• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Roswell Incident [1947]

Roswell, New Mexico is hoping that the coronavirus will not cancel their 25th UFO celebration that got canceled last year.

If a UFO crashed or did not crashed, the celebration brings in lots of money to the city.

Go visit if you are in the area July 1-3, 2021.

It would be great if a real UFO would come and land and buy a hot dog and a coke-a-cola and join in the celebration !

I would say that no technology is perfect. Not even tech that is thousands of years in advance of anything we have.
Crashes happen through random chance.
The only thing I would say to this is that, if I were in charge of flying operations to a planet that wasn't supposed to know of my existence, I'd make damn sure that my vehicle would self destruct to atoms in the event of an unexpected collision event (which I have decided I would call crashing, if I ever were put in charge of such a mission).

The only thing I would say to this is that, if I were in charge of flying operations to a planet that wasn't supposed to know of my existence, I'd make damn sure that my vehicle would self destruct to atoms in the event of an unexpected collision event (which I have decided I would call crashing, if I ever were put in charge of such a mission).
Tunguska?

Roswell, New Mexico is hoping that the coronavirus will not cancel their 25th UFO celebration that got canceled last year.

If a UFO crashed or did not crashed, the celebration brings in lots of money to the city.

Go visit if you are in the area July 1-3, 2021.

It would be great if a real UFO would come and land and buy a hot dog and a coke-a-cola and join in the celebration !
You never know; The UFOs that showed up for me were over McMinnville on the day of their UFO festival --before the speakers that night in 2010, including Stanton Friedman, iirc., before they moved south to Roseburg and eventually Riddle. 60th anniversary of sighting and on front of Time magazine, for the ultimate mindf*ck. It's all in my sighting description.

I do not know why, but I have always thought the Roswell UFO was struck by lightning.

This being the reason for the crash.

I can not find this information on line.

Has anyone heard that lighting caused the UFO crash.

I can not imagine a sophisticated craft just to crash unless they had been drinking Jack Daniels when they stopped at Lynchburg, Tennessee population 361.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know why, but I have always thought the Roswell UFO was struck by lightning.

This being the reason for the crash.

I can not find this information on line.

Has anyone heard that lighting caused the UFO crash.

I can not imagine a sophisticated craft just to crash unless they had been drinking Jack Daniels when they stopped at

Lynchburg, Tennessee population 361.
Concorde had never suffered a crash until it suffered a crash, tjere havent been any 'recorded public' incidences of crashed UFOs since so maybe they retired that particular craft after the catastrophic inter planetary/dimentional incident

I've all ways had my own theory that some big off saucer the size of London (Central and Greater London included) is just hunting around out there, in the darkness, waiting for new kills. Rendlesham was the one that got away as they repaired and flew off after crashing. But if my theory is right just look at the kill list over the last 2000 years of UFO crashes. For whatever reason this Big Saucer has a love for Earth.

The one and only thing that everyone agrees on is that something fell from the Roswell sky, but what ?

Roswell will never die as the city gears up for this year’s UFO festival starting July 1st.

Space, the final frontier.

Note that Roswell was only one of 42 different reported UFO crashes in 1947 alone.
http://www.ignaciodarnaude.com/avistamientos_ovnis/UFO Crashes 1947,Database.htm

==========

6-20-47 Titusville, PA [and other locations]
6-21-47 Tacoma, Washington
6-25-47 Nyssa, Oregon Ob
6-27-47 Tularosa and Eagle, New Mexico
7-1-47 Circleville, Ohio
7-4-47 Roswell, New Mexico
7-6-47 Grafton Wisconsin
7-6-47 East St. Louis, Illinois
7-7-47 Oxford, Ohio

7-7-47 New Hampshire
7-7-47 Jackson, Ohio
7-7-47 Shreveport, Louisiana
7-7-47 Bozeman, Montana
7-7-47 Oelwein, Iowa
7-8-47 Ludlow, Kentucky
7-8-47 South Bloomfield, Ohio
7-8-47 Windsor, Ontario Canada
7-9-47 Baker, Montana
7-9-47 Midland, Michigan

7-9-47 North Hollywood, California
7-9-47 Thompsonville, Connecticut
7-9-47 Rindge, New Hampshire
7-10-47 Greensburgh/West Chester, N. Y.
7-10-47 Springfield, Massachusettes
7-10-47 Beulah Bay, Alabama
7-10-47 Niwot, Colorado
7-11-47 Woodworth, North Dakota
7-11-47 Laurel, Maryland
7-11-47 Black River Falls, Wisconsin

7-11-47 Twin Falls, Idaho
7-12-47 Eugene, Oregon
7-12-47 Linden, New Jersey
7-12-47 Eastchester, New York
7-12-47 Nelsonville, Ohio
7-13-47 Amarillo, Texas
7-15-47 Clearwater, Florida
7-15-47 Seattle, Washington
7-17-47 Marysville, Kansas
7-18-47 Chengtu, China

7-23-47 Ragland, West Virginia
8-8-47 Mullensville, West Virginia

Blimey they were dropping like flies!

Note that Roswell was only one of 42 different reported UFO crashes in 1947 alone.
http://www.ignaciodarnaude.com/avistamientos_ovnis/UFO Crashes 1947,Database.htm

==========

6-20-47 Titusville, PA [and other locations]
6-21-47 Tacoma, Washington
6-25-47 Nyssa, Oregon Ob
6-27-47 Tularosa and Eagle, New Mexico
7-1-47 Circleville, Ohio
7-4-47 Roswell, New Mexico
7-6-47 Grafton Wisconsin
7-6-47 East St. Louis, Illinois
7-7-47 Oxford, Ohio

7-7-47 New Hampshire
7-7-47 Jackson, Ohio
7-7-47 Shreveport, Louisiana
7-7-47 Bozeman, Montana
7-7-47 Oelwein, Iowa
7-8-47 Ludlow, Kentucky
7-8-47 South Bloomfield, Ohio
7-8-47 Windsor, Ontario Canada
7-9-47 Baker, Montana
7-9-47 Midland, Michigan

7-9-47 North Hollywood, California
7-9-47 Thompsonville, Connecticut
7-9-47 Rindge, New Hampshire
7-10-47 Greensburgh/West Chester, N. Y.
7-10-47 Springfield, Massachusettes
7-10-47 Beulah Bay, Alabama
7-10-47 Niwot, Colorado
7-11-47 Woodworth, North Dakota
7-11-47 Laurel, Maryland
7-11-47 Black River Falls, Wisconsin

7-11-47 Twin Falls, Idaho
7-12-47 Eugene, Oregon
7-12-47 Linden, New Jersey
7-12-47 Eastchester, New York
7-12-47 Nelsonville, Ohio
7-13-47 Amarillo, Texas
7-15-47 Clearwater, Florida
7-15-47 Seattle, Washington
7-17-47 Marysville, Kansas
7-18-47 Chengtu, China

7-23-47 Ragland, West Virginia
8-8-47 Mullensville, West Virginia
That's crazy. I never realised there were that many. But maybe -- my favourite all purpose answer -- in that period the US was involved in examining and no doubt testing many of the secret Nazi projects that they acquired after the war, and no doubt a lot of them did crash, so the intelligence people decided that crazy stories of alien spaceships were the ideal cover story. I think the same explanation applies to other famous cases such as Rendlesham and Kecksburg.

Just scanned those cases listed and frankly most of them are at best debris falling from UFOs and totally trivial happenings!

The big UFO cover up all these years is simple.

If UFO/UAP’s become hostile, no government could stop the hostility.

It is just like War of the Wars but humankind would loose.

This is the big secret.

The big UFO cover up all these years is simple.

If UFO/UAP’s become hostile, no government could stop the hostility.

It is just like War of the Wars but humankind would loose.

This is the big secret.
It's not really a secret I don't think. It stands to reason we'd have no defence against such technology. Certainly, that would be an adequate enough reason for any cover up.

Or, there's no cover up, there just aren't any aliens. That works fine too.

I always go back to just recently died American actor Ed Asner who in the 1950s was stationed in New Jersey while he was in the Army.

He always maintain that a UFO hovered over their base, and after the UFO left, the Commander told everyone that officially nobody saw anything and was ordered to keep quiet.

How can you explain “ stuff “ like this ?

I am a “ hard core “ believer in UFOs.

I always go back to just recently died American actor Ed Asner who in the 1950s was stationed in New Jersey while he was in the Army.

He always maintain that a UFO hovered over their base, and after the UFO left, the Commander told everyone that officially nobody saw anything and was ordered to keep quiet.

How can you explain “ stuff “ like this ?

I am a “ hard core “ believer in UFOs.
I don't think it's a matter of being a "believer" but of just recognising that there are thousands of sightings on record that are no closer to being explained today than they originally were. There is a phenomenon. But we don't know yet which theory is best or even whether there are strange things being seen that come from multiple different origins (ET, Black projects, time travellers, fairies, jinn, deception operations, the collective unconscious, and many things that would be totally beyond our understanding). People are too ready nowadays to jump to the old "aliens versus misidentifications and hoaxes" dichotomy -- it's almost as if the work of Vallee, Keel and others never existed.

We may never have the mental ability to understand what it's all about.

This is a crossover from another thread

'Kelly / Hopkinsville (Kentucky) 'Goblins' Incident (1955)'

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ucky-goblins-incident-1955.17926/post-2114637

If perhaps of interest, the following is the source of my recollection.

It was a post made to the 'UFO Research List', which I operated at the time, back in January, 2002. Kevin Randle and Stanton Friedman were subscribers.

And that's basically it... there was no response from anyone and the video tape I mentioned has long since perished.

(Start of post)
For convenience, the following background is taken from an old ‘bulletin board’ text file which summarised some of the, then, ‘Roswell’ evidence:

Melvin Brown's Daughter

[Sergeant Melvin Brown was a cook at Roswell AAF in 1947. One day, he was called out to help guard material retrieved from the Foster Ranch. His daughter Beverly was interviewed by Stanton Friedman in 1989.]

When we were young, he used to tell us stories about things that had happened to him when he was young. We got to know those stories by heart and would all say together, "Here we go again."

Sometimes, but not too often, he used to say that he saw a man from outer space. That used to make us all giggle like mad. He said he had to stand guard duty outside a hangar where a crashed flying saucer was stored, and that his commanding officer said, "Come on, Brownie, let's have a look inside." But they didn't see anything because it had all been packed up and [was] ready to be flown out to Texas.

He also said that one day all available men were grabbed and that they had to stand guard where a crashed disc had come down. Everything was being loaded onto trucks, and he couldn't understand why some of the trucks had ice or something in them. He did not understand what they wanted to keep cold. Him and another guy had to ride in the back of one of the trucks, and although they were told that they could get into a lot of trouble if they took in too much of what was happening, they had a quick look under the covering and saw two dead bodies, alien bodies.

We really had to giggle at that bit. He said they were smaller than a normal man, about four feet, and had much larger heads than us, with slanted eyes, and that the bodies looked yellowish, a bit Asian-looking. We did not believe him when we were kids, but as I got older, I did kind of believe it. Once I asked him if he was scared by them, and he said, "Hell no, they looked nice, almost as though they would be friendly if they were alive."
[END]

I understand Kevin Randle and Don Schmitt also published details of their discussions with Melvin Brown's Daughter, Beverly Bean.

I spoke with Beverly in 1995 or 1996.

There was an interview with, if I recall, both of Sgt Brown’s daughters and which featured in a video - possibly a UK production for a TV documentary. I have a copy of this on tape somewhere and will locate it as necessary.

The point being, in this video interview the daughters produced a piece of paper which it’s claimed their father cited as containing important verification of his story. Without double-checking I can’t be certain, however, I believe it was allegedly in his own hand-writing.

When the freeze frame was used, the paper clearly showed details of a bank apparently based in Roswell, plus a bank account number.

Although insinuated that money had been paid into the account as an incentive to ‘keep quiet’ [or something along these lines], there was no indication the family had ever pursued this matter.

Was that ‘document’ mentioned in previous interviews and if so, what transpired when the evidence was presumably followed up by case researchers?
(End of post)

This is a crossover from another thread

'Kelly / Hopkinsville (Kentucky) 'Goblins' Incident (1955)'

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ucky-goblins-incident-1955.17926/post-2114637

If perhaps of interest, the following is the source of my recollection.

It was a post made to the 'UFO Research List', which I operated at the time, back in January, 2002. Kevin Randle and Stanton Friedman were subscribers.

And that's basically it... there was no response from anyone and the video tape I mentioned has long since perished.

(Start of post)
For convenience, the following background is taken from an old ‘bulletin board’ text file which summarised some of the, then, ‘Roswell’ evidence:

Melvin Brown's Daughter

[Sergeant Melvin Brown was a cook at Roswell AAF in 1947. One day, he was called out to help guard material retrieved from the Foster Ranch. His daughter Beverly was interviewed by Stanton Friedman in 1989.]

When we were young, he used to tell us stories about things that had happened to him when he was young. We got to know those stories by heart and would all say together, "Here we go again."

Sometimes, but not too often, he used to say that he saw a man from outer space. That used to make us all giggle like mad. He said he had to stand guard duty outside a hangar where a crashed flying saucer was stored, and that his commanding officer said, "Come on, Brownie, let's have a look inside." But they didn't see anything because it had all been packed up and [was] ready to be flown out to Texas.

He also said that one day all available men were grabbed and that they had to stand guard where a crashed disc had come down. Everything was being loaded onto trucks, and he couldn't understand why some of the trucks had ice or something in them. He did not understand what they wanted to keep cold. Him and another guy had to ride in the back of one of the trucks, and although they were told that they could get into a lot of trouble if they took in too much of what was happening, they had a quick look under the covering and saw two dead bodies, alien bodies.

We really had to giggle at that bit. He said they were smaller than a normal man, about four feet, and had much larger heads than us, with slanted eyes, and that the bodies looked yellowish, a bit Asian-looking. We did not believe him when we were kids, but as I got older, I did kind of believe it. Once I asked him if he was scared by them, and he said, "Hell no, they looked nice, almost as though they would be friendly if they were alive."
[END]

I understand Kevin Randle and Don Schmitt also published details of their discussions with Melvin Brown's Daughter, Beverly Bean.

I spoke with Beverly in 1995 or 1996.

There was an interview with, if I recall, both of Sgt Brown’s daughters and which featured in a video - possibly a UK production for a TV documentary. I have a copy of this on tape somewhere and will locate it as necessary.

The point being, in this video interview the daughters produced a piece of paper which it’s claimed their father cited as containing important verification of his story. Without double-checking I can’t be certain, however, I believe it was allegedly in his own hand-writing.

When the freeze frame was used, the paper clearly showed details of a bank apparently based in Roswell, plus a bank account number.

Although insinuated that money had been paid into the account as an incentive to ‘keep quiet’ [or something along these lines], there was no indication the family had ever pursued this matter.

Was that ‘document’ mentioned in previous interviews and if so, what transpired when the evidence was presumably followed up by case researchers?
(End of post)

"All efforts to locate such an account in any presently existing bank in Roswell failed", according to one reference I have just found via Google Books.

"All efforts to locate such an account in any presently existing bank in Roswell failed", according to one reference I have just found via Google Books.
Wow! How awesome and thank you so much.

Case closed! (Which, come to think of it, is a rarity in any UFO related research :) ).

Reactions: BS3
Wow! How awesome and thank you so much.

Case closed! (Which, come to think of it, is a rarity in any UFO related research :) ).

Well, you'd hope so - of course the authors (Carey & Schmitt) seem to leave the issue open by claiming this either meant the money was later "moved" or it was a merely a lie to encourage Brown to keep his mouth shut!

A bigger question is why a tightly organised military cover up would have drafted in a cook for top secret guard duty. Or why such crash retrieval operations (Roswell, Kecksburg) always seem to include a period where the retrieved materials need to sit around for a bit under a tarpaulin.

Well, you'd hope so - of course the authors (Carey & Schmitt) seem to leave the issue open by claiming this either meant the money was later "moved" or it was a merely a lie to encourage Brown to keep his mouth shut!

A bigger question is why a tightly organised military cover up would have drafted in a cook for top secret guard duty. Or why such crash retrieval operations (Roswell, Kecksburg) always seem to include a period where the retrieved materials need to sit around for a bit under a tarpaulin.
It points to disinformation. They set up someone who will innocently find a little alien body (despite what you might think would be multiple levels of security if the thing was genuine) and tell him to keep quiet, knowing that sooner or later he will spill the beans. Same thing happened after Kecksburg, as you say, a delivery driver just happened to be sent into the room where the mysterious Bell shaped thing was kept and just happened to see a tiny hand poking out from under a cover on a table.. Seems that the USAF is so hopeless at keeping the aliens secret that there is hardly a case where some poor sap isn't fed this kind of stuff. Rendlesham, which we have gone over on its own thread, has lots of examples, airmen "sworn to silence" blabbing everything to all and sundry, layers upon layers of nonsense.

I get the impression that security might be low...but things are mixed up maybe with film props? A Perfectly normal explanation (and keep secret)

Our military’s rule is no man left behind.

You would think if a race of humanoids that lost a ship and kindred, they would be anxious to recover everything.

To me the is the biggest hole in the Roswell crash.

There just can not be just one ship.

I would assume the humanoids would clean up their mess, unless the Roswell crashed ship was trying to escape from something worse that is unknown to earth people.

Frankly, a technology which is as crashy as the Roswell UFO isn’t really all that good. What you need to be back-engineering is something that doesn’t crash.

All technologies fail; it's just a question of how often. We don't know what the total amount of interplanetary/interdimensional/interwhatever traffic in our neighborhood is. Perhaps what we're finding are the one-in-a-billion instances where THEIR search-and-rescue can't locate the victims for some reason.

Alternatively, maybe interwhatever travel is so difficult and risky that even the most advanced visitors never perfect it beyond the safety level that our wooden ships achieved during the Age of Sail.

Finally, in light of my "Beavis-and-Butthead" hypothesis, it may be that the crashes we find are produced by alien visitors who function on a level several standard deviations below the norm for their kind: you know, the sort of people, who, if they were human, would never maintain their jalopy, and when their transmission falls out in the middle of the Mojave Desert, would stand around kicking the tires and bickering until they die of thirst.

Human disinformation campaigns do seem like a better explanation for the Roswell phenomenon, but we should not assume that nonhuman visitors would automatically share our notions of safety and competence.

Note: Edited for grammar.

Last edited:
The Browne account does not add up as a military situation. Why would someone assigned to duties as a cook suddenly be pressed, among all the other human resources available, to guard a top secret recovered artefact?
If someone was doing a disinformation campaign and wanted someone to see something in the specific intent of having them blab, then a lowly cook, unaccustomed to secrecy protocols, seems like a likely choice.
Not only that, as has been pointed out, Roswell did not receive much attention until it was revived in the 70s. That's a lot of time for people to confuse, conflate and make associations in memories long since considered inconsequential.
I think the sensitivities of the time, the paranoia and hostilities, all add up to a perfect situation for misinformation, disinformation and psyops.
Some people in specific positions were obviously manipulated and the situation since then has only been muddied further by more advanced versions of these same tactics.
While recent evidence has certainly made clear that there are objects that appear to be physical that exhibit truly unexplained characteristics, no downed alien craft story actually stands up to scrutiny. I think the recovered wreckage stories are far more likely to be actual military ops, whereas the likes of the F-18 HUD footage is the opposite end of the spectrum into the actual unexplained.
My tuppence.

Frankly, a technology which is as crashy as the Roswell UFO isn’t really all that good. What you need to be back-engineering is something that doesn’t crash.
Hypothetical negative energy technology may be extremely unstable. If matter with negative inertia exists in any usable form, that would allow the construction of highly efficient propellant-less propulsion; however negative inertia would also require great care when steering the craft. In particular if you exert a force upon a mass with negative inertia, it moves towards you, rather than away from you. And if you pull it, the mass would move in the opposite direction. As you can imagine that makes course adjustments somewhat problematic.. To turn left you would need to steer right, and vice versa.

No wonder they crash.

Back