• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

It Happened To George: Experiences With UFOs, Haunted Houses & The Spirits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, when you boil it down, many Fortean experiences are accepted because it's the listener or experiencer's opinion that something weird is going on. If you can back it up with facts, so much the better, but as their ephemeral nature tends towards, often they don't hang around to be examined, or if they do there may not be enough information about them to make a decent decision.

But if you start cursing people who ask frankly not very difficult questions, you're on a hiding to nothing.
Did GeorgeK curse someone in his threads...? I didn't see this and indeed based on how people picked on him/made fun of him at times....I think he held up pretty well.
As I said I know a person offline who has had similar experiences to GeorgeK and they seem to function well...this person is well educated (2 degrees), so to assume there is something wrong with GeorgeK simply because of his strange experiences is really not being fair imho.

I don't think he cursed us, he simply observed we ARE cursed..... To walk in darkness. And start making our point using CAPITAL LETTERS ....

I'm trying to find some roman curses we looked at at uni. They used both "let this happen to you" and "this is how you are" as tried and trusted formulae.

As duane said ..I don't think he was 'cursing' us per se but making an observation since people were being somewhat derogatory to him.
And I do think several members here were a little rude(?) to him....and I am not going to name names or in what way they were teasing him because I think anyone who followed the thread knows what transpired.

I am an intelligent person because I am university trained...Eventually I escaped college and went to university and got my final degree in 2007 in my mid thirties.
George

Back in the late 1950s...the kids used to call me 'The Mad Kid' and often pulled flick knives on me.

George
[/QUOTE]
Sorry, but your dates don't add up. 1950's to 2007 is not thirty years.

Also university educated does not equate with the proof of a person's intelligence.

Sorry, but I'm getting tired with you explaining how much more superior you are than anyone trying to follow your posts. You have made accusations against much of the forum with no provocation.

If you did not want people to try and discuss topics with you, why do you persist? BTW, I'm not interested in an answer.

Again I see that I'm a little behind on my reading as some comments have already been made way before mine.

I was interested in seeing where he was going with his ideas, but the posts were difficult to follow and I got tired of his comments that we couldn't possibly understand his view. That's not fair to anyone here.

Last edited:
I am new to this site and still seeing how things work. With George's threads I didn't know what to make of them and just felt really uncomfortable. I won't say I feel sorry for him, as I don't think George is someone who would feel sorry for himself. The whole thing was odd and I think probably harmless{to a degree}. If he is ill I hope he gets the help he needs. I don't suppose this is the right time for me to confess to being the Zodiac Killer......

I am new to this site and still seeing how things work. With George's threads I didn't know what to make of them and just felt really uncomfortable. I won't say I feel sorry for him, as I don't think George is someone who would feel sorry for himself. The whole thing was odd and I think probably harmless{to a degree}. If he is ill I hope he gets the help he needs. I don't suppose this is the right time for me to confess to being the Zodiac Killer......
George even made the zodiac killer uncomfortable... I knew I was RIGHT... Damn that curse...

I think it's unfortunate that people get 'chased off' forums because they have odd tales and some folks simply want to have a bit of 'fun' at someone's expense.
And I'm not picking on anyone in particular here ,because I have done similar things in the past on other forums where some really odd people posted. And George did have some issues with the way he presented himself and his story.

(btw...just as an interesting side note I have/had an actual patient who is similar to georgek in that they have had many strange ghost experiences and ufo related events and this person functions normally in society.)
George was not chased off; he simply got questions that for whatever reason, he did not (or more likely could not) answer. He was given every chance to make his case, but rather than answering legitimate questions and engaging us, he stonewalled.

I was certainly wiling to listen and I believe most of the others were as well, but he seemed to feel that our wanting credible evidence is unreasonable, and he accused me of 'thrill' seeking and of 'degenerative thinking'.

'Chased-off'? Hardly.

I had a dejavu moment just then
that george would post, weird

George was not chased off; he simply got questions that for whatever reason, he did not (or more likely could not) answer. He was given every chance to make his case, but rather than answering legitimate questions and engaging us, he stonewalled.

I was certainly wiling to listen and I believe most of the others were as well, but he seemed to feel that our wanting credible evidence is unreasonable, and he accused me of 'thrill' seeking and of 'degenerative thinking'.

'Chased-off'? Hardly.
What questions did he specifically stonewall on...? I think he explained his weird experiences as well as he could for what they were...what else could he have verified considering the type of experiences he had?
Perhaps 'chased off' is the wrong word(phrase)...but then I don't think he was treated all that well....and in the end he became defensive. And that surprises people?
ps: Again...I'm not trying to pick on anyone specific here.....this type of thing happens often from what I have seen on paranormal forums over the years. And GeorgeK certainly could have handled it better also.

Last edited:
What questions did he specifically stonewall on...? ...

One clear-cut example occurred in the 'UFO Hit My Car in the 1970's' thread (now merged into this one).

He described an incident (see post #111 in this thread).

I posed a set of questions for clarification about the circumstances (see post #155 in this thread).

He never acknowledged, much less responded to, any of them.

What questions did he specifically stonewall on...? I think he explained his weird experiences as well as he could for what they were...what else could he have verified considering the type of experiences he had?
Perhaps 'chased off' is the wrong word(phrase)...but then I don't think he was treated all that well....and in the end he became defensive. And that surprises people?
ps: [...] And GeorgeK certainly could have handled it better also.

1. He stonewalled by (a) ignoring perfectly reasonable questions, and (b) often by way of opening another thread, distracting by going off on some other tangent of alleged oddities. Within threads, his claiming (with risible illiterate 'evidence' from the psychic rev.) to be carrying Jesus's DNA is a good example

2. IMO he was treated with remarkable restraint and politeness: a magnificent instance of the urbanity and tolerance of this forum. He became defensive very early on

3. Yes indeed he could have handled it better, by being straightforwardly responsive. For example, by hanging around long enough to be asked, and to answer, whether he'd gone in daylight to see if his supposed wanking gnome (did he really say that?) was part of the structure, or whatever

FWIW I think George came here in order to leave in a huff. He set things up so that he could take offence in due course and, having garnered the attention he seems to need and that was mostly the point, could stalk out of the room convinced of and confirmed in his own right[eous]ness—everyone else in the regiment being mysteriously out of step. It was fascinating to watch, tho' not what I'd call entertaining, exactly.

Joking about George isn't sitting comfortably with me, I think this thread is only being kept open on the chance he'll return. I don't think that's likely now, I know I wouldn't going by the further posts made in his absence .. mods?

1. He stonewalled by (a) ignoring perfectly reasonable questions, and (b) often by way of opening another thread, distracting by going off on some other tangent of alleged oddities. Within threads, his claiming (with risible illiterate 'evidence' from the psychic rev.) to be carrying Jesus's DNA is a good example

2. IMO he was treated with remarkable restraint and politeness: a magnificent instance of the urbanity and tolerance of this forum. He became defensive very early on

3. Yes indeed he could have handled it better, by being straightforwardly responsive. For example, by hanging around long enough to be asked, and to answer, whether he'd gone in daylight to see if his supposed wanking gnome (did he really say that?) was part of the structure, or whatever

FWIW I think George came here in order to leave in a huff. He set things up so that he could take offence in due course and, having garnered the attention he seems to need and that was mostly the point, could stalk out of the room convinced of and confirmed in his own right[eous]ness—everyone else in the regiment being mysteriously out of step. It was fascinating to watch, tho' not what I'd call entertaining, exactly.
Ah, so it wasn't just me. That's good to know.

@Georgek has not been banned and is welcome to return. If he would like to let me know, by PM as in the good posting thread, I am happy to look at it for him.

This is all getting a bit 'Lord Of The Flies' now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back