• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Is The Whole Truth About The Notre-Dame Cathedral Fire Being Presented?

The last vids, the flash looks like from a mirror
Could it be a magnifying glass?

Watch it Tribble, a Mod loves you, that is not as good as it sounds :p

It was a very good scenario tho :D

@Frideswide could be as it was a smallish flash

[This post being left as a Warning to the Curious :) Frides]

o.k , now that i'm off my second ban which took all of maybe 10 minutes after getting off my first ban ( i wonder if that's some kind of record here at ff ) . i've been warned & basically told i was a bad boy , lol . i know that any criticism or any hint of truth is strictly forbidden here at the forums about a certain subject is strictly forbidden . frid is now following me , i know it's not because she has a crush on me but that she wants too keeps tabs on me , that's o.k frid i understand . anyway i wont have anything more to say about the subject so that should make the ff gods happy ( i'm talking too you frid , yith & so on ) . i think a healthy criticism of any religion is good wether islam , christian , buddhist , whatever . but i understand & i'll abide even though i dont like it

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that I read a wide variety of "news" :p and I am NOT a Fail on Line reader even though I read it every day :puke2:

Please note that I read a wide variety of "news" :p and I am NOT a Fail on Line reader even though I read it every day :puke2:
Yeah, I do a bit of Daily Mail now and again. I could give up any time I want to. I just don't want to.

i liked this bit "in no way could a cigarette butt be the cause of the fire at Notre Dame."

No, in Every way could a cigarette butt be the cause of the fire at Notre Dame.

Yeah, I do a bit of Daily Mail now and again. I could give up any time I want to. I just don't want to.

i liked this bit "in no way could a cigarette butt be the cause of the fire at Notre Dame."

No, in Every way could a cigarette butt be the cause of the fire at Notre Dame.
That contracting firm is going bust after all this. They've just held up their hands and admitted they caused it!

So someone who was fixing it up, burnt it down, idiots, it can burn things down, they can smoulder for days

I feel it's in the "contributory negligence" category. Would anyone have had insurance to cover the breaking of agreed rules? Can you insure against your builders?

Sometimes and accident is just an accident, and incompetence is just incompetence.

And boy! Do we see enough of that in the construction/refurbishment industry. Point to remember our industry here in the U.K. is very heavily regulated and we still have fires, Windsor being one of only many. Some of the old buildings I have worked on, such as the Guildhall in London and the city school of music on the Thames close to Blackfriars are really just stone boxes full of tinder. If a fire breaks out on a modern construction site the materials we use tend to have some fire resistance and the problem can be resolved quickly and without too much damage. In very old buildings undergoing refurbishment a fire can catch hold and grow very very quickly.

People are missing the truth that the Eiffel Tower Death Ray caused the fire.

fark_bhrZPgl1-Z39HyqhJ89cyW2Xm88.jpg

Point to remember our industry here in the U.K. is very heavily regulated and we still have fires, Windsor being one of only many.

I had completely forgotten the Windsor fire! :actw:

Was she Julie Andrews?, just thought of The Sound of Music and the clothes made of curtains and imagined the Queen wearing them

My Mum's friend (now deceased) made the curtains that caught fire at Windsor (she worked for the Queen as the Queen's dressmaker).

That's enough for the Brush With Fame thread - can't remember the name of it now - and I think you should include it there.

Was she Julie Andrews?, just thought of The Sound of Music and the clothes made of curtains and imagined the Queen wearing them

Also Gone With The Wind and Scarlett wearing the green curtains!

No.
Julie Andrews is still alive anyway.

Back