• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Is This An Ancient God?

MrSnowman

Abominable Snowman
I'm thinking of a being with the head of a dog and the body of a fish. I'm not getting mixed up with Oannes either. I'm really quite stumped and can't seem to find anything on Google.. it does seem to have an old Babylonian edge to it though.

Not thinking of the Merlion?

In which case, no, it's not. It's a marketing design from the 70s I think.[/url]

Maybe you got a little confused and meant the Goat-Fish god of long ago and whiles past?

Aigipan (Aegipan) as he was known to the Greeks (amongst others) - Kunaxa to the Assyrians - has many different myths associated with him, but is primarily remembered for being the original "Capricorn" sign.

Sorry if i'm off the money on this one, just your description made me think of him straight away.

1 edit for spelling

THanks for the suggestions chaps, but it's definitely something with a dog's head and the body of a fish.

Perhaps my memory's playing tricks on me here slightly, and I'm getting it mixed up with a cartoon/comic that I've seen or something which I've drawn in the past. It's still going to bother me, regardless. :?

Aren't Oannes and Nommo pretty much the same thing...? Either way, both are anthropoid and not dog-headed AFAIK.

Hmm.. from one of those pages, I suppose it could be Proteus, seeing as he can take on any form! ;)

Nah, what I'm thinking of is quite a specific form. Mind you, I suppose I could go out on a limb and say it could be a horse's head or cow's head.. Just dog-like in shape.

I think further (and probably fruitless) research is to follow, as I get the impression that I'm barking up the wrong tree ;)

Im thinking hippocampus
images (2).jpeg

Back