• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

ITC...How believable is it?

realspooky

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hello all, put this under general because I wasnt quite sure where it should fall. Science maybe? Not even sure if there has been a similar thread.

So, ITC spiritual contact?

What are your lots thoughts? I have just spent an hour fascinated by the http://www.worlditc.org

The recording extracts of supposed communication with the 'outer planes' are creepy, certainly enough to make you think if you really are hearing the voice of the deceased. The conversation seems spontaneous and random, and certainly not scripted. They also do not make much sense.

Do you think this is real? There's alot talked about of faces in TV's etc, many interesting pics on Ghost Study, but you no longer hear much about contact with the afterlife via a telephone or other means of everyday audio equipment.
Interested to hear you thoughts.

RS

This is rather odd isn't it!

I have to say what started as healthy skepticism was eroded into a a sort of creepy feeling.

Never heard of them before now, but I have to say the link with Tesla is a bit nebulous.

LD

Hmm - strikes me as a little odd that the images of supposed dead people look like photos - the Doc Mueller image, for example.

Yeah, I did notice that, but in certain cases, the images are similar in pose but differnet in detail. The little girl for instance, look at ther head band.

Haven't made any decision on this yet.

LD

lorddrakul said:
This is rather odd isn't it!

I have to say what started as healthy skepticism was eroded into a a sort of creepy feeling.

Never heard of them before now, but I have to say the link with Tesla is a bit nebulous.

LD

Not too sure myself on all of this. Not read enough into it yet to firmly want to believe or not. It is very creepy, like I say, especially the voices on the phone. Not too convinced on the tv pictures though. Neither is there too much evidence on the letters left on the switched off PC's.
I'll reserve judgement for a little while. And I'm not going to play them audio clips again....

Same here, piss and vinegar I would have said, but those voices are genuinely creepy. If this is a hoax, it is well researched and posited.

LD

It's a very detailed hoax indeed, if thats what it were to be.

They have characters planned out it seems. Kostantin Raudive seems to be the 'leader' of the spirit researchers, with several others in the group, if I remember correctly. His voice is very creepy on the recordings though.

It would obviously be very easy to fake these voices via a microphone and some special effects equipment.
But there doesnt seem to be many replies on this subject. Your not all too scared to listen to the audio clips are you???!!!???

The impressive thing about the EVP material is the scale of it - tens of thousands of recordings spanning decades stemming from experiments carried out by independent individuals and groups across the globe. Even the Vatican got in on the act at one point.

The experiments are repeatable and have been repeated - it's there to be done by anyone who fancies a shot, and can handle the creepiness....quesh is, if it is evidence, evidence of what?

The stuff received through TV's, phones, videos and 'psychomantea' are intriguing, but likely to receive a more jaded response - afterall, the net is awash with fakes photos of such stuff. But again, it is there to be done.

I read that Radio Luxemborg broadcast live EVP at one point - can anybody dig anything up on that?

Just had a look and a listen to that site. The audio files were as scary as er..... listening to a crap radio chat. (One of them included a bloody throat vibrating tool that trachioctomy patients use to talk with!) As convincing as...er....as.....er.....*You get my drift!*

What's so interesting about the photo's?
I must admit, I lost interest when "celestial plane"..."Invisible dimension" and the kind were used in the text.
My opinion. It's just another "Spheres" type site.

True, scary is relative :)

Point is, the better experimenters recorded the phenomena on machines incapable of recording anything - without microphones, or any other means of imput. If that is true, you have to admit it's interesting.

How the material using other media were controlled I don't know; perhaps they cannot be so watertight.

Alexius said:
True, scary is relative :)

...Point is, the better experimenters recorded the phenomena on machines incapable of recording anything - without microphones, or any other means of imput. If that is true, you have to admit it's interesting....

Possibly could still be picking up snatches of radio transmissions.

My PC speakers pick up snatches of radio quite regularly (BTW I know it's not EVP unless 'Steve's Taxis' also operate in the afterlife), so I suspect the innards of a tape recorder could also act as reciever...do you know if anyone's tried recording with shielding against radio interference?

Actually, I believe some of the experiments excluded the possibility of stray radio transmissions - I'd have to do some digging to find details, but a combination of the links given above and the ISS site will certainly provide enough leads.

An objection to the radio transmission lies in some recordings seeming volitional - the voices provided information pertinent to the recorders, much as would happen during a seance. Even making allowances for our capacity to find patterns of significence in background noise, this pushs the case for a paranormal origin a little further forwards.

If the recordings cannot have had an outside source, and if some communications convey specific information relevent to those present during the recordings, and if that information can only have come from a person who is dead and whom those people can identify, then this is weighty stuff.

On the other hand, that is a lot of 'if's - all the more reason to examine the notion closely to resolve them.

I certainly think there are more 'ifs' than evidence.
I guess these people generally do believe what they are researching, but have they gathered as much reliable evidence as they say they have? I'm not so sure.
I find it hard to believe that these people would go to such lengths to 'fake' all these pictures and recordings, but maybe thats the trick. If they were too amateur, then we would brand them foney instantly. Instead, this group's website is neatly presented, captures your attention, and above all the people seem to be spiritual, no doubt heavily into their religion.
Not saying these people are liars, by no means. But, as previous posters have said, at that time of the decade, and with the equipment used, maybe they have overlooked the reliablilty of the evidence they have.
Or could they have gone to those extraordinary lenghts mentioned?

Well, true enough, but these folks are not the only folks at it. I believe the earliest experimentation goes back to the beginnings of wireless and sound recording, and much of the evidence accumulated during the '70s and early '80s, possibly earlier.

In these cases, it is well to examine the strongest cases, although I don't know if Raudive's books are still in print. EVP has become something of a cottage industry on the net of late, with many sites offering putative recordings. But that ought not to detract from the earlier, controlled work carried out under laboratory conditions.

Wish I could offer more to bolster the case, but it has been a while since I followed this stuff up, and I have a continent lying between me and my literature stash...I shall have a dig on the net to find some links to try to back this up though.

OK, chaps, some basic orientation - this is to be found on the ISS site, and was taken from Zammits book collating the evidence for survival. Zammit is pressing the case for survival, and so may be considered a biased source; however, his leads can be easily followed up and examined.

EVP

ITC

A quite balanced outline of the history of EVP, making the case for a psychological explanation:

Paravoice

American Association of Electronic Voice Phenomena:

AA-EVP

Are the voices typically A.M. or F.M.? (Note that these are different means of transmitting voice over radio.)

Fortis said:
Are the voices typically A.M. or F.M.? (Note that these are different means of transmitting voice over radio.)

Not sure. I would have thought the older recordings would have been AM?

The audio recordings posted on the ITC site are so wrong its almost funny... :roll:

It's been a while, but from memory, some of the EVP experiments of the 60's and 70's were conducted in one of the large UK recording studios, Philips, I think, or maybe Decca. People of repute were involved and in the write-up, particular note was made of the fact the studios in question were extremely well-shielded from outside interference, which is why they were chosen (from memory). At least one of the participants was highly sceptical; a view which reportedly was changed forever by the voices to emerge when the tapes were replayed afterwards.

I'm undecided. Some of the claimed evidence is compelling, but much is clearly bogus.

The company concerned was Pye - at least some of their engineers were involved. I'll look up the reference later to verify it.

They supplied some equipment, IIRC, but I don't think engineers or company ever put their reputations on the line by vouching for EVP.

Mention of professional recording engineers in this context is however usually a no-no as there is no history of professional recordings being plagued by ghost-voices.

There are so-called "ghost-voices" on old discs but the term refers to studio staff or artists who could not restrain themselves from commenting before the needle was lifted from the wax. :(

In regards to ITC and TVs, last year I did the usual video camera through the TV set hookup and took some pics because some guy over on GhostStudy was doing some, but you had to really squint to make anything out. Anyway, below is the link to some of the "stuff" I captured. more than anything, these are more interesting than spooky, I think, And no, I don't personally believe I caught any actual ghosts, but I think they're fun to look at. You can click on the thumbnails in the album for slightly larger views.

ITC experimental photo album.

Back