It's Paedogeddon!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
By whom did she 'like being called the slut'?

Presumably not her students.
This sounds like one that shouldn't have even gone to court and may have potentially wrecked her life. 'the slut' was her own creation/description by the sound of it. The prosecution were claiming that the relationship started when he was 16 which, although not against the law normally, it would have been if the sex had started then being that she was in a position of trust as his teacher. There's no mention of whether he claimed the sex started when he 16, something that he should have been asked and that should have been recorded. I feel sorry for her.

edit: another unconventional age gap relationship

http://metro.co.uk/video/a-72-year-old-grandmother-finds-love-teenage-husband-1671008/

Last edited:

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Well, if they are happy, the kisses dont look very lovey dovey, but that may be because of the cameras, but good luck to them both

Cochise

Antediluvian
Well, if they are happy, the kisses dont look very lovey dovey, but that may be because of the cameras, but good luck to them both
It does make you wonder if any reactions would be different if it was a 72 year old grandfather and a woman aged 19.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
This sounds like one that shouldn't have even gone to court and may have potentially wrecked her life. 'the slut' was her own creation/description by the sound of it. The prosecution were claiming that the relationship started when he was 16 which, although not against the law normally, it would have been if the sex had started then being that she was in a position of trust as his teacher. There's no mention of whether he claimed the sex started when he 16, something that he should have been asked and that should have been recorded. I feel sorry for her.
Like, they were mutually attracted while he was at school but only acted on it later when he was of age? Seems possible to me. Trouble is, it's still an older person sexually exploiting a younger one.

Here's a teacher's point of view -
When the ex was a high school teacher he'd sometimes talk about how sexualised some of the pupils became as puberty hit them.
Some openly came onto teachers and the adults'd warn each other about which girls fancied which teacher this week: even the thought of taking them up on it made the teachers shudder. Not only was it illegal, the 'kids' were that, kids, children.

You'd be at their mercy for the rest of your life if you went along with it, and being teenagers they'd be apt to change their minds and drop you in it once the novelty wore off.

Alas, there's many a slip...

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
'Nick' has been nicked and charged with perverting the course of justice and fraud.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44700764

Field Marshall Lord Bramall, Harvey Proctor and Lord Brittain were clearly innocent, but the police--like the public--have watched too many films about depraved aristocrats.

The police ineptitude and mass hysteria we witnessed in the wake of the Saville case will be the PhD theses for our grandchildren.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
A good day for the many people who have been falsely accused of sex crimes, a bad day for the many people who've been the victim of genuine sex crimes .. Cliff Richard is fighting back ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43731668
And he has won. As well he should have.

'Only £190,000 in damages to Cliff (Guido claims £20,000 of that was owing to the BBC subsequent behaviour after broadcast) but a combined legal bill of c. £5 million for them to pick up.

Unfortunately, 'owing to the unique way the BBC is funded', the British taxpayer will be covering the lot.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
While you're grumbling about the BBC, remember the tabloids have deeper pockets and have been getting away with far worse for decades, and if they hadn't been putting so much pressure on the corporation to sell their papers they would have jumped at the chance to get any scoop on Cliff themselves. The hypocrisy is sickening. Well, that and the legal bills.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
While you're grumbling about the BBC, remember the tabloids have deeper pockets and have been getting away with far worse for decades, and if they hadn't been putting so much pressure on the corporation to sell their papers they would have jumped at the chance to get any scoop on Cliff themselves. The hypocrisy is sickening. Well, that and the legal bills.
I'm quite happy to put the tabloids on the same naughty step here for hypocritical carping as well as--like you say--doing very similar things in the past.

That doesn't change my belief that the BBC shouldn't be competing in this game. Or my view that it should be illegal to formally release or informally leak the name of a person under investigation before charges are brought.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
No, of course the BBC shouldn't be joining in, but after the tabloids created an atmosphere of prurience and fear, not just there but across the country that saw innocent people being damned by rumour (oh, and a few guilty ones), I'm not shocked that once they had the info they used it. And it's not as if the tabloids were silent on Sir Cliff's false allegations either, indeed they more or less encouraged them to be made.

Personally, I think the BBC should seek the original accuser to pay the damages. It's his fault.

Swifty

No, of course the BBC shouldn't be joining in, but after the tabloids created an atmosphere of prurience and fear, not just there but across the country that saw innocent people being damned by rumour (oh, and a few guilty ones), I'm not shocked that once they had the info they used it. And it's not as if the tabloids were silent on Sir Cliff's false allegations either, indeed they more or less encouraged them to be made.

Personally, I think the BBC should seek the original accuser to pay the damages. It's his fault.
Like all false accusers, they're protected by law .. which is how they flourish and how genuine victims go on to be discounted because of these arseholes. But (almost) everyone's too scared too say this out loud on TV or in in the papers .. apart from The Express .. they're traditionally all over this crap.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Christ .. a whole family have been sent down for abusing and raping children over a 30 year times span

https://nypost.com/2018/07/18/family-of-pedophiles-raped-kids-for-30-years-before-being-caught/
What's especially worrying there is that there were complaints by victims long before any arrests were made, because the children weren't believed, or if they were, they were not seen as credible witnesses. At least children are taken more seriously now when they come forward.

Cochise

Antediluvian
I'm quite happy to put the tabloids on the same naughty step here for hypocritical carping as well as--like you say--doing very similar things in the past.

That doesn't change my belief that the BBC shouldn't be competing in this game. Or my view that it should be illegal to formally release or informally leak the name of a person under investigation before charges are brought.
BBC have been refused the right to appeal. Claiming it is the end of press freedom or some such nonsense. Personally I thought it was a disgusting exercise in hypocrisy and prurience. I haven't seen them filming in Telford or Rotherham when warrants were served.

AlchoPwn

Public Service is my Motto.
BBC have been refused the right to appeal. Claiming it is the end of press freedom or some such nonsense. Personally I thought it was a disgusting exercise in hypocrisy and prurience. I haven't seen them filming in Telford or Rotherham when warrants were served.
I utterly agree with Yithian and yourself that it is pretty damn inexcusable for the BBC to run a story about a person being a pedophile before any actual charges are laid. The correct course of action for the victim of such a transgression is to sue for defamation of character immediately.

Swifty

Once the dust has settled, people like Cliff if they haven't been wrongly imprisoned, attacked by vigilantes or killed themselves are still left with the psychological injuries, it takes years if ever to 'get over it' being dragged through a false allegation/allegations. I don't begrudge donating to legal fees for Cliff in the slightest, this will have caused him both enormous emotional and physical damage, the depression's going to be a bastard for him now ..

What angers me the most is that, more often than not, these false accusers mostly get away with it. I've mentioned before on this site that I was once the victim of a false allegation of rape .. the police actually came to my home and arrested me so basically I was kidnapped, handcuffed, medically (painfully at one stage by a grinning Indian doctor) examined, told to undress in a jail cell and photographed naked, cross examined, laughed at and about by a couple of coppers ... the allegation was completely groundless, I wasn't even charged and I was released the same day .. yet presumably my accuser is still free now .. in fact, she'd accused someone before me and went on to accuse someone else after me !!

Men shouldn't have to 'just forget about it, don't worry, you weren't guilty so no harm no foul huh?' .. that's not good enough .. false accusers can and do ruin peoples lives, no one who's cleared is 'happy' about it because they're still too shell shocked to take it in that someone else could treat them so frivolously .. I mentally high five every judge when I read about one of these false accusers being dished out a prison sentence. Being falsely accused teaches you a lot about yourself and your strengths .. I'd assumed that when word got out that Swifty had been accused of rape, the women I knew would avoid me like the plague now and the men I knew would stand by me .. in fact, to my shock and surprise, the women that knew me universally stood by me and some of the men started avoiding me or conducting street level mini interrogations of their own ... so if anything, I didn't become bitter against all women afterwards at all as I was fearing I would .. some of the blokes were dicks though.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
... yet presumably my accuser is still free now .. in fact, she'd accused someone before me and went on to accuse someone else after me !!
Maybe a change in the law is required, so that an accuser's details remain on file. Then, if there is a legal case, at least the police or the judge will be able to spot a pattern.

Swifty

Maybe a change in the law is required, so that an accuser's details remain on file. Then, if there is a legal case, at least the police or the judge will be able to spot a pattern.
That'd never happen Mytho, the argument (as I'm sure you're aware) is that it would dissuade genuine victims coming forward for fear of not being believed while simultaneously making life easier for genuine abusers. This situation is how false accusers thrive. The only case I'm aware of that broke this pattern involved the Express Newspaper about a decade ago naming and shaming a serial false rape accuser .. she'd put seven (SEVEN) men through hell, one after another, safe in the knowledge that it was against the law for anyone to reveal her identity and that she's be able to continue to abuse the protection of the law and probably further men. So the Express said fuck it !, we'll pay the fine and name her anyway, on the front page no less with a write up telling all men to avoid her and a full sized picture of her. Too bloody right.

Zeke Newbold

Carbon based biped.
Once the dust has settled, people like Cliff if they haven't been wrongly imprisoned, attacked by vigilantes or killed themselves are still left with the psychological injuries, it takes years if ever to 'get over it' being dragged through a false allegation/allegations. I don't begrudge donating to legal fees for Cliff in the slightest, this will have caused him both enormous emotional and physical damage, the depression's going to be a bastard for him now ..

What angers me the most is that, more often than not, these false accusers mostly get away with it. I've mentioned before on this site that I was once the victim of a false allegation of rape .. the police actually came to my home and arrested me so basically I was kidnapped, handcuffed, medically (painfully at one stage by a grinning Indian doctor) examined, told to undress in a jail cell and photographed naked, cross examined, laughed at and about by a couple of coppers ... the allegation was completely groundless, I wasn't even charged and I was released the same day .. yet presumably my accuser is still free now .. in fact, she'd accused someone before me and went on to accuse someone else after me !!

Men shouldn't have to 'just forget about it, don't worry, you weren't guilty so no harm no foul huh?' .. that's not good enough .. false accusers can and do ruin peoples lives, no one who's cleared is 'happy' about it because they're still too shell shocked to take it in that someone else could treat them so frivolously .. I mentally high five every judge when I read about one of these false accusers being dished out a prison sentence. Being falsely accused teaches you a lot about yourself and your strengths .. I'd assumed that when word got out that Swifty had been accused of rape, the women I knew would avoid me like the plague now and the men I knew would stand by me .. in fact, to my shock and surprise, the women that knew me universally stood by me and some of the men started avoiding me or conducting street level mini interrogations of their own ... so if anything, I didn't become bitter against all women afterwards at all as I was fearing I would .. some of the blokes were dicks though.
Powerful stuff Swifty. You need to get this out there where it counts.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
All the details of everyone who reports a crime are held on intel systems. Unless they report anonymously, of course.

Swifty

Powerful stuff Swifty. You need to get this out there where it counts.
Thanks Zeke, men don't say out loud the stuff I've just written .. "Hi ! I'm Dave ! .. I was wrongly accused of rape once but I was innocent .. mad huh? LOL" .. no one is going to want to get to know Dave from then on just to be on the safe side .. in case there's some truth to it .. in case Dave 'got away with it' .. so falsely accused people are at a disadvantage straight away as are people who've genuinely been abused because of course (decent) people are sympathetic but it's a bit of a conversation killer to say the least.

edit: the legal system are growing increasingly tired of false accusers now ..

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/false-rape-accuser-jailed-after-solicitor-generals-referral

Last edited:

hunck

Justified & Ancient
How a paedophile's hands led to his conviction

The grim tale of the rapist of a 2 year old child who'd filmed the act. His girlfriend found images on his phone & reported him to the police. The only identifying part of him in the film was his hands. The police were sure they'd got their man but worried they didn't have enough evidence to prove it in court. He at first responded with 'no comment' to every question until he was nailed with the help of Dame Professor Sue Black, a forensic anthropologist who is an expert in the identification of anatomical features, including hands.

Once he'd been positively identified he changed his plea to guilty & was jailed for 15 years.

Video at link.

James_H

And I like to roam the land
How a paedophile's hands led to his conviction

The grim tale of the rapist of a 2 year old child who'd filmed the act. His girlfriend found images on his phone & reported him to the police. The only identifying part of him in the film was his hands. The police were sure they'd got their man but worried they didn't have enough evidence to prove it in court. He at first responded with 'no comment' to every question until he was nailed with the help of Dame Professor Sue Black, a forensic anthropologist who is an expert in the identification of anatomical features, including hands.

Once he'd been positively identified he changed his plea to guilty & was jailed for 15 years.

Video at link.
From the video: 'Sue is compiling a database of hands to check for similarities between them' - modern day phrenology?

hunck

Justified & Ancient
From the video: 'Sue is compiling a database of hands to check for similarities between them' - modern day phrenology?
Not really - it's more examining hands for marks, scars, creases which when put together, can identify an individual if hands are the only thing you've got to go on. In the same way that fingerprints are unique, hands are too. Of course you'd need a good image of the hand.