• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Is There Likely To Be An UnCon In The Near Future?

Have to say that the final talk was about as nutty and farfetched as I've ever heard. TOTALLY what I go there for. :cool:

It was about Dogmen, one of which was observed out in the open eating a German shepherd dog. Near Hull.

I was entranced. Half-expected a Dogman to burst in through the door, snarl at the screaming audience and eat the speaker. :)

Morning escargot who was the speaker for that.
Just starting to get into the dogmen thing I’ve been reading/listening to some of the podcasts etc

Morning escargot who was the speaker for that.
Just starting to get into the dogmen thing I’ve been reading/listening to some of the podcasts etc
It was Jamie Atkinson.

I'm hoping to make it, and like you am fairly local, but it's our son's birthday that weekend and we may be away.

Have to say that the final talk was about as nutty and farfetched as I've ever heard. TOTALLY what I go there for. :cool:

It was about Dogmen, one of which was observed out in the open eating a German shepherd dog. Near Hull.

I was entranced. Half-expected a Dogman to burst in through the door, snarl at the screaming audience and eat the speaker. :)
I thought we weren't to mention politics....

Scargie has volunteered to do a talk about the ghosts of Crewe, but she may be talking out of her arse
Like what she saw in the library...

transformation-ghostbusters.gif

It wouldn't even need to be an 'official convention' as such. Could just be an informal get-together of interested souls. I am sure that the resulting conversations would be edifying (and free).

It wouldn't even need to be an 'official convention' as such. Could just be an informal get-together of interested souls. I am sure that the resulting conversations would be edifying (and free).
might be an idea to open up a separate thread to call for ideas and see if we could get something set up see how the wind is blowing ect

Morning skargy thanks for that
Jamie is well up on his subject. I asked him about the Dogheaded Men and he knew all about that too.
We had a brief discussion of how Anubis, formerly known as the Jackal-Headed God, is now believed to have actually been more dog-featured.

My brother told me when we were children that he saw two Dogheaded Men walking down the street near our home. I didn't mention that to Jamie as he'd've been so excited, he might have swallowed me whole on the spot.

Why not have the next Unconvention as a remote viewing experience? That way, all participants can claim they had a satisfactory target hit for the event.
Hey! I may be a cynic but at least I wouldn’t charge them for it.

Oh and Suzi Quatro should be the host.

Jamie is well up on his subject. I asked him about the Dogheaded Men and he knew all about that too.
We had a brief discussion of how Anubis, formerly known as the Jackal-Headed God, is now believed to have actually been more dog-featured.
There was also the God Seth, considered to be the god of war (like Montu), chaos, storms, deserts and foreigners His head was a bizarre combination of human body, long (usually red) hair, long square-tipped ears and a weird down curving snout like an aardvark. His 'day' is from sunset to sunrise on the third day of the second month of the Perit season.
1700997690058.png

Why not have the next Unconvention as a remote viewing experience? That way, all participants can claim they had a satisfactory target hit for the event.
Hey! I may be a cynic but at least I wouldn’t charge them for it.

Oh and Suzi Quatro should be the host.
Isn't remote viewing another term for a Zoom meeting?

Why not have the next Unconvention as a remote viewing experience?
There would probably be space for both a Forteana Forum Members indoor popup palace and a Fortean Times corporate castle within 'The Dome' at next year's physically-in-person Weird Weekend North 2024

Remote viewing (whether via the æthereal ether or the almost-in-real-life internetwork) has, of course, an everlasting value as a mode (one version occasionally works better than the other) but: there are times when any coven, tribe, pack or church really needs to scratch its crosses & pentas upon a common physical ground, and to witness the mystifying rituals in person.

Sometimes the crystal skulls and pork pies need to be really in your hands, and not just on a screen....
1404a4_094fd322518e4e7b8436b35afdc370d5.jpg

ps not forgetting the presence of guest demigods
Screenshot_20231127_063939_Chrome.jpg

I went to the first 2 or 3 back in the 90s, I really wish the talks had all been filmed and made available to re watch. theres some id like to watch again.
Some of the early ones were recorded on audio and some of the later ones were recorded on video by the CFZ and are available on YouTube. A search for CFZ UnCon brings up 11 videos.

ill have to try that search, I did a quick search earlier and I only found one from 2010 the Dr Who talk.
Is ken Campbells talk about pidgin English (can't remember that actual title) available to watch or listen too?
im not very good at finding stuff on you tube as I barely use it due to my almost deafness

ill have to try that search, I did a quick search earlier and I only found one from 2010 the Dr Who talk.
Is ken Campbells talk about pidgin English (can't remember that actual title) available to watch or listen too?
im not very good at finding stuff on you tube as I barely use it due to my almost deafness
I don't think it is. All of the speakers gave their permission so some were not recorded. You should be able to use automatically generated subtitles.

I met my future wife at the one which had Rat Scabies, appearing with his great book about the search for the Holy Grail. :)
I went to the first 2 or 3 back in the 90s, I really wish the talks had all been filmed and made available to re watch. theres some id like to watch again.
I treasure a video I have that was amateur produced of a sci-fi convention called Armadacon back 'in the day'. One great re-watch is a Q&A with Ed Bishop.

I still have one of the ticket badges lurking in my tin of things. and one of those free photos given from a fun photo shoot (oh gods I though I looked good at the time, but my hair cut was shit) lol

Back