It's Time We Stop, Hey, What's That Sound

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score

Lots of people calling other people cunts, (I love the word but it shouldn't be used lightly). Lots of fights over compost heaps. Neil wouldn't be happy. A compost heap is a thing of beauty and pretty easy to set up. You have to be an arse to fuck a compost heap up.

There's battle lines being drawn Nobody's right if everybody's wrong Young people speaking their minds Getting so much resistance from behind

Let's be gentle with each other.

AnonyJoolz

Captainess Sensible
Reaction score
One of my top ten tunes of all time!

Proof that counter-culture didn't have to be all hippy-dippy and patchouli-scented (although I quite like that too)

Another one, less known and from a South African artiste, later reimagined by those cheeky baggy boys, The Happy Mondays:

(incidentally generally the first record to have used a sample - a tape loop of drumming)

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Happy compost story: my dad was telling me he was attending to his compost the other day when he noticed something moving in there. It was a mouse, and the little creature tried to hide from him. Unfortunately for the mouse, this meant burying its head in the compost with its tiny, furry bottom sticking out. There's an image for you.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Has anyone watched 'Echo From The Canyon'?
Hadn't heard of this and note it's on Netflix.

Thanks for the heads-up here, looking forward to watching.

There's a movie, also on Netflix, documenting the Eagles in their various incarnations - fascinating and recommended in return.

Oh.. just found this..

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

There's a movie, also on Netflix, documenting the Eagles in their various incarnations - fascinating and recommended in return.

Oh.. just found this..

The Eagles documentary is brilliant. I've watched it a couple of time. I thought Frey & Henley came across as a couple of dicks, but then I've not lived their lives. Saw the Eagles just over a year ago with Frey's son filling in for him, along with Vince Gill. A brilliant, polished 2.5 hour performance, as you'd expect.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Oh.. just found this..

Isn't Linda one of the most beautiful women you've ever laid eyes on? And the talent! Don't get me started...

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Isn't Linda one of the most beautiful women you've ever laid eyes on? And the talent! Don't get me started...
The former Mr Snail became obsessed with her after seeing her 1976 appearance on the Old Grey Whistle Test. He had all her albums.
I have a couple too but Techy disapproves because it's Country and Western innit, they only use one baseline or summat.

She can't sing now because has a degenerative disease.

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Reaction score
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
Good stuff in this thread. I've recently watched Echo in the Canyon, and liked it a great deal. There are some really great stories in there. What a place LA was back then!

Linda Ronstadt was a major goddess when I was a young fool. She went on to do a remarkable range of work with many people from different genres, and all of her work is top notch. When she teams up with Emmylou Harris, it's magic. Moreso when Dolly joins in. One of Linda's later albums, Feels Like Home, has some excellent tracks on it.

Johnny Cash had a really good TV show way back when. Here is the barefoot Linda Ronstadt getting what must have been one of her first big breaks. Johnny was, one might say, impressed.

Here she is on the show again, about a year and a half later. Johnny's wife, June Carter, keeps a firm grip on him while he introduces her from a considerable distance.

I see Standing in the Shadow of Motown is on Amazon Prime. I heartily recommend that one. It's about the session musicians in Detroit when Motown was in its prime. More excellent stories told by the survivors themselves.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
What a place LA was back then!

Linda Ronstadt was a major goddess when I was a young fool. She went on to do a remarkable range of work with many people from different genres...

Herei s the barefoot Linda Ronstadt getting what must have been one of her first big breaks...

Here she is on the show again, about a year and a half later.

... I see Standing in the Shadow of Motown is on Amazon Prime. I heartily recommend that one.
Fabulous videos and brand new to myself. Thanks so much.

Sheer Magic!

Will look up that film - mate has Amazon Prime and we both love Motown.

Geez... LA back then... someone please build us all a time machine...

When I used to be a couple of years younger, I was hopelessly smitten with this young lady.

Presumimg OK if I select a previously unheard track...
I will never have seen the video either.

Fair shout, neither have your good selves?

So we're all in this together then. :)

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
S
Good stuff in this thread. I've recently watched Echo in the Canyon, and liked it a great deal. There are some really great stories in there. What a place LA was back then!

Linda Ronstadt was a major goddess when I was a young fool. She went on to do a remarkable range of work with many people from different genres, and all of her work is top notch. When she teams up with Emmylou Harris, it's magic. Moreso when Dolly joins in. One of Linda's later albums, Feels Like Home, has some excellent tracks on it.

Johnny Cash had a really good TV show way back when. Here is the barefoot Linda Ronstadt getting what must have been one of her first big breaks. Johnny was, one might say, impressed.

Here she is on the show again, about a year and a half later. Johnny's wife, June Carter, keeps a firm grip on him while he introduces her from a considerable distance.

I see Standing in the Shadow of Motown is on Amazon Prime. I heartily recommend that one. It's about the session musicians in Detroit when Motown was in its prime. More excellent stories told by the survivors themselves.
Seems like I'm not the only fan of Linda Ronstadt – her version of Mike Nesmith's A Different Drum with the Stone Poneys is perfect. And here's a pic of her with a bike. And why not?!

Attachments

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
S

Seems like I'm not the only fan of Linda Ronstadt – her version of Mike Nesmith's A Different Drum with the Stone Poneys is perfect. And here's a pic of her with a bike. And why not?!
When she was in a relationship with California Governor Jerry Brown she is supposed to have posed standing next to him for a serious portrait, then jokily flipped her skirt up over her head to reveal her underwear.

I first heard that story when they were still together! There doesn't seem to be a relevant photo around to back it up though.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
S

Willie Nelson: "There's two kinds of men in the world. Those who have a crush on Linda Ronstadt, and them who never heard of her."

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
But back to the original spirit of this thread...my favorite West Coast psychedelic song by my favorite West Coast psychedelic band:

Proper phasing! It's a great effect you don't hear these days as no-one records on tape anymore.