• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
The new Bond theme song .. bit depressing IMO, I was hoping for something more upbeat like Duran Duran's View To A Kill type, energetic instead of another one of these moody wounded lamenting sultry woman type songs .. at this rate Coldplay will be doing the next theme song ..

.. or they could have thrown a bit of fun back in, similar to this ..

Last edited:
The new Bond theme song .. bit depressing IMO, I was hoping for something more upbeat like Duran Duran's View To A Kill type, energetic instead of another one of these moody wounded lamenting sultry woman type songs .. at this rate Coldplay will be doing the next theme song ..
She's no Shirley Bassey

Doesn't sound much like a Bond theme.

She's no Shirley Bassey
Shirley Bassey didn't waste time singing a 'James Bond screwed me but the bastard hasn't phoned me since' tune .. she sang about the baddie instead. Having said that, I still think this should have been the No Time To Die opening sequence tune instead .. it's even the 25th film in the series ...

The kids like Billie and as Daniel Craig is in his 70s now they needed to widen the demographic.

I reckon Bond was basically Fleming's ego trip.

A blue-eyed muscular, but slim-waisted man, in his prime, who smokes and has a fondness for alcohol and beautiful women.

Craig, at 53, may be pushing it a bit now, but he was clearly the best Bond since Connery.

Please don't destroy the whole Bond ethos with politically correct casting.
Let's face it half of the fun is that he's something of a stereotypical anachronism.

Last edited:
The kids like Billie and as Daniel Craig is in his 70s now they needed to widen the demographic.
The kids are down with Tom Jones. Is he still alive?. Someone should phone Tom Jones.

Tom Jones is very much alive, and as of about 10 years ago (the last time I saw him) in excellent voice. Thunderball is THE Bond theme for me, with Goldfinger coming in second.

I reckon Bond was basically Fleming's ego trip.

A blue-eyed muscular, but slim-waisted man, in his prime, who smokes and has a fondness for alcohol and beautiful women.

Craig, at 53, may be pushing it a bit now, but he was clearly the best Bond since Connery.

Please don't destroy the whole Bond ethos with politically correct casting.
Let's face it half of the fun is that he's something of a stereotypical anachronism.

I loved the original Bond books, read most of them when I aged 13 - 15.

I like the idea of a female Bond though. Emily Blunt would be good in the role.

I loved the original Bond books, read most of them when I aged 13 - 15.

I like the idea of a female Bond though. Emily Blunt would be good in the role.
Not muscly enough to do those close-combat scenes.

She's no Shirley Bassey

But she's certainly got a burly chassis....

billie.JPG

I'm still not excited to see it. I'm in a get round to it one day frame of mind.
I know what you mean. Daniel Craig hasn’t been a good Bond for me. I can wait until the fuss dies down and watch it on PrimeFlix or ordinary TV.

I find the old style Aston Martin with machine guns rather attractive!
That part is cool yes but the car crash over the edge of the cliff looks CGI to me (I could be wrong?). Bond films are infamous for pulling off real car stunts. And I wasn't keen on those sequences with the people in black coming down on the wires .. a bit too much like Mission Impossible. I'm still going to watch it though some day.

That part is cool yes but the car crash over the edge of the cliff looks CGI to me (I could be wrong?). Bond films are infamous for pulling off real car stunts. And I wasn't keen on those sequences with the people in black coming down on the wires .. a bit too much like Mission Impossible. I'm still going to watch it though some day.
I seem to remember TV shows such as 'The A Team' would by the right to show clips of crash scenes from the 'Bond' studios.

I seem to remember TV shows such as 'The A Team' would by the right to show clips of crash scenes from the 'Bond' studios.
I was working with a woman called Anne last year (covid emergency stuff) .. sadly her Dad passed away not to long ago and he was the man that designed the Lotus Esprit amongst other cars so he was a bit of a legend in the automotive industry.

It's a small world because my Dad had strong connections with Lotus, he built a Lotus 5 for a Classic Cars Magazine feature with Lotus commissioning him and also hand made the steering wheel and column for the Live And Let Die under water Esprit 'back in the day' so in 2020 his Son and his Daughter ended up working together by fluke coincidence. Turns both our Dads knew each other. Keeping the British end up.

Last edited:
Back