It's Paedogeddon! (Is Paedophilia Increasing?)

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
I know that the police must investigate all claims, but as soon as I saw articles accusing Ted Heath, Enoch Powell and Field Marshall Lord Bramall I knew the claims were fabricated. They've thrown common sense out of the window in an attempt to atone for their Saville screw up.
As I was saying...

"The concept of the former Head of the Armed forces, a former Prime Minister, an ex Home Secretary, former Heads of MI5 and MI6 and a Conservative MP being engaged in raping, grievously injuring and torturing a young boy in a swimming pool with a Labour MP and a former senior Army Officer watching was simply ludicrous," Sir Richard says.

Link to in-depth article and the full report:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ration-midland-vip-paedophile-ring-henriques/

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Yes, an absolute scandal, I've been hearing about this on the radio. Mud like that sticks, too, no matter how innocent you are. Makes the whole "believe the victim" horribly complicated when people have the capacity to make shit up, whether they're attention-seekers or mentally disturbed.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Nobody has been well served by this farce.

Still, “lessons will be learned”, incredibly apologies will be incredibly intoned, and the aptly-named Commissioner Dick will probably end up getting some more gongs and scrambled egg on her comic opera dress uniform.

maximus otter

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
there may well be nothing more than tittle tattle to implicate the deceased, there may not have even been a crime
I agree on a half-and-half basis ... According to the article there was indeed a crime - there was definite evidence the girl had been raped. However, DNA testing is / was still pending to determine whether or not the now-deceased preacher was the rapist.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
...DNA testing is / was still pending to determine whether or not the now-deceased preacher was the rapist.
Well, they can’t claim that they don’t have a large enough sample.

maximus otter

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Maybe they will make it so it does 'prove' he was the rapist

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Always about money, i know that sounds cynical, but it is mostly true

Ogdred Weary

Very Naughty Boy
Reaction score
Always about money, i know that sounds cynical, but it is mostly true
It might that he;s so damaged by being a child star (and everything else) that he had to make his story into a film rather him simply being avaricious.

AlchoPwn

Public Service is my Motto.
Reaction score

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Apparently out today:

I just don't like people painting all of the people working in Hollywood as child abusers and it doesn't help that this documentary is pay per view because it makes Feldman look bad.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Music teacher gets 24-year sentence for non-recent child sex offences

A well-known music director is starting a 24-year prison sentence for sexually abusing a girl in Lewes, East Sussex, between 25 and 32 years ago following an investigation by Sussex Police detectives.

Jonathan Smith, 57, also known as Jonathan Grieves-Smith, was sentenced at Hove Crown Court on Tuesday (19 May) having been convicted in February after a trial of 16 sex offences against the girl, including two rapes, during the late 1980s and early 1990s.

The other offences comprised two counts of buggery, ten counts of indecent assault, and two counts of gross indecency with a child.

He will be also be a registered sex offender for life.

Smith, a music conductor and director who had worked across the UK, Europe, the U.S, Australia and New Zealand, had been living at an address in Carlton, Victoria, since 1998. He returned in July 2019 as a result the Sussex Police investigation, after a warrant for his extradition had been issued at Brighton Magistrates Court.

On return to the UK he had been living in Tewkesbury, Gloucs, on court bail conditions.

https://www.sussex.police.uk/news/s...r-sentence-for-non-recent-child-sex-offences/