• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Is The Whole Truth About The Notre-Dame Cathedral Fire Being Presented?

Oh dear @bob61. Look again - I've quoted from two and I actually read more widely.

You have a PM from earlier today which you have yet to reply to. Please do this asap.

Frideswide

i'm not sure which one your referring too , i thought i got all my pm's earlier today

i their is no such thing as moderate / extreme or radical islam , it's a tactic in islam called taqiyya ( deception & lying ) not hearsay , it's a fact that i learned myself from an ex - muslim from the philippines & can be found in the quran itself i know cause i looked it up .

With respect to you and your opinions I beg to differ.

I know plenty of 'moderate' or 'nominal' Muslims, mostly from the south Asian countries like India, Bangladesh etc.,. And they have no problem with my Christian faith, or my husband's Hindu tradition. Some are so close as to be almost a second family and there have been occasions when they have called out other Muslims when they denigrated or questioned us being their friends/family.

The UK is a lot more 'integrated' than the US, and given our smaller land size and island location we kind of have no choice but to get to know each other. It's not perfect but it's as near to a good functioning society as I've seen anywhere in my travels.

I think there are as many 'nominal' or 'cultural' Muslims (ie, celebrate major festivals etc but don't practise or attend mosque) as there are 'Christmas, Easter, weddings and funerals' Christians.

I also dislike and will speak up about stupid extremism, but that website you have quoted from is as extreme as Islamist website. Two sides of the same coin IMO

There is an article on the BBC, where they talk to a guy who was playing the organ when the fire broke out.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-47954442/i-was-playing-at-mass-when-the-fire-started

The-Phantom-of-the-Opera-1925-the-phantom-of-the-opera-24673114-477-317.jpg

lol , just because you read 1 article doesn't mean that you spend time on the website , i'm sorry but it's true . as for posting more on the subject i'll just pass , taking some advice from a new friend here at ff .
Very wise bob, we have members here with Muslim family members and people from all sorts of other backgrounds which is why admin and mods ask us to avoid politics and religion .. that way we can all concentrate on dick and fart jokes instead ;)

A simple and doubtless silly question but what is actually burning? I thought cathedrals were largely made of stone? Or are the roof tiles made of something flammable?

not to mention the members who are muslim.

My wife Samantha and I are honorary Muslims.

She's on her knees religiously, five times a day, and I do my best, too--although at my age I often struggle to get up again.

On the dietary prohibitions, I confess, we have had less success. I don't mind revealing that I'm pretty hot in the kitchen and Sam has an insatiable appetite. With the best will in the world, we both know that she has only to catch a whiff of my tenderloin before she's begging for a taste.

Wood framework holding up the roof.

this ^ and sometimes a timber frame work around which the stone building we see has been created. Whci means that the fire can go deep into pillars and so on..... :(

She's on her knees religiously, five times a day, and I do my best, too--although at my age I often struggle to get up again.

On the dietary prohibitions, I confess, we have had less success. I don't mind revealing that I'm pretty hot in the kitchen and Sam has an insatiable appetite. With the best will in the world, we both know that she has only to catch a whiff of my tenderloin before she's begging for a taste.
Do you have any idea how dirty that sounds ? lol

I'm sorry I don't have a clue what you're on about..

Too early to judge, IMHO. It wouldn't be surprised to find it was a terrorist act, but I equally wouldn't be surprised if it was incompetence. There was a report somewhere today - sorry, I'm very tired and can't remember where - that there were no fire alarms in the roof because - um - the wiring might have set fire to the roof. Which takes into Spike Milligan logic again.

That's in no way a criticism of dear Spike - his way of looking at the world was unique, hilarious, and quite frequently wilfully anarchic and provocative. RIP, SM, I at least thought you might have been a bit green about the gills. And you did stay away from The Canal.

And you lot immediatly above can I just say it's 9 years since anyone was interested in my tenderloin and I'm jealous.

And my spelling checker seems to have become dyslexic.

Last edited:
Which takes into Spike Milligan logic again.

That's in no way a criticism of dear Spike - his way of looking at the world was unique, hilarious, and quite frequently wilfully anarchic and provocative.

I miss him. I reread the poems every few years :D

You are Sven and I claim this week's prize - the handy addition to any Tyrolese farmer's equipment, a solid pine goat-rack.

the French government is saying that no one was onsite at the cathedral when it went up in flames ,THATS A LIE ..... the French government is telling it’s citizens “ there’s nothing to see here folks “ ...... then how do they explain the man in white Muslim attire in the video , what was he doing ? too see the video go to www.barenakedislam.com , you can clearly see a man in white Muslim attire

Of course, if you look at the higher-resolution footage of the same scene, you'll see... a white helmet and high-vis jacket (either emergency services or worker helping the fire crews).

the colours are becuase it's night with a very bright thing close by?

i find it amazing that while the embers were still hot that the you know who said " theres nothing to look at here folks , it was an accident " , REALLY . sounds like they are appeasing to a certain group of people or it's a cover up . which one is it ? didn't even wait long enough to fake an investigation . don't be shocked if a mosque goes up instead of them re-building notre dame again .

i find it amazing that while the embers were still hot that the you know who said " theres nothing to look at here folks , it was an accident " ,REALLY . sounds like they are appeasing to a certain group of people or it's a cover up . which one is it ? didn't even wait long enough to fake an investigation . don't be shocked if a mosque goes up instead of them re-building notre dame again .

I'm determined that a Temple of Loki will replace Notre Dame.

pick up a copy of this book , " THE MOSQUE OF NOTRE DAME " by elena chudinova . although it's a novel by a russian writer it is the future of western europe .

Last edited:
Oh dear! @bob61..... still not answered your PMs and still on the same loop.

Frides

I'm determined that a Temple of Loki will replace Notre Dame.

Notre Dame is probably on the site of a previous early church, which was probably on some pagan site, so you may not be far off. It may have its origins on the site of a shrine to Freya, who I believe was the local earth mother. Tout ca change.

Last edited:
Notre Dame is probably on the site of a previous early church, which was probably on some pagan site, so you may not be far off. It may have it's origins on the site of a shrine to Freya, who I believe was the local earth mother. Tout ca change.

Why would the Gauls worship a Norse goddess?
There's evidence that Notre Dame was built on the site of a Temple to Jupiter from when the Romans occupied Gaul. Before that, who knows - wouldn't surprise me if the Romans deliberately built over a site sacred to the Parisii.

Why would the Gauls worship a Norse goddess?
There's evidence that Notre Dame was built on the site of a Temple to Jupiter from when the Romans occupied Gaul. Before that, who knows - wouldn't surprise me if the Romans deliberately built over a site sacred to the Parisii.

Or whoever the Celts or their predecessors relied on, I was responding to Temple of Loki. It's too far south for the norse. But there was something there that the Romans built over. There has to be a book on this.

Back