be completely terrestrial, it will still persist as a UFO legend.

I can not see how the deceased distinguished military doctor Jesse Marcel, Jr. not telling the truth.

I am sure Jr’s father was a straight shooter too.
Well...let's talk about that. Marcel Jr didn't really know aything to be honest. His 'knowledge' came only from what his father told him and allegedly showed him...and he was 10 years old. I wouldn't base anything on that.

Regarding Major Marcel himself....he did pick/gather up the wreckage with one or two other soldiers...there was no large crew and they did it all in one day. The true record clearly shows that. He did say a piece he took home was unusual but again he was not aware of the covert Mogul and other tests ..that is a fact. He could have easily mistaken the piece for something odd. There are other 'problems' with his comments and what he said but they have been written about in other places and better explained there.

What "incontrovertible evidence" would that be?
You misunderstand... I said 'Even if incontrovertible evidence is found...' - I'm not actually saying any evidence has been found to disprove Roswell.

I have never understood if a super sophisticated spaceship a billion years ahead of us comes to earth and crashes.

Was the pilot drunk ?

Did the teen age alien wreck his father’s ship ?

Did these aliens traveled trillions of miles just to come here to crash ?

Because of distance, these aliens have been on earth way before us, or we are dealing with another dimension.

This fact makes me think we really do not know happened at Roswell !

Bear in mind that the storyline about a crashed spacecraft / saucer with alien bodies was not a component of the Roswell story as reported at the time.

Interesting, I guess the body story came from the mortician Glenn Dennis ?

Glenn Dennis also came up with a story of a nuse who sketched pictures of the aliens.

Kevin Randle search for this nurse, but this nurse seem to have no existence.

Interesting, I guess the body story came from the mortician Glenn Dennis ? ...

There were multiple stories concerning crashed saucers and occupant corpses floating around. The two oldest and most famous ones involved crash sites allegedly witnessed at Aztek and Plains of San Augustin (aka Corona area), New Mexico, around the same time as the Roswell incident (early July, 1947).

These originated as stories separate from the Roswell incident, and both of them surfaced after the Roswell story had run its course in the press. Over the decades they (and other, lesser-known such crash claims) have been occasionally blended into or tacked onto the Roswell story.

The Aztec story was eventually determined to be a hoax.

AFAIK the autopsy storyline is the one in which Dennis was involved, and that story surfaced much later.

I have never understood if a super sophisticated spaceship a billion years ahead of us comes to earth and crashes.

Was the pilot drunk ?

Did the teen age alien wreck his father’s ship ?

Did these aliens traveled trillions of miles just to come here to crash ?

Because of distance, these aliens have been on earth way before us, or we are dealing with another dimension.

This fact makes me think we really do not know happened at Roswell !
I would say that no technology is perfect. Not even tech that is thousands of years in advance of anything we have.
Crashes happen through random chance.

Back