• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
As a postman I have delivered thousands of those bloody things since Covid started. Always handwritten,with a stamp and addressed ‘the occupier’ or a variation of that. Sometimes we get whole roads having them on the same day. I’ll be glad when they start knocking again.
I sent one back a picture of a halibut, in an unstamped envelope.

I don't know if I have already posted this but I had two ladies come to my place, they mentioned God and asked if they could talk to me, and I thought, why not, I told them I was going out, and I was and they asked when they could come back, I agreed on Friday, I stayed in all day, they were a no show, how rude lol

I don't know if I have already posted this but I had two ladies come to my place, they mentioned God and asked if they could talk to me, and I thought, why not, I told them I was going out, and I was and they asked when they could come back, I agreed on Friday, I stayed in all day, they were a no show, how rude lol
If they were Jehovas Witnesses count yourself lucky.

Maybe they were bogus Jehovah's Witnesses.

Actually - scratch that; there's a scam that's never going to happen.

Criminal One: So - we need a fool proof way of getting people to allow us to enter their house.

Criminal Two: I know. I know. We could disguise ourselves as Jehovah's Witnesses.

Criminal One: Stares pityingly at companion. Wonders how easy it would be to get a proper job.

More twists to the Hamburg shootings. Be careful about telling the JHs to fuck off, they might shoot you.

A man who shot dead seven people in Germany was visited by police last month after a tip-off raised concerns about his mental health.

He co-operated with officers and there were not enough grounds to take away his gun at the time, police said. The 35-year-old suspect, named only as Philipp F, had a licence to own the weapon for sporting purposes. The country is preparing a new law involving tighter curbs on gun ownership, the interior minister said.

Seven people, including an unborn baby, were killed in Thursday's attack which unfolded at a Jehovah's Witness meeting hall in the city. The first emergency call came at 21:04 local time (20:04 GMT) to report that shots had been fired, and officers were on site four minutes later.

Video appeared to show the gunman firing through a window. He then stormed the building where dozens of people had gathered, firing nine magazines of ammunition before apparently turning the gun on himself after police arrived.

Eight people were injured, including a woman who was seven months pregnant. She survived but her unborn baby was killed.

Chancellor Olaf Scholz said the death toll could rise.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64918160

More twists to the Hamburg shootings. Be careful about telling the JHs to fuck off, they might shoot you.

A man who shot dead seven people in Germany was visited by police last month after a tip-off raised concerns about his mental health.

He co-operated with officers and there were not enough grounds to take away his gun at the time, police said. The 35-year-old suspect, named only as Philipp F, had a licence to own the weapon for sporting purposes. The country is preparing a new law involving tighter curbs on gun ownership, the interior minister said.

Seven people, including an unborn baby, were killed in Thursday's attack which unfolded at a Jehovah's Witness meeting hall in the city. The first emergency call came at 21:04 local time (20:04 GMT) to report that shots had been fired, and officers were on site four minutes later.

Video appeared to show the gunman firing through a window. He then stormed the building where dozens of people had gathered, firing nine magazines of ammunition before apparently turning the gun on himself after police arrived.

Eight people were injured, including a woman who was seven months pregnant. She survived but her unborn baby was killed.

Chancellor Olaf Scholz said the death toll could rise.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64918160
Possibly he had been excommunicated and shunned by his old friends.

An update, some background information and an illustration of the JH craziness which will probably result in the death of some of the wounded.

In a brightly lit hall on an industrial estate, rows of empty chairs are arranged in front of a plain wooden lectern.

Hamburg's Jehovah's Witnesses have cancelled all services after Thursday's deadly shooting, in another meeting hall in the city, claimed seven lives, including that of an unborn child.

The attack took place shortly after worshippers finished their service. Police have told them that they cannot rule out the possibility of a so-called copycat attack, says Michael Tsifidaris, who speaks for the community here. He's smartly dressed in a business suit, but looks exhausted. It's clear that he's still deeply shaken. Two of his friends were killed in the attack.

He tells us he spent Thursday night with survivors in hospital, and at the police station. But he also comforted relatives as they waited in a hastily arranged emergency centre for news of their loved ones.

"It's hard to imagine - a group of people are sitting together during an evening in the church, reading the Bible, singing, praying together. Then they spend a couple of minutes together to talk to each other after the meeting, Then, all of a sudden, a scene of love becomes a scene of hate and death."

The fact that the killer was a former member of the Jehovah's Witness community here makes the tragedy particularly hard to bear. There are about 4,000 Jehovah's Witnesses in and around Hamburg. The community is divided into smaller congregations, each with their own meeting place, known as a Kingdom Hall.

Detectives investigating the mass shooting have said the killer left the Jehovah's Witnesses on terms which were "not good".

Mr Tsifidaris says he doesn't know why the man left, didn't know him personally, and appears reluctant to talk about him.

Those who leave the Jehovah's Witnesses are often "disassociated" or cut off by most members of the community; a practice sometimes referred to as "shunning". ...

Uppermost in their thoughts are those who remain seriously injured in hospital. He's adamant that their treatment is not compromised by a refusal to accept blood transfusions - Jehovah's Witnesses believe that God forbids this. ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64932138

Appalling, more will likely die due to refusals of blood transfusions.

Police in India are investigating a series of explosions which killed three people at a Jehovah's Witnesses meeting in the southern state of Kerala.

More than 50 others were injured in the blasts on Sunday at an event held by the Christian-based religious movement near the port city of Kochi (Cochin).

A man was detained after he posted a video claiming responsibility for the attacks and surrendered to police.
Police said they were still trying to verify his confession.

"He is in our custody. He has also presented some pieces of evidence which we are verifying. The investigation is at its preliminary stage," additional director general of police MR Ajith Kumar told reporters.

The incident took place during a prayer session organised by Jehovah's Witnesses in the town of Kalamassery, about 10km (six miles) north-east of

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-67259078

Back