James Bond

Ogdred Weary

Resurrectionist
I'll watch it but with James Bond being retired as the leading character?.... mind you, ACDC didn't suffer from having a new lead singer so never say never again. Can cars do donuts from stationary?.
He comes "out of retirement" in the plot.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Here's the new Billie Eilish theme-song-

It definitely sounds like a Bond theme but it's a bit morose for me .. maybe that's the point because it matches the storyline? .. it's given me the good goose bumps anyway though, I especially like the orchestral backing although listening to the lyrics, I was thinking blimey, has Bond's just accidentally pulled an Emo?.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I love it. She's got such a beautiful and distinctive voice.
Yeah, she's definitely got a great voice. I was reading today that she's only 18 and so the youngest person ever to sing a Bond theme, she also wrote this theme with her brother. :cool:

Ogdred Weary

Resurrectionist
She does have a good voice and clearly has talent - but this doesn't sound like a typical Bond theme to me. Perhaps marking a change in direction for the films?
Daniel Craig's fifth and last does seem an odd time to be changing direction with Bond, that said. Skyfall was a partial "reboot" within his timeline and Spectre was an (apparently very bad) return to some of Bond's kitschy elements, so who knows.

I should play the new Bond, my interpretation will be that of a fat bloke (I have been preparing for this my whole life) who is a member of Camra and only communicates though Elvish. He won't do too many action scenes as he likes a sit down, his car can probably do the fighting for him; I have been sending my CV to Hollywood along with a list of actresses I want to play Bond Girls. Not heard back as yet but I'm sure they will get back to me soon.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
The Post Office is bringing out a collection of Bond stamps

https://shop.royalmail.com/special-stamp-issues/james-bond
l can just hear the discussions:

Boss: “OK: Bond. Right, we can’t be perceived to be objectifying women, we can’t present firearms in a positive light, we can’t portray high-performance cars as desirable and we can’t suggest that violence can solve problems. So: Ideas?”

Team: :tumble:

Boss: “Ah, fuckit, we’ll do flowers again...”

maximus otter

bugmum

Devoted Cultist
That's the first time I've heard the Billie Eilish song, and I quite like it - similar in mood to Adele's 'Skyfall", but then I have a taste for morose music.

I have to say that the best non-Bond Bond theme IMO has to be "Supremacy" by Muse. That. Song. Kicks. Ass.