• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ive had a visitor

dirtybob2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I just spoke to my sister on the phone last night, and below is a summary of what she told me.

A couple of months ago my M&D gave my little neice, who is 4ish a photo album containing pics of all her aunts, uncles grand parents etc.
The other night she was looking through it, and when she came to a pic of my dads mum, she told my sister that she had seen that lady at my house.
My sister was confused as my GM has been dead around 3 years.
She asked her when and if she had been there as well. she was my neice said.
The only time my sister has visited my house with my neice was at Maddies christining last october.
My neice said that she had seen my GM standing in the corner of the dining room, and when people began to leave for the christening she had asked my GM if she was coming, but she says that my GM told her she was going to wait at the house until everyone was back.

Its a bit spooky and I dont want to go in my dinning room now

I'd leave the dining room well alone too!

Aren't children supposed to be more receptable to things like this?
If your GM wanted to scare the the cr*p out of you I'd assume she would have done so already.
Still, don't think I'd be going in there too often myself.

I have actually claimed to have seen two ghosts at the same time in a friends house. I thought I wouldn't say anything to my friend however when I plucked up the courage and waited to be laughed at, she replied that I had just described her Grandad and the woman who used to own the house.
Apparently she had seen them as well!

Don't hang round with that friend much these days (too scared)

Firstly, why would you be scared of your own GM?

Secondly (& I don't want to scare you or anything) but what makes you think your GM's restricted to the dining room..)

:eek:

Did you not like your GM then? ;)

Seriously, she was there for a family occasion - that's not scary that's wonderful - it shows that she's thinking of you all and wants to be part of the family gatherings.

I doubt she's permanently in your dining room - I'm sure she's got loads better things to do than hang around your gaff waiting to scare someone.

Talk to her - you never know you might see her yourself and realise that she's your GM and not some horrid hollywood-style spectre!!!

There's no reason to be afraid of your grandmother if you had a good relationship with her when she was around. She's still herself, even if she is on another plane of existance. :)

its not the thought of seeing my GM thats scares we, more the idea of seeing her when im not expecting to see her. Once I got over the shock I suspect I would be ok.

And Diabolik, thanks for that. The thought that she could be in my bedroom.... I can just see her disapproving :eek:

I guess it was nice of her to come, the thought that she is around somewhere leads to some nice images of her talking about my little girl with her other grandmas

It'd be godawful to suddenly see her while you're sitting on the toilet or something, LOL! :D

Back