Jeffrey Epstein Suicide Or Murder: Speculation

Ascalon

Devoted Cultist
At the very least, this is piss poor detainee welfare.
He must have been on suicide watch.
And he was still able to manage it.
They are either entirely incompetent or complicit.
Either way, there should be a lot of swords in danger from heavy falling objects.
I wonder what will happen to the investigation now? Hadn't heard anything about Epstein turning.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
If he wasn't executed, which is a possibility since he basically had everything and lost everything and that can affect a mind even as twisted as his, then I can imagine nobody lifting a finger to stop him ending it all if that's what he really wanted to do.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
The news accounts are confusing. He was previously put on suicide watch after hurting himself. Some news channels are reporting he'd recently been taken off suicide watch.

Ascalon

Devoted Cultist
Not surprised that the #45 is already starting to play to his base with another round of Clinton bashing.
After his thumbs up picture gaff, he needs something to deflect the heat.
This is far from over if the legal commentators are even half right. Much evidence gathered.
Given the recent interference and obstruction stuff, authorities will probably be on edge for calls from certain quarters.

Last edited:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Not surprised that the orange gibbon is already starting to play to his base with another round of Clinton bashing.
After his thumbs up picture gaff, he needs something to deflect the heat.
This is far from over if the legal commentators are even half right. Much evidence gathered.
Given the recent interference and obstruction stuff, authorities will probably be on edge for calls from certain quarters.
Let's lose the first paragraph and keep the second. We have a no-politics rule.

Acceptable if points are conspiracy oriented, but no point scoring (gibbon etc.).

When Epstein was arrested this time, Trump denied he even knew the man, so within 24 hours the news programs showed still photography and video footage of Donald yucking it up with Jeffrey at parties. Trump, too, flew on the so-called "Lolita Express."

Saturday evening I was reading on a website where someone who had done an enormous amount of research on Epstein for a proposed book commented that it was her belief that Epstein was a thoroughgoing narcissist. This led her to conclude that it would be very strange for him to want to kill himself at this precise moment. She felt that he could very well end up committing suicide, but only later in the criminal justice process, AFTER the enjoyment of taking down at least a number of clients/enemies he had kompromat on. Her take was that he was a vengeful man when it concerned people who had crossed him.

Of course, this is all mere speculation, but then that word's in the title of this thread, so I thought I would toss it out here as another take on the situation.

(edited because of a typo)

James_H

And I like to roam the land
It's easy to assume guilt by association, and we should be careful of that. Here's Stephen Pinker on such accusations, based on the fact that he had been seen/photographed with Epstein: Tarring Steve Pinker and others with Jeffrey Epstein.

True, both Clinton and Trump have both been accused of sexual misconduct (including rape) on multiple occasions. Both were associates of Epstein. But it doesn't necessarily follow that Epstein was procuring them underage sex-slaves. Wait for some actual evidence, not just innuendo.

It really is stupid of Trump to try and pin this on the Clintons given his own links with Epstein. It'll only draw more attention to that, as usual I doubt if he's taking advice.

tre2.jpg

Last edited:

Cochise

Justified & Ancient
Given the man's ubiquitous presence in society, I expect there are few people among the world's high rollers who have not been seen with him. Heck, you don't get to be rich and influential by turning down free plane rides and free parties.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
The jokes are coming thick & fast. I just read this one elsewhere...

If you're surprised that Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide this morning

Imagine how surprised he must have been.

--------------

This is a story that will be interesting to see how it pans out. There are so many possibilities and so many with so much to hide. Time will tell. Perhaps.

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Given the man's ubiquitous presence in society, I expect there are few people among the world's high rollers who have not been seen with him. Heck, you don't get to be rich and influential by turning down free plane rides and free parties.

Exactly
The entertainment value for us observers though is in watching celebrities who, not so many years ago were more than happy to be associated with Epstein, drop him faster than an angry tarantula once details of what went on at his parties became public. Clinton's obfuscation struck me as very reminiscent of his cringeworthy attempts to weasel out of the Monika Lewinsky affair.
I guess we all like to see the supposed great and the good being toppled from their pedestals!

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Remember that there is a limit, very quickly reached, about what the forums can host as accusations and innuendo against the living and untried......

Frideswide

uair01

Justified & Ancient
Remember that there is a limit, very quickly reached, about what the forums can host as accusations and innuendo against the living and untried......
Frideswide
But I hope memes are allowed. I find them highly entertaining. ... And, in fact they're modern summaries of the conspiracy theories. In earlier years these communication battles were fought with pamphlets. Today they're fought with memes.

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient

Frideswide
I get that.
In which case I would have thought it would be wise to prohibit ANY conspiracy threads implicating living people.
If we can't float any memes based on what's being claimed on the Internet, then what is the point of the thread?