Jared Leto, Cult Leader?

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
Actor, musician, and now apparently Jesus 2.0, Jared Leto has often been a questionable figure, mainly when he started to dress, talk, and walk like Jesus. (We’re guessing how Jesus might have walked). His band, 30 Seconds To Mars has always had a very dedicated following. If you watch any of their videos or live footage you can quite clearly see people in the crowd losing their minds and worshiping the ground he stage dives on. 30STM fans are also known as The Echelon, a hoard of - mostly young females - that endeavor to follow him everywhere he goes with the hope of an audience with him and his shiny Jesus beard.
However, things seem to have taken a very unsettling turn as Jared Leto has now started an actual cult where he invites his fans to join him on an isolated island where he proceeds to walk around like some sort of modern-day Jim Jones preaching to his choir.

https://www.rawmusictv.com/article/...-an-island-and-his-followers-call-him-Prophet

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Actor, musician, and now apparently Jesus 2.0, Jared Leto has often been a questionable figure, mainly when he started to dress, talk, and walk like Jesus. (We’re guessing how Jesus might have walked). His band, 30 Seconds To Mars has always had a very dedicated following. If you watch any of their videos or live footage you can quite clearly see people in the crowd losing their minds and worshiping the ground he stage dives on. 30STM fans are also known as The Echelon, a hoard of - mostly young females - that endeavor to follow him everywhere he goes with the hope of an audience with him and his shiny Jesus beard.
However, things seem to have taken a very unsettling turn as Jared Leto has now started an actual cult where he invites his fans to join him on an isolated island where he proceeds to walk around like some sort of modern-day Jim Jones preaching to his choir.

https://www.rawmusictv.com/article/...-an-island-and-his-followers-call-him-Prophet
I'll join just so I can give him a kick up the arse. Hurry up Covid...

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do

Oo-kaaay....

We liked a couple of their songs back in the day... and then they went a bit "preachy" so we gave up on them. Haven't heard of them in years.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Jared's been a professional diddy for years, with an ego the size of a planet, but recently he's been called out on it. Makes a twisted sense he would want to be surrounded solely by those who want to adore him from now on. If it keeps him out of movies, fine, just don't kill anyone. OK, he was really good in Dallas Buyers' Club, but he seems to be closer to his Joker "interpretation" IRL.

James_H

And I like to roam the land
He'll always be Jordan Catalano to me.

Thanks for starting this thread. I heard suggestions that his band have gone a bit culty with expensive spiritual retreats for fans but I never followed it up.

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Jared's been a professional diddy for years, with an ego the size of a planet, but recently he's been called out on it. Makes a twisted sense he would want to be surrounded solely by those who want to adore him from now on. If it keeps him out of movies, fine, just don't kill anyone. OK, he was really good in Dallas Buyers' Club, but he seems to be closer to his Joker "interpretation" IRL.
Pretty much the only decent thing he's done that I've seen.