• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

that picture looked familiar.....

1575542979008.png

I'll watch it but with James Bond being retired as the leading character?.... mind you, ACDC didn't suffer from having a new lead singer so never say never again. Can cars do donuts from stationary?.

He comes "out of retirement" in the plot.

Here's the new Billie Eilish theme-song-

It definitely sounds like a Bond theme but it's a bit morose for me .. maybe that's the point because it matches the storyline? .. it's given me the good goose bumps anyway though, I especially like the orchestral backing although listening to the lyrics, I was thinking blimey, has Bond's just accidentally pulled an Emo?.

I love it. She's got such a beautiful and distinctive voice.
Yeah, she's definitely got a great voice. I was reading today that she's only 18 and so the youngest person ever to sing a Bond theme, she also wrote this theme with her brother. :cool:

She does have a good voice and clearly has talent - but this doesn't sound like a typical Bond theme to me. Perhaps marking a change in direction for the films?

probably sound better when it's paired with the movie opening and sounds louder.

She does have a good voice and clearly has talent - but this doesn't sound like a typical Bond theme to me. Perhaps marking a change in direction for the films?

Daniel Craig's fifth and last does seem an odd time to be changing direction with Bond, that said. Skyfall was a partial "reboot" within his timeline and Spectre was an (apparently very bad) return to some of Bond's kitschy elements, so who knows.

I should play the new Bond, my interpretation will be that of a fat bloke (I have been preparing for this my whole life) who is a member of Camra and only communicates though Elvish. He won't do too many action scenes as he likes a sit down, his car can probably do the fighting for him; I have been sending my CV to Hollywood along with a list of actresses I want to play Bond Girls. Not heard back as yet but I'm sure they will get back to me soon.

The Post Office is bringing out a collection of Bond stamps

https://shop.royalmail.com/special-stamp-issues/james-bond

l can just hear the discussions:

Boss: “OK: Bond. Right, we can’t be perceived to be objectifying women, we can’t present firearms in a positive light, we can’t portray high-performance cars as desirable and we can’t suggest that violence can solve problems. So: Ideas?”

Team: :tumble:

Boss: “Ah, fuckit, we’ll do flowers again...”

maximus otter

That's the first time I've heard the Billie Eilish song, and I quite like it - similar in mood to Adele's 'Skyfall", but then I have a taste for morose music.

I have to say that the best non-Bond Bond theme IMO has to be "Supremacy" by Muse. That. Song. Kicks. Ass.

Delayed or not .. coming to a cinema near you soon..

Delayed or not .. coming to a cinema near you soon..

Billie Eilish is coming to a cinema near me soon? Doesn't she realise British ones are closed as well? It doesn't strike me as an essential journey either.

Billie Eilish is coming to a cinema near me soon? Doesn't she realise British ones are closed as well? It doesn't strike me as an essential journey either.
I liked him when he did that ballet even though he was a little boy so defying gender stereotypes. That was great.

I liked him when he did that ballet even though he was a little boy so defying gender stereotypes. That was great.

Now now Swifty, blokes are allowed to be ballerinas if they are gay or Russian.

Um, wasn't he both of those things?
He was. You stipulated "or", not "and". :cheer:

Since my pedantry is obviously overclocked just now, let me clarify by stating that, actually, it depends whether by "Russian" you meant "Russian" or, as is entirely possible, "Russian". The first word pertains to Russian ethnicity, which is a whole can of worms in itself. The second word pertains to the Russian state, and therefore citizenship. From this we can conclude that, while Nureyev was not Russian, he was nonetheless Russian, and may, therefore, sneak in by means of a technicality.

There are two Russian words which are translated into English as "Russian". The first is русский (russkii), which is the one which pertains to ethnicity. The second one is российский (rossiiskii), which is all about the Russian state.

Last edited:
Back