• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Is 'Vegan Meat' Just MEAT?

But...will it be as good as real meat?
Or as evil?

I don't get this whole Vegan meat thing. Vegans are people, and their meat is the same as any other person's. It all tastes like veal.
(jk, except about the veal part LINK)

Vegan crab sticks are available.

When am I going to be starving?
Disaster could strike. Crops may fail and reduce the availability of veggie food. Tinned meat still available.
Whatcha gonna do?

Disaster could strike. Crops may fail and reduce the availability of veggie food. Tinned meat still available.
Whatcha gonna do?

If tinned meat is still available, so is tinned veg. Anyway, I've always said if disaster strikes, I won't be one of the survivors. This is getting a bit grim for a discussion on food preferences, no?

Get yer finger out woman, try them & report back.

Vegan diets ‘risk insufficient intake’ of nutrient critical for brain health

The increasing popularity of plant-based and vegan diets risks lowering the intake of a nutrient critical for brain health that is mainly found in animal foods, a nutritionist has said.

Moving away from diets rich in animal products could have "unintended consequences" for the consumption of choline, according to an article in respected medical journal BMJ

The primary sources of dietary choline are found in beef, eggs, dairy products, fish and chicken.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...l-nutrient-brain-health-choline-a9084686.html

Cynically, I look at this as a “Which came first, the chicken or the egg?” scenario...

maximus otter

Get yer finger out woman, try them & report back.
Not a chance at £2.50 for 12 fingers or £4 for two packs, and they are vegan not paying that much out, I know the vegetarian fingers are delicious.
I have just purchased 2 pkts toad in the hole, they are vegetarian, trying one as soon as the bugger is cooked

Not a chance at £2.50 for 12 fingers or £4 for two packs, and they are vegan not paying that much out, I know the vegetarian fingers are delicious.
I have just purchased 2 pkts toad in the hole, they are vegetarian, trying one as soon as the bugger is cooked

Hang on - 16.666666666666666p doesn't sound exorbitant for a delicious finger.

Everything in moderation... including moderation.

No, but seriously, if you eat sensibly six days a week and treat yourself to a cake and a pizza on the seventh, I don't see the problem. But I can find or make tasty vegan food, trouble is if it's in the shops it gets snapped up pretty sharpish, it's like a vegan Bat Signal goes up whenever something that tastes nice is on sale, so it becomes a rarity and you're left with cardboard and chickpea burgers or whatever.

Always on sale M&S and waitrose. My yellow sticker diet means I buy it with a 90% discount.

I just looked up Pescatarian, seems like i am an ovo lactose one, cause i eat fish and eggs wtf, im a veggie, screw the added words

If you eat any animals - and that includes fish or other sea creatures, you are definitely not vegetarian!

Otherwise you could have people claiming to be non-smokers - except for the pipe and cigars.

If you eat any animals - and that includes fish or other sea creatures, you are definitely not vegetarian! Otherwise you could have people claiming to be non-smokers - except for the pipe and cigars.
Actually in Japan fish was considered to be a vegetable for a very long time. This related to monks keeping their vegetarianism vows. Go figure.

Back