• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

It makes great desktop wallpaper.

A

Anonymous

"It" being the Basilosaurus pic on the Loch Ness monster page of http://www.beckjord.com While the name sounds better to me than "Zeuglodon," I generally call them zeuglodons so as not to mislead people into thinking that these whales were/are "dinosaurs." I think this image set as desktop background in tile format is very pleasant to look at. I've never been able to find wallpaper that I liked better. Just thought I'd share the info in case anyone would agree.

ballzack said:
Is that beckjord.com site for real? Or is it a joke site of some sort?

Shhhh........He Who's Name Shall Not Be Mentioned might hear you. :D

But oh man, if I only had a quarter for every time I heard that one.

I don't know about that site. The whole thing is sorta pushy with the ideas like:

You MUST BelIEve!! This IS the only waayyy!!! It'S ThE OnLy thing it could bee!!! YoU MUST Believe me!!

I think it's a Crock-o-shirt.

Aliant said:

I think that's the understatement of the year. Someone go ahead and hand out the award. :D

Aliant said:
I don't know about that site. The whole thing is sorta pushy with the ideas like:

You MUST BelIEve!! This IS the only waayyy!!! It'S ThE OnLy thing it could bee!!! YoU MUST Believe me!!

You gotta admire a man who can, in the space of one page of luridly coloured HTML, go from occasional sightings of Bigfoot to a conclusion that it's a shapeshifting ET robot.

And then has the temerity to accuse virtually all other websites and researchers of not being scientific.

All I can say, in all honesty after trying to read the site is, Good Grief! :rolleyes:

I'm afraid I did'nt want to go beyond the home page . . .

Carole

[Does Victor Meldrew impression]

I don't believe it!!

There are people here who haven't heard of Beckjord?

If so, and you want to kmow more, then search the MB for his name.

(No, I'm not giving you the link - believe me, I'm trying to protect you from a great waste of time. :D )

A long, sad, story involving dark villains, shining hereos, a wizard or two and the last of the fairy folk.... Bit like Beckjord's page really <G>

8¬)

Back