• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jared Leto, Cult Leader?

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
Actor, musician, and now apparently Jesus 2.0, Jared Leto has often been a questionable figure, mainly when he started to dress, talk, and walk like Jesus. (We’re guessing how Jesus might have walked). His band, 30 Seconds To Mars has always had a very dedicated following. If you watch any of their videos or live footage you can quite clearly see people in the crowd losing their minds and worshiping the ground he stage dives on. 30STM fans are also known as The Echelon, a hoard of - mostly young females - that endeavor to follow him everywhere he goes with the hope of an audience with him and his shiny Jesus beard.
However, things seem to have taken a very unsettling turn as Jared Leto has now started an actual cult where he invites his fans to join him on an isolated island where he proceeds to walk around like some sort of modern-day Jim Jones preaching to his choir.

https://www.rawmusictv.com/article/...-an-island-and-his-followers-call-him-Prophet

Actor, musician, and now apparently Jesus 2.0, Jared Leto has often been a questionable figure, mainly when he started to dress, talk, and walk like Jesus. (We’re guessing how Jesus might have walked). His band, 30 Seconds To Mars has always had a very dedicated following. If you watch any of their videos or live footage you can quite clearly see people in the crowd losing their minds and worshiping the ground he stage dives on. 30STM fans are also known as The Echelon, a hoard of - mostly young females - that endeavor to follow him everywhere he goes with the hope of an audience with him and his shiny Jesus beard.
However, things seem to have taken a very unsettling turn as Jared Leto has now started an actual cult where he invites his fans to join him on an isolated island where he proceeds to walk around like some sort of modern-day Jim Jones preaching to his choir.

https://www.rawmusictv.com/article/...-an-island-and-his-followers-call-him-Prophet

I'll join just so I can give him a kick up the arse. Hurry up Covid...

Oo-kaaay....

We liked a couple of their songs back in the day... and then they went a bit "preachy" so we gave up on them. Haven't heard of them in years.

Jared's been a professional diddy for years, with an ego the size of a planet, but recently he's been called out on it. Makes a twisted sense he would want to be surrounded solely by those who want to adore him from now on. If it keeps him out of movies, fine, just don't kill anyone. OK, he was really good in Dallas Buyers' Club, but he seems to be closer to his Joker "interpretation" IRL.

He'll always be Jordan Catalano to me.

Thanks for starting this thread. I heard suggestions that his band have gone a bit culty with expensive spiritual retreats for fans but I never followed it up.

Jared's been a professional diddy for years, with an ego the size of a planet, but recently he's been called out on it. Makes a twisted sense he would want to be surrounded solely by those who want to adore him from now on. If it keeps him out of movies, fine, just don't kill anyone. OK, he was really good in Dallas Buyers' Club, but he seems to be closer to his Joker "interpretation" IRL.

Pretty much the only decent thing he's done that I've seen.

Oo-kaaay....

We liked a couple of their songs back in the day... and then they went a bit "preachy" so we gave up on them. Haven't heard of them in years.
Creed went preachy because of there singer and the singer the turn out to be mentality ill that his family had put restraining order on him because of threats to kill if I remember right.

He's a massively deluded shitbag, even by Hollywood standards, he "method acted" being blind for BladeRunner 2049 turning up on set being lead around by a helper. All that for two or three scenes.

He allegedly "method acted" being the Joker, again for maybe 10 minutes in the final cut and supposed dead snimals and used condoms etc to his co-stars. Someone please nuke his island with him on it.

Cha-ching.

As Elron supposedly said back when he was just a sleazy asshole and sci-fi author, "If you want to make some real money, start a religion."

The crazy is strong here in the United States of Cluelessness. The good thing about quarantine (I'm healthy and trying to stay that way) is that since I don't encounter people at all most days, I run across very few insane ones.

He allegedly "method acted" being the Joker, again for maybe 10 minutes in the final cut and supposed dead snimals and used condoms etc to his co-stars. Someone please nuke his island with him on it.
So, he'a a vegan messiah? They deserve him. I can't wait to see what Peta-phile cool-aid parties look like.

Back