It's Time We Stop, Hey, What's That Sound

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
When she was in a relationship with California Governor Jerry Brown she is supposed to have posed standing next to him for a serious portrait, then jokily flipped her skirt up over her head to reveal her underwear.

I first heard that story when they were still together! There doesn't seem to be a relevant photo around to back it up though.
I've found this...
linda.jpg

AnonyJoolz

Captainess Sensible
Reaction score

Lots of people calling other people cunts, (I love the word but it shouldn't be used lightly). Lots of fights over compost heaps. Neil wouldn't be happy. A compost heap is a thing of beauty and pretty easy to set up. You have to be an arse to fuck a compost heap up.

There's battle lines being drawn Nobody's right if everybody's wrong Young people speaking their minds Getting so much resistance from behind

Let's be gentle with each other.

The King of Composting, Bob Flowerdew, would put them all right. And then bury them in his converted chest freezer hot beds before feeding the bones to his chickens for extra calcium. I highly recommend Bob's Organic Bible

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Reaction score
In my own humble opinion, one of the most beautiful songs of the 1960s:

They would go on to be Gentle Giant and later dismissed this effort as 'shit'. For my money, Gentle Giant's records are a lot more 'shit'. I quite like this one.

I am trying to decipher the exotic foreign language spoken word bit in the middle, sounds a bit like a mash up of Cantonese and Mandarin for the first two sentences ('I love you, I need you' but with 'you' pronounced as in Mandarin?), then not a clue. Maybe it's a different dialect? (I looked it up and the woman speaking is called Jacqui Chan, no relation. She is a Trinidadian-Chinese actor who has been in numerous movies and is still working in her 80s. The bass player in the band says she didn't know what she was saying when reading the lines. Apparently she appears as a character in the TV series 'The Crown')

EDIT: mystery solved - the poetry was written by someone running a Chinese restaurant. Chan couldn't speak Chinese and so her grandmother taught her how to recite it phonetically. https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mail/20101215/289266048541121

Last edited:

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
The King of Composting, Bob Flowerdew, would put them all right. And then bury them in his converted chest freezer hot beds before feeding the bones to his chickens for extra calcium. I highly recommend Bob's Organic Bible
I saw him in Morrisons back in the days when you could mingle freely and shove other people out of the way and have chats and even hugs .... remember them? Anyway it was about a year ago and although I'm not on hugging terms with him we did go to the same school. So I asked him what it would be worth for my not to put a photograph of him on social media buying non organic fruit and veg? He looked suitably sheepish and made some excuse about it being a one off or something.

Anyway, I haven't got a smart phone so no photogaphic evidence, but he didn't pay up so I'm telling you now!

Sollywos x

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Not Lemmy - he wouldn't be mixing with the California set. Far right is Jackson Brown, next Joe Walsh, next could be Dennis Wilson. Can't identify any others though I suspect there could be more Eagles present. Jerry Brown looks a bit out of place.
Could it be Don Henley second from the left with the frizzy hair and beard?

Cochise

Never give up, never surrender
Reaction score
I met the delectable Suzi Quatro one night. She was taking her kid to the pantomime. Total content of the conversation:

Me (sotto voce) You are Suzi Quatro, aren't you?

Her - yes but please don't tell everyone, I'm just bringing my child (I can't remember the name) to the pantomime

Me 'Yes of course '

That was it :)

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I met the delectable Suzi Quatro one night. She was taking her kid to the pantomime. Total content of the conversation:

Me (sotto voce) You are Suzi Quatro, aren't you?

Her - yes but please don't tell everyone, I'm just bringing my child (I can't remember the name) to the pantomime

Me 'Yes of course '

That was it :)
I think she's just great.

Coypu

Um 121 The element of confusion.....298.17
Reaction score

Lots of people calling other people cunts, (I love the word but it shouldn't be used lightly). Lots of fights over compost heaps. Neil wouldn't be happy. A compost heap is a thing of beauty and pretty easy to set up. You have to be an arse to fuck a compost heap up.

There's battle lines being drawn Nobody's right if everybody's wrong Young people speaking their minds Getting so much resistance from behind

Let's be gentle with each other.

There are lots of people getting freaked out by the constant reminders for social distancing, as much as it's necessary the numb nuts don't care anyway..

kind rat.jpg

AnonyJoolz

Captainess Sensible
Reaction score
I decided to wake this thread up again as I'm not quite done with beautiful songs and lovely words.

Sly & The Family Stone, groundbreakers of their time having a diverse group of artists and, I think, unique in their peace-and-social-justice-meets-soul-funk-with-a-conscience sound.

Something that only came around again for a short time in the late 80s & early 90s (Arrested Development, A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul), and that was killed off by bling and gangsta rap** :-(

I don't know when the 'official' video was made, but it's a good one!

Sometimes I'm right and I can be wrong My own beliefs are in my song The butcher, the banker, the drummer and then Makes no difference what group I'm in I am everyday people, yeah yeah There is a blue one who can't accept the green one For living with a fat one trying to be a skinny one And different strokes for different folks And so on and so on and scooby dooby doo Oh sha sha we got to live together I am no better and neither are you We are the same whatever we do You love me you hate me you know me and then You can't figure out the bag I'm in I am everyday people, yeah yeah There is a long hair that doesn't like the short hair For bein' such a rich one that will not help the poor one And different strokes for different folks And so on and so on and scooby dooby doo Oh sha sha we got to live together There is a yellow one that won't accept the black one That won't accept the red one that won't accept the white one And different strokes for different folks And so on and so on and scooby dooby doo I am everyday people

**There is a conspiracy theory about this that I might write up for a forum thread one day

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
This isn't beautiful unless you count not giving in as beautiful or something .. but I'm tired so here goes .. this is like crack to me at the moment, the 'go faster' moment stuff so if you need to relax at the moment instead, don't listen to this ..

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I decided to wake this thread up again as I'm not quite done with beautiful songs and lovely words.

Sly & The Family Stone, groundbreakers of their time having a diverse group of artists and, I think, unique in their peace-and-social-justice-meets-soul-funk-with-a-conscience sound.

Something that only came around again for a short time in the late 80s & early 90s (Arrested Development, A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul), and that was killed off by bling and gangsta rap** :-(

I don't know when the 'official' video was made, but it's a good one!

Sometimes I'm right and I can be wrong My own beliefs are in my song The butcher, the banker, the drummer and then Makes no difference what group I'm in I am everyday people, yeah yeah There is a blue one who can't accept the green one For living with a fat one trying to be a skinny one And different strokes for different folks And so on and so on and scooby dooby doo Oh sha sha we got to live together I am no better and neither are you We are the same whatever we do You love me you hate me you know me and then You can't figure out the bag I'm in I am everyday people, yeah yeah There is a long hair that doesn't like the short hair For bein' such a rich one that will not help the poor one And different strokes for different folks And so on and so on and scooby dooby doo Oh sha sha we got to live together There is a yellow one that won't accept the black one That won't accept the red one that won't accept the white one And different strokes for different folks And so on and so on and scooby dooby doo I am everyday people

**There is a conspiracy theory about this that I might write up for a forum thread one day
Great track. The bass sticks on one note throughout the whole thing.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Just when you thought it was..........................:groov:
Thank you so much... :)

Goodness sakes.... love it! :D

You have reminded of a band I grew up with and haven't thought about since!

Amon Düül II

Just found a live show and really looking forward to this...