It All Happened In A Creative Burst

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Great - weirdly it reminds me of the Subgenius Bible I got back in the 1990s. OK, that was a spoof, but it was packed with catchy slogans, taglines and mysterious imagery.

Ulalume

tart of darkness
Reaction score
Great - weirdly it reminds me of the Subgenius Bible I got back in the 1990s. OK, that was a spoof, but it was packed with catchy slogans, taglines and mysterious imagery.

Ha! Yeah, I could imagine that.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Ha! Yeah, I could imagine that.

Even though it was a spoof, it was superbly designed. It's a pity they imploded, their stuff was better than the Schwa book...

Fluttermoth

Cult of Jari
Reaction score
Just bumping this thread to show off a cake I've made; I'm not 100% happy with it, the icing's a bit bumpy, but it's the most complicated thing I've ever attempted!

DSC00052.JPG

(Like a lot of decorative cakes, a lot of it is rice crispies and marshamllow, and there's a pencil holding the horse up :chuckle: )

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Just bumping this thread to show off a cake I've made; I'm not 100% happy with it, the icing's a bit bumpy, but it's the most complicated thing I've ever attempted!

View attachment 46039

(Like a lot of decorative cakes, a lot of it is rice crispies and marshamllow, and there's a pencil holding the horse up :chuckle: )
My mum uses the ready made rice crispy squares, it's a lot less messy apparently

snapshotimagehandler_823487933.jpeg

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score

View attachment 46039

I'll have the head and a leg please.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score

View attachment 46039

That's amazing! What does the pencil taste of?

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Reaction score
Because things have been...y'know, difficult, I've been comforting myself by collaging my way through the apocalypse.
The book of the apocollage, I call it.

I only just found this. Wow! and again, wow!

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I've not been on the forums as much as I'd like as I've been trying to establish my new business, JET Repair, repairing laptops, vintage and modern amplifiers, speakers, DVD, CD, Blue Ray, VHS, computer servicing, virus removal etc etc, sadly but as expected it's slow work, I've only had one job so far since I started canvassing my new no fix, no fee flier! But I'm hopeful for my family that I can get the ball rolling and gradually pick up some loyal customers :)

But I have completed six works this year, 2 sold, my art patron in the US and I fell out, the Hindu pair were commissions by him but he pulled out after they had been completed (!) hence the falling out!

Ganesha Multimedia Altra Piece by John Hope, 02.jpg

Ganesha multimedia altar piece, scroll down for photo of lights on in the dark, I built a false back to the canvas board and push in LED lightbulbs in sem-random order, I then glued in a cover and a battery box running on x2 AA batteries.

Kali by John Hope 2021.jpg

Kali, oil on canvas (2021)

Ganesha Multimedia Altra Piece by John Hope.jpg

Shiva by John Hope 2021.jpg

Lord Shiva, oil on canvas (2021)

Dorset Troll statue by John Hope.jpg

Dorset Troll, compelete with hag stone necklace and stang staff!

Spirits in Congress, J. Hope (2021).jpg

''Spirits in Congress'', ghostly portraits

Attachments

• Ganesha Multimedia Altra Piece by John Hope.jpg
    Ganesha Multimedia Altra Piece by John Hope.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: