• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Is This An Occult Symbol?

Sitting at a desk in the library and I see this scrawled beside me.
Whatever it means, it's definitely 'not catharism'!

Attachments

• 2016-01-26 13.13.35.jpg
    2016-01-26 13.13.35.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 42
I think it means 'love is greater than everything else'.

Love is greater than sex which is greater than Hydrogen? (not sure of this) which is greater than money which is greater than Christianity which is greater than Judaism which is greater or equal to Nazism which is greater or equal to something indistinct which is NOT cathartic or Dollars.

Not very cryptic or informative. :confused:

...which is greater or equal to something indistinct...

I believe it may be a crude attempt at the star and crescent moon symbol associated with Islam. It would kind of make sense given the presence of the cross and the Star of David in the same sequence.

Yeah, pretty sure that it's the handiwork of a bored nerd and not an occultist. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

I just looked at it and thought "I've seen this somewhere before". It was so familiar, the sword, the 13 etc. Then I realised that I had seen this thread before, forgotten about it and then rediscovered it.:oops:

I found this symbol while walking the dog. It was on a gate leading into woodland. We're a bit provincial round here and our yoofs don't go in much for tagging. I'm sure it has a prosaic explanation but I can't think of one.

image.jpg
You say the gate led into woodland. Were you in a field? If so, could it be a farmers mark?
The 13 may be the amount of livestock in the field. The C may refer to the type: in this case Cattle.
The 'blade' of the 'sword' may be a failed attempt to draw a box, due to wind and flexibility of the board?

I found this symbol while walking the dog. It was on a gate leading into woodland. We're a bit provincial round here and our yoofs don't go in much for tagging. I'm sure it has a prosaic explanation but I can't think of one.

image.jpg
Are there any landowners who host shooting parties for rich toffs in your neck of the woods? Could be a marker to indicate a shooting point, although in my experience they're usually bespoke plastic signs fixed to wooden stakes driven into the ground (and are normally placed illegally close to footpaths - grrr, don't get me started! :mad:). It doesn't look like one I've ever seen, but it's a possibility.

I still reckon it's just a doodle done by someone passing by to mystify anyone who happens to stumble upon it, I can recall doing similar doodles, especially symbols when I was a teenager. Nothing strikes me as occult about it. If I had to I would say firstly it's a nothing symbol, or secondly it's a mundane sign maker for something local such as underground maintenance or planning.

You say the gate led into woodland. Were you in a field? If so, could it be a farmers mark?
The 13 may be the amount of livestock in the field. The C may refer to the type: in this case Cattle.

No it's not farmland and there are no livestock, just rabbits, badgers the occasional deer and just the once I swear I saw a boar.

Are there any landowners who host shooting parties for rich toffs in your neck of the woods?
No toffs and shooting in this area strictly verboten (some deer culling may go on but I seriously doubt it). As a shooting point it would be seriously poor.

Many thanks for the suggestions and opinions.

I'd love to think it is occult but is so secret that those who embrace the mysteries are denying it ;)

It seems to have become an Rorschach ink blot, so keep em coming!

I'd be tempted to draw it back again. Screw with their heads a bit.
This, is just utterly inspired!! Stand for election to Parliament, I'd vote for you!

If a redraw doesn't work, bleach it into a mile-wide hill mural, facing where you saw the original. Just needs buckets, mops, rope, loudhailer, ten helpers, a weekend, and a fast car.

Do any military re-enactors meet where you found this symbol? People into collecting military ephemera and re-enacting in full uniform take their hobby really seriously. I'll have to look it up to be sure, but this looks like a WW2 German Army tactical insignia: the flag on top of a square denotes a radio/signals unit. People into WW2 re-enactment go so far as to collect period vehicles, or to build appropriate replicas on modern chassis. In keeping with authentic military practice, the tac signs would be chalked or painted up by event marshals at a meet to say, for instance, "Number Thirteen Signals Company, park your vehicles in this field". In which case, i'd expect there to be a few other baffling-to-outsiders symbols elsewhere in the general area. just a thought, and probably dead wrong!

Saw a car yesterday with a couple of symbols on the back. One was the sign at the bottom right at the point of the 'Peicho' variant.
11646427-occult-ancient-magic-symbol-element.jpg

The other was similar to Leo below.
zodiac+symbols%252C+planets.gif

I'd never seen these on a car before. The vehicle was a stock marine blue suburban mum's hatchback, but with these two large bold white sigils either side of the number plate. I suppose they were for protection? Wish I'd thought to take a photo.

Perhaps like the two Hebrew (or more likely Arabic) script symbols on tbe bottom-left of this 'Israeli' license plate, for sale on eBay?
$_3.JPG

They weren't on the number plate but either side of it near the tail lights. They might have been Hebrew characters for all I know.

Saw a car yesterday with a couple of symbols on the back.

Skinny, the first symbol looks somewhat Enochian or Celestial, though I can't find an exact match. Since the example image you posted is surrounded by alchemical and enochian symbols and the only exact matches I've found (in a quick google search at least) seem to turn up on other angelic sigils, I'd say there's a chance the symbol is from that realm.

A similar symbol appears on the chariot tarot card, on the driver's tunic, which is covered with alchemical symbols.
image.jpeg

The card is associated with the sign of cancer, though, not leo, so I'm going to assume that leo was the driver's astrological sign.

Sorry I can't provide a meaning. Hopefully someone who knows more about alchemy or angelic magic than I do will tell us.

Skinny, the first symbol looks somewhat Enochian or Celestial, though I can't find an exact match. Since the example image you posted is surrounded by alchemical and enochian symbols and the only exact matches I've found (in a quick google search at least) seem to turn up on other angelic sigils, I'd say there's a chance the symbol is from that realm.

A similar symbol appears on the chariot tarot card, on the driver's tunic, which is covered with alchemical symbols.
View attachment 1949
The card is associated with the sign of cancer, though, not leo, so I'm going to assume that leo was the driver's astrological sign.

Sorry I can't provide a meaning. Hopefully someone who knows more about alchemy or angelic magic than I do will tell us.
I think the Chariot card of the Taroh deck symbolizes the complete cosmological framework of our earthly existence. For example, the chariot symbolizes the square earth. The Sphinxes represent the pillars that hold up the sky, Boaz and the one I forgot. The blue canopy represents the blue sky. The driver represents the sun, which is under the blue sky. Yes I said under the sky. Now this next bit of info is very, very important. If the blue canopy represents the sky, why is background yellow. "We all live in a yellow submarine."

I think Ermintrude's IOF Control Description signs on page one come closest to the answer. It obviously means that -- er -- there's a bend (the "handgrip") at the foot (vertical line and tiny crossmark just above the square) of the road (diagonal in the upper left), and there are 13 meters (or acres or hectares) separating the road and a thicket (lower right corner).

Actually, it all looks like something I'd draw to see if my marker was still working. ("Hmm. Makes a curve -- and a line -- and a square -- and little crossmarks for t's -- Does it flow well if I'm trying to color something in?" [makes hatchmarks]). Maybe I'm just used to evil inkpens that will happily write most letters but balk at producing a cross for a T or a small "o". (And you'll rip the paper if you keep trying to run it back and forth in the tiny space of a T-crossbar.)

Saw a car yesterday with a couple of symbols on the back. One was the sign at the bottom right at the point of the 'Peicho' variant.
11646427-occult-ancient-magic-symbol-element.jpg

The other was similar to Leo below.
zodiac+symbols%252C+planets.gif

I'd never seen these on a car before. The vehicle was a stock marine blue suburban mum's hatchback, but with these two large bold white sigils either side of the number plate. I suppose they were for protection? Wish I'd thought to take a photo.

Closer to home, as far as I'm concerned, is this disturbing evidence of occult goings-on at our local shopping centre:

busstoppentagramsFTMB20pc.png

:eek:

Back