• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Is This An Occult Symbol?

Pierre Menard, Author Of The Quixote?
I'd read about this, then forgotten almost entirely. Thanks for the well-timed reminder! No, I just said in jest that I might've written it, in a fuge state (but without any real belief in my heart or my head that I had)

The collective unconscious? Or if you want to be more esoteric, the Akashic records?
Not sure of what the source might be (I must presume circular internalisms, rather than genuine external insights, but...)

If I ever do sleep-surf, it's only tiny frustrating fragments that I half-remember. Lost in the light of morning.

I do know that it's been (on two or three occasions?) consistently yellow-on-black text....large font (embarrasingly, as if it were one of those stupid Holywood 'computer' shots), an unseen large keyboard and no mouse. All totally-unlike anything I'd ever use at home or work. Also, I'm standing, and not being able to see the screen properly (inevitably).

@Ulalume , when you say
The things found there can be very strange, creative, and sometimes prescient...
...do you mean facts/information? All interesting stuff...

The Akashic Records are mentioned by Edgar Cayce on numerous occasions. I think he mentions the Akashics when going back to Atlantis in his dream state to tell the story of man's past and future. You will the first person that I know that have accessed the Akashic. It should be very exciting.

@Elsupremo please note, although it would be fascinating and terrifying to know I've ever accessed anything (other than my own sleeping subconscious) there's no certainty at all that I have. But I shall, as us all, as ever, sleep, perchance to dream...

Not sure of what the source might be (I must presume circular internalisms, rather than genuine external insights, but...)

If I ever do sleep-surf, it's only tiny frustrating fragments that I half-remember. Lost in the light of morning.

I do know that it's been (on two or three occasions?) consistently yellow-on-black text....large font (embarrasingly, as if it were one of those stupid Holywood 'computer' shots), an unseen large keyboard and no mouse. All totally-unlike anything I'd ever use at home or work. Also, I'm standing, and not being able to see the screen properly (inevitably).

@Ulalume , when you say
The things found there can be very strange, creative, and sometimes prescient...
...do you mean facts/information? All interesting stuff...

I get what you're saying, Emintrude. The computer files imagery is similar for me, too, though I find it hard to describe as a visual representation. It seems to be masses of compressed information, chatter, news, all within and on top of each other. Sometimes things come through as a distinct "message" though - once a poem about death from some celebrity I didn't know had died, once a certain person's dream about a particular woman, who I would only later learn he was in love with, information about musical tones and their effect on the human body, etc.

Once, amusingly, a guru appeared there that I did not recognize, but later when I told a friend, the friend recognized him. To quote the friend: "Dude! I know that guy, that's Leonard!" At which I nearly fell over laughing. (Leonard the Guru? Really?) Until I googled Leonard the guru and found out, OMG, that was the guy. (Leonard Orr, founder of rebirthing, who I'd never heard of previously).

Also bits of things that would end up in tomorrow's newspaper, but nothing of earth-shattering importance.

The dream library is more interesting, as the books it contains seem to have depth and meaning that is not accesible by logic. Most are illustrated, some are beautiiful, some are disturbing. A few titles I remember are "the meaning of vines and leaves" "how to hide in the rain", one about how wild cats blend into the forest (not just camouflage, but actually become part of the landscape), maps of places that don't exist on this plane, etc.

I've attemped to try to recreate some things I've seen there, but of course I'm nowhere near a good enough artist to even begin to capture it. I have the vision, but don't have the skill or "the muse" to help.
Anyway, here are a couple of things that I've tried to recreate from the dream library

Sorry about the large size , I had to link from photobucket.

ourladyofdeadanddyingleaves2.jpg

Unfinished painting of "our lady of the dead and dying leaves". She's a godess who oversees the death of leaves in Autumn. (the painting is quite large, so it was hard to photograph and you can't see all of it. She's standing on a hill wearing an ankle length dress, anyway)

notafr12.jpg

This one, the flame the girl is holding is meant to represent the letter yod (not to be a yod, mind you, but what the yod represents in the unpronouncable name of the Hebrew god. ) There are letters in the roots and branches of the trees.

bloodymary.jpg

"white Mary", bloody Mary's sister. She also lives in the mirror, along with her sister, but is rarely spoken of, according to the dream book. She wears a white veil over her face.

There are others with more obvious occult symbology taken from the dream library but I won't display them here for personal reasons.

This all might be meaningless, but I suppose it indicates (for the purposes of this thread) that some occult symbols might be more "homegrown" as opposed to classical.

Something similar happens to me sometimes, too, searching this massive dream library or a vast network of computer files for information. The things found there can be very strange, creative, and sometimes prescient...

Must be a modern dream meme as I have similar but mine are an alien library / AI that has full info about all history past present and future. There's a novel in there somewhere.

It may be a sign used to indicate a geocache.
You know, that treasure hunting lark some adults do when they get bored.
I am a Geocacher - that is definitely not a symbol used by us.

It looks to me like an upside-down Saturn symbol on top. The number 13 is the Reaper card in the tarot which is also Saturnian. Not sure about the grid or the line opposite it, but in some tarots there is a grid above the Priestess which denotes protection. As does Saturn, come to think of it.

24d92fe2a3db085e21dfdecf04827330.jpg

Last edited:
Saturn is rumored to have been our original sun ☀️ Later it was called the black sun or invisible sun. In the Far East this black sun was popularly believed to be the object that eclipses the sun during a solar eclipse. It's also called the invisible sun because it's only visible when it eclipses the visible sun. This god's name is Rahu. According to Google Images, that is the symbol for Saturn. Didn't the rock group "The Police" have a song called "Invisible Sun"?

Do you have a link for that? A source of information?
Thanks.
Just go on YouTube and search "Was Saturn once our sun" There are a number of interesting videos. Very bizarre also. Remember that I did use the word "rumored"

I found this weird symbol drawn into the grime on my van a couple of days ago
2017-07-13 23.03.57.jpg

"And You" (? from '+u', perhaps).

The lower symbol is oddly-drawn. It's a straight down-strike, followed by a capital 'M', over-scribed with a swept flourish. So, left-to-right, then back to the start, enscore.

As shapes, I see a head wearing a top-hat above a pair of conical Madonna breasts, with a right-arm wielding a knife.

Or maybe just an upper body of an assassin
2017-07-13 23.21.24.jpg

Last edited:
I found this weird symbol drawn into the grime on my van a couple of days ago.

Looks like nothing I've seen in my experience. No need to to start worrying but if we went down the occult route of origin... Because of where it's been traced if it were an occult symbol it would most likely be a cursing sigil (e.g. van = crash/business failure), and such a sigil would be designed and abstracted by someone who could have chosen to use any letters to indicate their own unique idea or result making such symbols almost impossible to decipher. It's could just be some kids crude tag though.

If you get worried about what it is you could trace a blocking sigil directly above it and then after it's been traced clean away the old symbol.

I found this weird symbol drawn into the grime on my van a couple of days ago. It doesn't look accidental, plus it was parked away from any thoroughfare where passing hands could brush alongside the vehicle.
View attachment 5159

It actually looks more like an occult symbol if you turn it upside-down.

I see an upper-case W above an Ankh with a fish alongside: someone is accusing you of being a Christian W-ankher.

The 'M' part looks a bit like a Virgo symbol, from astrology. In reverse. ...

The closest match I've been able to find is a horizontally-reversed Virgo symbol. I've not been able to locate even a highly stylized Virgo symbol absolutely identical to this particular mark.

The inverted hooked cross most closely resembles the 'Cross of Questioning' that served as Blue Oyster Cult's logo in their early days - again, reversed (horizontally; left-to-right).

http://symboldictionary.net/?p=1544

Are you sure the posted image hasn't been reversed?

Alternatively ...

Do you have any dyslexic punks in your neighborhood?

Last edited:
the 'Cross of Questioning' that served as Blue Oyster Cult's logo in their early days -
Yes, that's a blast from the past. And why did Blue Öyster Cult have that symbol marked upon Nazi Me262 fighter jets on their album covers?

73_secret_treaties.jpg

Are you sure the posted image hasn't been reversed?
Note that most of the 'grain of the grime' is consistent-aligned with a left-to-right enscribement (excepting the odd extra overlaid cursive downstroke near the start)

Yes, that's a blast from the past. And why did Blue Öyster Cult have that symbol marked upon Nazi Me262 fighter jets on their album covers? ...

I don't know that the Me-262 image held any significance beyond being a cool and relatively obscure visual element that insinuated (e.g.) machine-age power.

ME262 (Secret Treaties / Flaming Telepaths)
Göring's on the phone from Freiburg
Says "Willie's done quite a job"
Hitler's on the phone from Berlin
Says "I'm gonna make you a star"
My Captain Von Ondine is your next patrol
A flight of English bombers across the canal
After twelve they'll all be here
I think you know the job
They hung there dependent from the sky
Like some heavy metal fruit
These bombers are ripe and ready to tilt
Must these Englishmen live that I might die
Must they live that I might die
In a G-load disaster from the rate of climb
Sometimes I'd faint and be lost to our side
But there's no reward for failure - but death
So watch me in mirrors keep in the glidepath
Get me through these radars, no, I cannot fail
While my great silver slugs are eager to feed
I can't fail, no, not now
When twenty five bombers wait ripe
They hung there dependant from the sky
ME-262 prince of turbojet
Junkers Jumo 004
Blasts from clustered R4M quartets in my snout
And see these English planes go burn
Well, you be my witness, how red were the skies
When the fortresses flew for the very last time
It was dark over Westphalia
In April of '45
They hung there dependant from the sky
Junkers Jumo 004 bombers at 12 o'clock high

http://whynameitthat.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/blue-oyster-cult.html
"In Greek mythology, the hook-and-cross symbol is that of Kronos (Cronus), the king of the Titans and father of Zeus. In Roman mythology, the hook-and-cross symbol represents Saturn, a less rock and roll God of agriculture and fertility. But the hook and cross symbol does resembles the Sickle, which is associated with both Kronos (Cronus) and Saturn (both the Planet and the Roman God).

It's also the alchemical symbol for lead (a heavy metal!) which fit with the heavy and distorted guitar sound of the band and encouraged the band's "heavy metal" categorization"

So: lead? Maybe?
cb017b1e79a56cbf0de6ad4797ea0a0b.jpg

Last edited:
So, is it the sign of an infestation of dyslexic proto metal punks that hung from the ceiling and that cannot spell correctly "Wash me!!" ?

Wow, where did all this come from while my back was turned and I was off doing other things... some random notes.

I suspect the occult associations came from the same place for the BÖC that fuelled Black Sabbath's association with Satanism: part of the image, the USP of the group and to build a mythos that sold concert tickets and albums. It's no accisdent that their respective managements saw a killing in the making and bundled BOC and Sab on a joint gig schedule labelled "The Black and Blue tour". The fact the group members imperfectly understood the occultism and (certainly in the case of Ozzie and Black Sab) only had an entry-level understanding didn't matter: it sold albums and got bums on seats at gigs.

Although BÖC did have a manager called Sandy Pearlman who saw the band as a means of realising his dream and giving substance to a bewilderingly incomprehensible, Lovecraft-flavoured mythos called "Imaginos" which seemed to revolve around the idea of immortal intelligences working clandestinely in the world who'd been there since Day One, manipulating human evolution and history for their own ends. A lot of the stuff in early albums - especially Secret Treaties - comes from the Imaginos cycle and is best interpreted in that light. (And I nearly wrote Illuminatus! rather than Imaginos there...)

You also get a lot of sideways oblique references to Aleister Crowley on BÖC albums - loads on Agents of Fortune, for instance.

As for the Police and occultism... Sting does publicly admit to a great interst in tantric yoga, implying an unorthodox and inquiring mind. Go to this chart single and ask why, in what seems to be a nice pleasant fatherly little ditty concerning a man's relationship with his tiny daughter, he breaks into that chant towards the end. Suggesting that the She, whose every little thing she does is Magic, is a different She working at a different level. Still there in Sting's lttle girl - but not just present in his infant daughter. Venerandum, indeed.

And the same chant is here too, in Regatta de Blanc. I have a suspicion he knew exactly what he was doing here.....

This, is just utterly inspired!! Stand for election to Parliament, I'd vote for you!

If a redraw doesn't work, bleach it into a mile-wide hill mural, facing where you saw the original. Just needs buckets, mops, rope, loudhailer, ten helpers, a weekend, and a fast car.

Crop circle -- do it as an alternative form of crop circle.

To get back to the original question: the glyph-like signs on sign and van look like the cryptic scribbles by bi-polar/schizophrenic street people in San Francisco. I used to find stuff like this all the time, sometimes photocopied and left in cafes, when I lived in SF in the 80s and 90s.

Last edited:
It says "Do not clean spuds planted" in Sanscript

Back