• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Is this totally made up, or is there a "real" reco

A

Anonymous

I found this on the Cryptozoology,com forum, posted by someone who claims to be from Scotland, and as a reply to a Bigfoot thread...:rolleyes:

It sounds utterly preposterous to me but does anyone know if there really is a story behind it, or if it was just made up on the spot?

here is interesting real incident which killed many peoples: in 1745 somewhere in england some villagers saw a big tryanasaurs kind of creature coming towards them . those villagers ran away and called archers . archers came and tried but could'nt kill that dino. and in 7 hours it killed more than 20 peoples including several archers (who came to help). that wounded trynosaur ran away in deep jungle and nobody ever saw it since that day. iam sure there must be some dinos still living in this world such as : congo, australia, some unexplored areas of amazon jungle , some parts of USA.

"Deep jungle" in England?? Well, the person who wrote that doesn't live in the Scotland that we have here in the UK. And in 1745, most "archers" (and pikesmen, and cannoneers, and swordsmen) in England would have been busy fighting off the Jacobite invasion from Scotland.
A load of testicular objects, in my opinion.

I would have thought that in 1745 they would have favoured muskets over long bows or at least a combined force of both.

: in 1745 somewhere in england some villagers saw a big tryanasaurs kind of creature coming towards them . those villagers ran away and called archers . archers came and tried but could'nt kill that dino. and in 7 hours it killed more than 20 peoples including several archers (who came to help). that wounded trynosaur ran away in deep jungle
"Deep jungle" in England??

Could it be New England maybe?

A lot of England was actually heavily wooded up to the late eighteenth century: it was the industrial revolution put paid to most of it, coupled with the population boom of the 19th Century which led to forest clearence to make way for agricultural land.

In 1745, quite a bit of England was relatively sparsely populated, but you'd have thought someone would have noticed a tyrannosaur before it got to full maturity; besides, soemthing like that would have definitely have passed into folklore currency..

You're probably right about the 'heavily wooded' aspect. However, going back to the original message, the language is highly suspect. Nobody living in Scotland would talk about 18thC England having 'deep jungle' and 'archers'. He's clearly talking porkies when he claims to be from Scotland, so his message can't be trusted.

Annasdottir said:
You're probably right about the 'heavily wooded' aspect. However, going back to the original message, the language is highly suspect. Nobody living in Scotland would talk about 18thC England having 'deep jungle' and 'archers'. He's clearly talking porkies when he claims to be from Scotland, so his message can't be trusted.

Agree completely. Who posted it on "Crypto" in the first place?

Taking into consideration the Nessie industry, if this were true, or even just a well known myth, there would be wee tartan-clad stylee arrow-bedecked T-Rex toys on the shelves of every gift shop in Scotland/England/wherever. :)

There is an equally dubious report somewhere about a Pterodactyl
found alive, encased in rock, when workers were digging a Swiss
railway tunnel in the 1890s. :eek:

I remember that one. It seemed at the time so amazing, would certainly have been quite a wonder. But apparently it was a hoax. I can't remember the details, but apparently it was something akin to an april fools story.

on the other hand, you'd think that maybe myths about dragons and things came from somewhere...

Back