It's Paedogeddon!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
So you post a video, of a man who has not been convicted. I'm not sure FT's lawyers will like that.
You spotted the word alleged didn't you? .. where and when did you learn that he has not been convicted? .. and of what has he not been convicted of? .. or do you just like fanning flames on internet forums?

He might be a nonce, then again, he might be terrified that three complete strangers have cornered him in what might be his back garden to the point that he's just agreeing to everything just so he doesn't get beaten up? ..

Last edited:

Swifty

The word alleged implied that.
The word alleged exonerates a person until the correct authorities have investigated allegations against a person. Innocent people have been known in the past to confess to all sorts of crimes out of fear.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
So you post a video, of a man who has not been convicted. I'm not sure FT's lawyers will like that.
Correct: removed.

If memory serves, we've had a similar video posted this year and I said then that this is inappropriate in terms of tone and legally stupid for FT to allow. Even if the man is guilty, disseminating these kinds of videos can influence potential court cases. There is no reason at all to suppose that the claims made by those who produce or feature in the footage are accurate, and it is extremely foolhardy to make them your legal justification for spreading such material.

Swifty, fewer vigilantes, gypsy fights, diss-tracks, drug addicts and 'chav watching' videos, please (I'm not being specific: 'that kind of thing'). It's sordid and a step from cock-fighting, bullying and laughing at the homeless. Plus, FT does not want any Imperial legal entanglements.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
The word alleged exonerates a person until the correct authorities have investigated allegations against a person. Innocent people have been known in the past to confess to all sorts of crimes out of fear.
Swifty mate you've got to stop posting stuff like that or may find yourself get a temp ban or a permanent one.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Bronx teacher who performed oral sex on 14-year-old gets 10 years probation, avoids jail, keeps teaching certificate
The link takes you to a page that's unavailable here. However, a quick google of the headline told me that the teacher was a 30 year-old woman who was treated leniently from the start, e.g. she wasn't immediately sacked but was moved to a non pupil-contact role.

Another site with the same story

The problem is the double standards, not about the abuser, but rather the victim. A boy of 14 having sexual contact with a woman who is in authority over him is being exploited. It's not less serious than if it were a male (or female) teacher and a girl of 14. Sadly, in this case the law thinks it is.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Yup .. hence me posting this in the paedo thread
eeewww, Savile was sooo loathsome. I'd hated him since I was a teenager when I first learned of his predilection for younger girls. (In his autobiography for a start.)

As far as I knew, everyone was aware that he wasn't to be trusted around kids. It wasn't a surprise to me when it all came out after his death and I really did wonder why anyone in the world wasn't wise to him.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
The link takes you to a page that's unavailable here. However, a quick google of the headline told me that the teacher was a 30 year-old woman who was treated leniently from the start, e.g. she wasn't immediately sacked but was moved to a non pupil-contact role.

Another site with the same story

The problem is the double standards, not about the abuser, but rather the victim. A boy of 14 having sexual contact with a woman who is in authority over him is being exploited. It's not less serious than if it were a male (or female) teacher and a girl of 14. Sadly, in this case the law thinks it is.
Well said. :agree:

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.
eeewww, Savile was sooo loathsome. I'd hated him since I was a teenager when I first learned of his predilection for younger girls. (In his autobiography for a start.)

As far as I knew, everyone was aware that he wasn't to be trusted around kids. It wasn't a surprise to me when it all came out after his death and I really did wonder why anyone in the world wasn't wise to him.
When all the allegations started to come to light and people older than, ranging from a friend who is seven years older, to people older than my parent's all started saying stuff like "I always though there was something up with him". I' sure many people did, I'm slightly too young to be aware. -he was more or less off "regular" TV scheduling by the time I was in my teens, though he'd turn up on Xmas TOTP or charity specials.

Looking back at all times he essentially hid in plain sight and more or less flaunted his perversions it's astounding how he got away with it and ably demonstrates the failings of people in general as well as he and many others in particular.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
there was something up with him
Our own thread devoted to this subject starts in 2002, some nine years before his death.

As the video above shows, he was adept, if not exactly convincing, at deflecting criticism. The kids in that show from 1988 ask some intelligent and articulate questions but the format is devised to prevent responses to his evasions and red herrings. No doubt his appearance in such an arena was dependent on control of the show. He repeatedly adverts to his appearance and persona as a media game in which he participates; then he contradicts it repeatedly with the "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" disclaimer. All quite disorienting but he seems right about the way the media protected him! :mad:

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.
I've seen that clip before I was pleasantly surprised at how articulate the young people are and I'm not one of the hating-on-young brigade either. I was also struck by how old fashioned the show and mannerisms of the audience are, I was alive at the time and less than a decade younger than those teenagers, yet it already seems a little "olde worlde".

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.
Is he fit for trial? There are at least two men who have alleged a high level paedophile ring, aren't there? My guess is that there may be mental health issues that may prevent trial in both/all cases.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Looking back at all times he essentially hid in plain sight and more or less flaunted his perversions it's astounding how he got away with it and ably demonstrates the failings of people in general as well as he and many others in particular.
Exactly. Savile was able to do all sorts because he had friends in high places and was responsible for bringing in a lot of charity money. Nobody succeeded in rocking his boat, although some tried. The best advice nurses could give to young people on wards where he visited was to pretend to be asleep.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Michael Jackson's family are upset about a new documentary film called Leaving Neverland that focuses on the allegations made about him ..

https://news.avclub.com/michael-jacksons-family-decries-leaving-neverland-docum-1832124444
I haven't seen the documentary and I have strong suspicions that Michael Jackson may have been unsavoury, but I've read that the film takes all allegations as true and fails to interview critical and dissenting voices.

Reserving judgment all the same.

Swifty

I haven't seen the documentary and I have strong suspicions that Michael Jackson may have been unsavoury, but I've read that the film takes all allegations as true and fails to interview critical and dissenting voices.

From the bits and pieces I've read and a few vids up about it so far on youtube, I'm not holding my breath that it's going to be objective.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient

Found not guilty by a court of law but let's keep kicking that dead horse.