• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jack the Ripper?

HiddenS

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Not quite sure where this should go, so I hope here is ok?

A while ago I edited a book which proclaims to identify the genuine Ripper from the Whitechapel murders, and I was wondering if this would be of interest to people?

The author is reticent about publicity, as he is retired, but I thought it genuinely too interesting to ignore, just in case it’s correct. I’m not an expert, and the research goes well out of my comfort zone of knowledge on the case, but the author himself invites others to look into it if they wish. It certainly looks plausible to me, hence my being so interested in the project.

It’s been published as a Kindle e-book, and is very cheap, so hopefully it might interest people to at least read it. I’m happy to answer any questions if people want to ask anything, and I’ll answer to the best of my knowledge.

Anyway, here’s the link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hidden-Suspect- ... 554&sr=8-1

612Vb54n4ZL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-52,22_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Was this Jack the Masonic Hairdresser?

Edit: I like the spooky preamble enough to spend 77p and find out when time allows!

Haha, pretty much!

No, don't let the mason bit put you off, it's not some David Icke conspiracy thing about masons, but it is saying the suspect is an unknown who worked as a barber, and was also involved in freemasonry, and that was how he got caught up in the events.

As you say, for 77p it's worth a read. I honestly found it interesting, and it's not like I'm personally making any money here.

There is the bit at the back of my mind that thinks it might be genuine though. It partly revolves around a 'confession' letter, which I've seen, and I don't think is a forgery. Hope you enjoy reading it!

If I was cynical, i'd say this is just another marketing ploy for yet another theory to sell yet another book.

If you have as plausible theory, in fact if you have any theory, lay it out and don't expect people to buy your wares first.

Plus, there is already a comprehensive JTR thread.

Back