• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
But the kids loved him.

Well, he didn't really make movies for kids, but I do have some affection for those lesser talented filmmakers who keep plugging away regardless of success, or lack of it. I haven't seen that many of Shonteff's, but they are pretty boring. Doesn't mean he shouldn't have given it a go, God loves a trier.

Welcome to the killer spinal traction machine from Thunderball!

bond.jpg

Got a few city miles there.

“Britain’s biggest cinema chain is set to close all its screens after the new James Bond film was delayed until the spring — robbing audiences of a must-see movie and the industry of a lifeline.

It is drawing up plans to close all its UK sites as soon as this week, according to sources familiar with the discussions. The move puts up to 5,500 jobs at risk.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/cinema-giant-cineworld-to-shut-after-007-fiasco-d2rvdxjgw

maximus otter

“Britain’s biggest cinema chain is set to close all its screens after the new James Bond film was delayed until the spring — robbing audiences of a must-see movie and the industry of a lifeline.

It is drawing up plans to close all its UK sites as soon as this week, according to sources familiar with the discussions. The move puts up to 5,500 jobs at risk.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/cinema-giant-cineworld-to-shut-after-007-fiasco-d2rvdxjgw

maximus otter

Cinemas have been under threat since video and then DVD came in, but even more so since streaming services started.

I think in two years' time only about 20% of them in the UK will be left.

A few prestige city centre multiscreens, a few suburban strip mall multi-screens, and a few Arthouse/Heritage ones serving meals as well.

The 80's Bond movies that never happened
THE 'LOST' JAMES BOND MOVIES OF THE '80S ARE LIKE AN ALTERNATE 007 UNIVERSE
Contributed by
Ryan Britt
Dec 15, 2020, 5:29 PM EST (Updated)

Everyone knows that Timothy Dalton only got two James Bond movies and that, after License to Kill in 1989, the Bond franchise took a six-year break before Pierce Brosnan took over the role in 1995's GoldenEye. But what one new book asks is: What if Dalton got more movies and those movies were totally different? The truth is, the plans for James Bond movies we never saw are, in some ways, even more thrilling than the movies that were actually released.
Bond expert Mark Edlitz's latest book, The Lost Adventures of James Bond, is a deep dive into all the aspects of Bond adventures that aren't quite in the canon of the big screen films or the original Ian Fleming novels. Instead, Edlitz's book gives us a glimpse of what can best be described as the Lost Sea Scrolls of 007; versions of scripts and story treatments that, for a variety of reasons, never became cinematic missions of the world's most famous fictional spy. But, if Timothy Dalton didn't even get a third movie, how was there a fourth Dalton-Bond in the works?
etc

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/james-bond-timothy-dalton-lost-adventures-books-canceled-movies

Wow - I had no idea they'd used real crocs for that shot.

Wow - I had no idea they'd used real crocs for that shot.
I know, right? And to keep them line up like that, they had to have been tied down, which can't have been fun for them, and probably violated some kind of animal welfare regulations somewhere.

‘It’s the kiss of death
From Mr. Bus Passer
Parp parrrrrrrrrp parp.
He’s the man
The man with the dodgy hip
etc.
Alan Coren wrote about the elderly Bond in "Dr No Will See You Now".

"Bond tensed in the darkness, and reached for his teeth..." He fumbled around, found his Walther and shot at the figure in the corner, waking Moneypenny.

"You silly old sod." she exclaimed.

Bond beamed deafly. "Yes, it was, wasn't it!"

"YOU'VE SHOT YOUR WIG STAND." etc etc etc. The whole thing is a masterpiece (Q division fitting his car with a magnifying windscreen, automatic haemorrhoid ring in the seat, and so on.) If I can find it I'll scan it :) .

Alan Coren wrote about the elderly Bond in "Dr No Will See You Now".

"Bond tensed in the darkness, and reached for his teeth..." He fumbled around, found his Walther and shot at the figure in the corner, waking Moneypenny.

"You silly old sod." she exclaimed.

Bond beamed deafly. "Yes, it was, wasn't it!"

"YOU'VE SHOT YOUR WIG STAND." etc etc etc. The whole thing is a masterpiece (Q division fitting his car with a magnifying windscreen, automatic haemorrhoid ring in the seat, and so on.) If I can find it I'll scan it :) .
Ahh, Alan Coren - much missed.

One thing I disliked about Bond was the cheesy dialogue.
Having just watched Kingsman 2, with all of it's fuck this, fuck that, for fucks sake, suddenly Bond dialogue seems sophisticated.
Like Father Ted -

I have bad news for you lot.

007 wreath.jpg

Saw this today while visiting the cemetery. I don't know who the deceased was but he must have been a fan.

Back